• Published 21st Jun 2015
  • 551 Views, 4 Comments

Prism Pie - Keywii_Cookies55



Pinkie is hiding her true self from everyone around her. What she shows on the outside isn't the way she really is. Follow the thoughts in her crazy brain as she goes about her daily life.

  • ...
 4
 551

EP1P1 Party Planning

Chapter 1

Strolling through the fields sure was fun, I can't wait to get home and start preparing Rarity's birthday party. It's only in two more months! Which reminds me I should probably ask if she's too busy with the Summer Sun festival preparations for lunch. I could definitely eat right now.

And maybe Rainbow Dash too! She's never too busy for lunch. Oh no! What if they don't want to have lunch TOGETHER? That'd be super-duper sad. I better not ask then, I want to see them smile, not frown! So I'm walking back into Ponyville now, that's good, I like being home. And the houses are on my right, as they should be. Or wait, is that my right or my left? I always mix the words up. The homes are in the right place though.

Hehehe, right...

And now the pink fence post is in the same place as always. That makes me smile. But wait, who's that up ahead? I've never seen her before! But wait, I need to make sure that I don't scare her away, I want to be her friend! Okay, I need to focus on what she looks like so I can remember for later.
She's a unicorn, so she can do magic. Ooooo...her coat is lavender, that's a really amazing colour! And her mane is indigo and long. And it's straight! Oh no! That's the saddest worst news I've ever-

Wait...

That's just MY mane that goes all flooffy when I'm happy and normal when I'm really wierdy-sad. Okay so her mane also has a stripe through it, that's pretty! I like her. She's going to be a really super amazing friend! I can't see her eye colour because she's looking away and talking to-

Who's THAT?

I don't know, me, but whoever it is, they're not a pony. I wonder what they are, and WHO they are, and what their favourite snack is! Wait, she's looking this way now, keep smiling so she doesn't think you're weird or different.

Her eyes are purple, remember that! She's smiling too, that means she's happy to see me! YES! Oh...wait a minute, is that the floating square beside her? I thought I made that up when I was a filly. Does that mean she's important? I better make a good impression on her. Close your eyes and smile!

...

Okay, I've walked up to them, now stop and be normal, that means happy and smiling. The purple spikey one is motioning to me, what do I do?
"C'mon Twilight" he says, so her name is Twilight, and they're friends with each other. "Just try." she doesn't look happy anymore though, did I already alienate her? This isn't good, maybe I didn't stop early enough, or I should have said hello first? But I don't know her, how does she like to say hello?
She looks at me and smiles again. "Uh...hello?" she says, sounding...I don't know, confused? But wait, I just said that I don't know her. That doesn't make sense, I know everypony in Ponyville. She must be new! I need to throw her a Welcome to Ponyville party!
"OOOOUUUAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" I say really loudy. But wait! I didn't mean to! Now I've probably weirded her out. Run! Oh, the floating square isn't following me, I guess she IS importa-

THAT DOESN'T MATTER RIGHT NOW I NEED TO PLAN A PARTY! Is that Big Mac? Stop in front of Bic Mac, but look super excited and not panicy
"Big Mac!" I say after I stop, "There'sanewgirlintownandIneedtothrowherawelcometoPonyvillepartytonight!" He isn't saying anything, but that's normal, also I think I was waving my forelegs around, but I wasn’t paying attention to that. "Can you make it?"
"Eeeeyup" He declares in that absolutely sure way he does.
"Great! I'll send out the invitations later when I make them" He smiles and then goes back to what he was doing. I need to calm down a bit, so I start hopping instead of trotting.

Is that Golden Harvest walking beside Bon Bon? I need to ask them too before I go home and prepare! I hop over to them, but don't stop before you get to them! Hop and smile the whole way! Wait, where's Lyra? I thought she was visiting today for the festival
"Oh, hi Pinkie." Bon Bon says as she smiles, Goldie smiles too. Okay, I'm good, so now I smile for real...even if my face doesn't change.
"Hi Bon Bon, hi Goldie." I say before looking specifically at Bon Bon, "Where's Lyra? I thought she was visiting today, and when she's in town you two are almost ALWAYS together!" Good, I said 'almost'.

