• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 804 Views, 19 Comments

The grasp of power - Psycho-genius brony



A new alicorn arrives. He carries an odd key carved with runes beyond Celestia's time. Then, chaos.

  • ...
13
 19
 804

The Elements

Chapter One

"That's it!" he exclaimed. "The elements are normally cautious of anything they can't explain, so they won't even come within 10 hooves of me. What if I sent them a letter. only I'll use my enhanced powers as an alicorn to turn into a sheet of paper. Yes! It's surefire! I know where they're adresses are, but they won't let me even come close without knocking me out and hogtieing me."

Good, he thought, now let's start with Fluttershy, she'll be quite kind. A poof later, he was in a mailbox and addressed to Fluttershy's Cottage at the edge of the Everfree forest. A few hours later, Derpy picked him up and delivered him to Fluttershy. Even later, Fluttershy opened up the envelope. It was a short paper saying"
Dear Fluttershy,

You're about to ber turned into an alicorn.

From,

Lux Tenebrae
P.S. Blink.

"Wha-eep!"

"Hello Fluttershy, I'm going to make this short," *click* "There, Bye Fluttershy!"

"Now, then," Lux said to himself."Who next. Maybe perhaps Twilight?"

"Time to send another letter!"

Dear Twilight,

I hope you won't mind, but you will soon be an alicorn!

From,

Lux Tenebrae
P.S. My first name means light, and my last name means Darkness.

"There! Finished!" Lux said to himself."Umph! Envelopes are so stuffy!"

The next day, he was in Twilight's mailbox, but he didn't expect her freaking out after reading the letter and setting him on fire.

"Ow! What was that for! I have 3rd degree burns everywhere and 2nd degree burns covering my face!"

"You were threatening to turn me into a... oops."

"Can you get me to a hospital?" he managed to ask before everything he passed out from the pain.

A mad dash to the hospital and a long treatment later...

"Hello? Are you awake yet?"

"Considering the fact that I'm used to exsquisite pain, yes."

"Finally! I'm sorry for not taking the meaning positively."

"Still, I have a mission to fulfill."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean this!"*click*

"Aaah! You know that light is really bright, but I thought you weren't going to because I burned you."

"I'm doing this because I was born with an ability. It is also known as foreboding."

"Isn't that an ability that can tell you when bad things are going to happen?"

"Yes. I felt that a great evil would come. Greater than Discord, Greater than Chrysalis, even greater than if everypony started spontaneously being picked for a ponyslaughter."

"That isn't good."

"Indubadubly. Now that you're an alicorn, I shall explain your new powers. You control all of magic. If you wish you could relieve your Princesses of their magic. You only can control Unicorn Magic though. Discord's Chaos Magic is out of your power zone. You can also give ponies magic. You can cast high power spells without any fear of failing. If their are any magically induced ailments on anypony, you may relieve them of it. So basically, you control magic. I turned your two friends Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie into alicorns. Fluttershy controls kindness, and Pinkie Pie controls laughter, respectively. So you basically control your Element. Be careful Twilight Sparkle. Now could you bring your friends here?"

"Okay, I can get them here, but that's a lot to take in."

"It always is. I'm the alicorn of knowledge, and my name suits it because knowledge can be used for good or bad. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to take a nap."

"Ok I'll go. Have a quick recovery!"*poof!*"And I see you just healed youself."

I got bored so I finished Chapter 1 when nopony was looking.