• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 808 Views, 19 Comments

The grasp of power - Psycho-genius brony



A new alicorn arrives. He carries an odd key carved with runes beyond Celestia's time. Then, chaos.

  • ...
13
 19
 808

His Arrival

"So this is Ponyville. Hmm, it looked a lot smaller from the air, not even counting the distance I was from it." he said to himself. "Anyway, I came for an expirement. Does this really work? It turned me into an alicorn when I was a foal playing with this priceless heirloom. Ah, how young and naive I was back then."

He walked through the town, getting odd glances from the ponies he walked by. Once, he was able to hear one of the ponies saying, "Could he be royalty?" Much to his disdain, he was later tackled by a pink pony whom carried the distinct odor of cotton candy. She spoke in an odd manner, speaking so face he was barely able to tell what she was saying, but he was able to tell that she said,"Wow! Another alicorn! I've only met 3 alicorns, and they're princesses. Hey I have a question, are you a prince? Because if you're then I'll have to throw you an extra special welcome party. Because you're royalty I need to throw a party with royal standards. So are you a prince?"

"NO! NOW GET OFF OF ME!!!" he replied angrily.

"Whaaat? You're not royalty? then why are you an alicorn? I thought only royalty could be alicorns." she asks.

"Hmmm, hey I've got an idea."

"What is it?"

"Could you introduce me to some of the ponies around here? I'm trying to test a theory I've got."

"What's the theory?"

"It's secret."

"Don't worry, I'll keep you're secret! I Pinkie Promise that I'll keep your secret."

"Mmmm, no."

"Awww."

"Anyway, I'm looking for some ponies. I believe they represent the Elements of Harmony."

"Oh I'm one of them. I represent the Element of Laughter."

"Excellent! Now hold still."

"What for?"

"Please don't talk during this."

"Fine."

Wordlessly, he places the ancient key on her forehead and turns it. There's a brief click and a flash of light, and later where Pinkie Pie was standing, now stands a pink, frizzy maned alicorn.

"Wow!" she exclaims, "What is that thing?"

"I don't know, but I call it The Stellar Key." he replies, "It's how I became an alicorn. Apparently, due to brief analysis, you no longer are a representation of laughter, but now you're the alicorn of laughter. You can make anyone laugh with your magic."

"Yippee! Oh wait I've got to start planning your welcome party! Bye!"

"Pinkie Pie, wait! Oh darn. Now how will I find the other Elements, speaking of which.I wonder if any of the other ponies in Ponyville are capable of becoming an alicorn. I know! I'll try it on that mare over there. She's passed out from taking too many shots, so she won't mind if I make her an alicorn."

After another click and a flash of light, Berry Punch was an alicorn." Hmm, I wonder what she has power over. " he wondered." Interesting. Her talent is making and drinking wine. I'm pretty sure she has power over alcohol now."

"Oh, that's not good is it. Well, I don't know how to un-alicorn her, so she'll be an alicorn for a while now. Luckily, we won't have a wine alicorn forever. I turned my parents into alicorns, but after a few years, they died. So the resulting state is more power, but no immortality. However, I believe if an alicorn gains enough power they become immortal."

"I remember though, she mentioned something about the local royalty to be alicorns. I might upset them if I make too many ponies alicorns."

"Off to find the Elements!"

End of the Prologue