Bon Bon thinks for a second and then says, "She and Amethyst are shopping in Canterlot today before they take the train here later today."
“I hope they can make it to the party tonight,” I blurt out without thinking. Oops.
They both look at me confused. “Party?” Goldie tilts her head and asks. No! I had to explain it first!
“You’re throwing a party?” Bon Bon adds. Everything is off now! And I can’t just run away and hide, I’m stuck here! Check to make sure you’re still smiling.
Okay you’re good, invite them though so they don’t feel left out! “It’s later today!” don’t explain it though, you already missed your chance!
“Can you two make it?”

They look at each other and smile, smiles are good, but why did they look at each other first? Is that something they do when I do something different or weird? WHATEVER YOU DO, DON’T LOOK WORRIED.
“Sure, it sounds like fun!” Goldie says.
That’s so super fantastic that I actually laugh, maybe I shouldn’t have laughed so loud, but that’s something I’d do right? Laugh when something’s going to be fun? I just hope I don’t mess up the party planning. “Yep, I’ll give you invitations when I make them!”

Well that’s good, I’m glad they can both make it. I need to hurry home and start making the invitations though so I can start giving them to everypony in town!
I’m just hopping away when Bon Bon calls out to me, “Wait, Pinkie.” NO! I can’t explain it, and now I’m all out of energy. Don’t let her see though, bounce back, be the Pinkie they all think you are! Check and make sure your smile is normal. Okay, now close your eyes so they can’t see your worry. Good, now say something.

...

SAY SOMETHING BEFORE IT GETS AWKWARD! I know it’s hard, but do it! “What is it, Bon Bon?” I open my eyes and look at her in happiness. I was able to say something, I’m so proud of me!

She looks a bit...well it’s not confused, what’s that look on her face? Her eyes look like they’re confused and NOT confused. And her ears aren’t confused. Her muzzle also isn’t confused. What is she looking like right now?
“I know it’s a party for the Summer Sun Celebration, but where is it happening?” Bon Bon asks, except it ISN’T for the Summer Sun Festival. I’m having a DIFFERENT party for that.

"OOOOUUUAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" I have another great idea! I could have Twilights Welcome-to-Ponyville party and the Summer Night Summer Sun Fun Summer party be the SAME party! It could be a Welcome to the Summer Fun Ponyville Night of Fun party! I don’t run away this time though. I can go ‘Ooah’ around them though because they’ve seen me do it before.
“I could just combine both of the parties! Thanks Bon Bon!” I say before I DO run now, I need to go prepare.

Author's Note:

Heya folks! I go by alot of online names, but 'Kiwi' seems to be popular these days, XD

I've never written a My Little Pony fanfiction before, so if I did something you don't like, don't be afraid of letting me know. I've written a fanfic for Portal 2 four or so years ago, but MLP is new territory for me to dip my toes into.

You may have noticed...almost immediately that is...that I've decided to write the character of Pinkie Pie slightly differently than most, rest assured this is on purpose. You see, I've been (I don't want to use the word 'fighting' here since that isn't technically true, but it's the best word for the job) fighting Autism all my life.

I see the world differently, I'm slow to learn things, I'm deathly afraid of doing completely new things, and in general the act of socializing confuses me practically 90% of the time. So in the last year or so I've spent some time talking with, and sympathizing with other Autistic individuals.

In that time I've learned that the representation of autistic characters in...well basically every form of media is almost non-existent. The biggest example anyone seems to have is Rainman, and that may or may not be a poor example, but it certainly isn't the only way in which autism affects people.

So, I made a decision to write an MLP fanfic starring an autistic version of a character. I felt Twilight could fit, but seemed like the obvious choice for something like this. I was tossing around the idea of Applejack for a while, but decided against it, mostly because I'm afraid of trying to write her character correctly.

And thus we arrive at today, and the unveiling of two weeks of planning, 3 months of convincing myself to actually do this, and than another week of writing off and on. The finished product is completely out of my hands though.

To simplify everything for everyone. I hope that you all enjoy this, and if I get enough positive feedback I'll be sure to continue it (I didn't even finish the first episode for crying out loud)