• Published 28th Jun 2015
  • 539 Views, 15 Comments

Bork & Pinkie - anotheraccount



Pinkie Pie and the Swedish Chef team up in the kitchen for some Cooking Catastrophes. May Celestia save us all.

  • ...
1
 15
 539

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The week before Hearth’s Warming was a very busy time of year for everypony. The day before Hearth’s Warming was the most busy day of the week. Some ponies were getting some last-minute practice for a Hearth’s Warming performance. Other ponies were putting the finishing touches on the decorations around town. Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie...sipped hot cocoa.

“So, Twilight,” Pinkie said as she lifted her cup and took a sip of her hot cocoa, “did you have any plans for the evening now that you’ve finished your Hearth’s Warming preparations?” Pinkie took another sip of cocoa and smiled as she cradled her cup in her hooves.

Twilight levitated her cup using her magic and took a sip. “Well, I’ll probably head back to the library and read some stories with Spike.” Twilight took another sip of cocoa and put her cup back down onto the table. “How about you, Pinkie? Any plans for the evening?”

Pinkie Pie enthusiastically nodded in response. “Yepperooni! I’m going to visit the bakeries in town, buy some Hearth’s Warming sweets, and come back here to Sugar Cube Corner!” Pinkie took another sip of cocoa, and then put her empty cup onto the table. “And then I’m going to bake some cookies!”

Twilight raised an eyebrow as she finished her cocoa. “I’m afraid to ask, but why are you gathering so many goodies tonight?”

Pinkie began rubbing her front hooves together as a large grin appeared on her face. “This year I’m going to find out who the sweetest chef is in Ponyville! I have my suspicions, but tonight I’m going to find out for sure!”

Twilight watched Pinkie bouncing energetically in her chair, and couldn’t decide whether it was from the cocoa or Pinkie just being Pinkie. For all she knew it could be either, or even a combination. She decided to table that mystery for the moment as Pinkie gasped and reached across the table to pull Twilight’s face towards herself until Twilight was mere inches away from Pinkie’s muzzle.

“Twilight, you have magic!” Pinkie said excitedly as she gazed into Twilight’s eyes.

“Um….yes?” answered Twilight as she blinked in confusion and tried to pull away from Pinkie’s grasp.

“Twilight, you can help me find out who the sweetest chef is in Ponyville with magic! If you cast a spell, we can find out right away without having to sample everypony’s cooking!”

Twilight pulled back and escaped the clutches of two surprisingly strong hooves. Lifting one of her own hooves, the began to tap her muzzle and furrowed her brows. “Well, I’m not so sure about divination magic...I don’t think there is a spell that can tell us this.” Twilight stopped tapping her muzzle and held her hoof still. Very quietly Twilight mumbled to herself as she watched Pinkie as she bounced in her seat, "However, lessening the sweets that Pinkie consumes tonight might not be such a bad thing." Twilight sat back in her chair and looked Pinkie in the eye. “It might not do anything, but we can try the…”

Twilight was unable to finish her sentence as Pinkie bounced over the table and tackled Twilight in a hug. “Thank you thank you thank you, this is going to be super-duper-ice cream scooper-terrific!” Pinkie released Twilight and backed up a few steps and then sat back down onto her seat.

Twilight shook her head and blinked to clear her head of the post tackle-hug stars floating around. She took two deep breaths and exhaled slowly. “We can try the spell. It might not do anything, so don’t feel bad if the spell fails.” Twilight sat up straight and then closed her eyes. A magical glow started to form around Twilight’s horn and slowly grew brighter. “Aid us in our cooking quest...help us find the sweetest,” Twilight began chanting but then suddenly was unable to avoid a loud cocoa-fueled hiccup. “...chef.” The glow around Twilight’s horn swiftly became too bright to look at as it started to make the zapping sound of many small static electricity discharges. Suddenly, there was a bright flash and a final surge of energy that pushed both Twilight and Pinkie into the backs of their seats.

“Ow, my head!” said Twilight as she rubbed her forehead.

Pinkie looked at Twilight with a concerned look on her face. “Twilight, are you ok?”

Twilight opened her eyes and looked up at her horn. “I think so, but I think I might have a headache for a little bit. Whatever happened, it looks like the spell is over. I’m sorry, Pinkie, but I don’t think…”

Pinkie and Twilight both raised an ear towards the wall. “Feendis vurr beh hurdegyoo, de whah de hay?” Steps followed the odd exclamation and went towards the door.

“Um, Twilight,” said Pinkie, “that doesn’t sound like a pony walking...it sounds more like Discord when he is walking on two legs.”

“Yes, that does sound bipedal,” answered Twilight.

“Twilight, silly, it sounds like he is walking...not riding a bike.”

“Pinkie, bipedal means...ugh, nevermind.” Twilight said and then turned her head towards the door of Sugar Cube Corner. The steps had nearly approached the door, and she wanted to see who would walk through.

The door opened. A strange creature walked through the door. He was walking on two legs, dressed as a chef, and was carrying a pot in his hands that contained various cooking implements. He had a mustache that Spike would be envious of, and bushy eyebrows that concealed his eyes. “Lerrleh yool….whoah!” he said as he started to step into the bakery and promptly slipped on some ice that had gathered right below the shop’s doorstep.

Twilight quickly caught their guest and his cooking tools using her levitation. She slowly set him down onto the floor and levitated his utensils to a position that was easy for him to collect. Turning her head, Twilight looked at Pinkie. “You may want to take care of that icy patch...somepony, or someone, could get hurt on that.”

Pinkie nodded at Twilight and then walked over to her guest. “Are you the sweetest chef?”

“Esf de vern du questigoon, guud guud. Swedish Chef, yah,” answered the Chef.

Pinkie’s face lit up in a glowing smile. “Sweetish?”

The Chef waved a stirring spoon and said, “Yah, yah, Swedish Chef.”

Pinkie began jumping around the Chef in a circle. “Oh my goodness Twilight, your spell worked!”

“Um, Pinkie,” said Twilight as she watched Pinkie jumping around the Chef, “I don’t think that he said sweetish...it sounded like he said Swedish or something.” Twilight scratched the side of her face and tried to take in what was happening. “I’m not even sure what language he is speaking. There are parts that are similar to our words, but I don’t recognize the other parts.” She watched Pinkie as she began conversing with the Chef. "How do they understand each other?" Twilight said to herself. She tried, but could not quite understand what the Chef was saying.

“Oh, totally, Chef! Let’s head back to the kitchen and get started!” said Pinkie as she led the Chef behind the counter.

Author's Note:

This is a work of fanfiction (unofficial stories that lovingly borrow characters/settings, written by a fan of the show) - please do not confuse this with the the show. This story takes place in a somewhat alternate universe.

I do not own the characters or setting of the FIM universe - they belong to Hasbro. Please support them by purchasing their products (collectibles, videos, toys, etc.) - they are available at many physical stores as well as online.

I do not own the character Swedish Chef - he belongs to The Muppets Studio, which is owned by Disney.

The Swedish Chef does not speak Swedish (nor do I)...it is just gibberish intended to be funny. The Swedish Chef is one of my favorite Muppet characters.

Chapters after this one may be shorter or longer...they will mainly be about various cooking mishaps.