• Published 14th Jun 2015
  • 4,136 Views, 10 Comments

Twilight Becomes A Dazzling: The Aftermath - Twilight Lightning



What will Twilight's friends do to save her? Will she go back to normal or will she remain a siren forever?

  • ...
14
 10
 4,136

Preparation

Preparation

“So I see. They’ve claimed another…and a bright mind at that. If what you say is true, little pup, then Twilight sounds a lot like me in my glory days.”

“It’s Spike. And yeah, she practically idolized you. She’s read all your books like, a million times.” Spike chewed on a treat as they all sat down in Pinkie’s room.

“Yes, from what you’ve told me she must have unbridled potential. For one to become Celestia’s personal student and ascend to an alicorn, with in one year no less. It is highly impressive. But considering what you said Mrs. Shimmer, I’m left to wonder how she fell into the hands of the sirens.”

“Please, just call me Sunset. I don’t know though, she sounds like she still cares about the girls but…I’m just not sure what to think. She said to keep them safe, but why would she do that if she hates you?”

Pinkie gasped. “Maybe she doesn’t hate us! What if she’s just playing and taking them down from the inside. Like a ninja.”

“Um, Pinkie, ah don’t think that’s what she’s after. ‘An she certainly ain’t any ninja. She’s just confused…probably. They did somethin’, ah know it.”

“Your friend is lost forever. I’m sorry to tell you, but no magic could cure this ages ago, nothing would work. What do you have that you think would return your friend to normal?”

“We may not exactly have it, but we’ve got the magic of friendship with us. I mean, the six of us are friends, but Twilight kind of disowned us. But what we can do, is possibly get her Equestrian friends to snap her out of it. Or at the least talk to her.”

“The Elements of Harmony had no effect, what makes you think that her friends have the capability to cure her?”

“Well, maybe not on the outside, but on the inside. Maybe her Equestrian friends can break the curse.”

“That sounds great and all, but you’re still missing one thing. She doesn’t like us, at all. Twilight is completely against us here. What makes you think she’ll let us go anywhere?”

“Rainbow dash is right. I don’t think either of them would let us go to Equestria, or even leave town. It’s hopeless to go anywhere, maybe we should just stay here.”

“Fluttershy! Since when did…wait, maybe we can get to Equestria. It won’t be easy, but since I’m technically from Equestria maybe she’ll at least let me leave. When I do, I’ll gather her friends, tell princess Celestia, catch them all up, and bring them all here. It sounds farfetched but it just might work.”

Starswirl nodded. “I think you may have a point. But, what if the others keep you from leaving. From my understanding there should have been three originally, correct?” They all nodded. “Then you would have to go through three other sirens to get to Equestria, the odds are not stacked in your favor.”

“Sunset, I think it’s a little too risky for you to go alone. You should let us help you in some way.”

“Thanks Rarity, but I’ll bring Spike so there really shouldn’t be a problem. I’m just worried about getting there.”

“Ah gotta agree with Rarity, y’all wouldn’t stand a chance alone out there. If you think it’s gonna be a cake walk then you’ve got another thing comin’ cause gettin’ you ‘an Spike there will be harder than hangin’ on to a wild bull.”

“That sounds like fun!”

“Not now Pinkie. I just…I…I don’t know what to say. How are we going to get around this?”

“One cannot plan for every outcome, no matter how old or how wise you are. If something is bothering you then perhaps you should consult the aid of your friends. I know not how much Equestria has changed but I can infer that things are more lively than when I was there. Trust me when I say it was a darker time back then. What with Discord’s reign of chaos and the whole ordeal with the Crystal Empire and King Sombra along with the sealing of Tirek. All of this happened around a thousand years ago, and from what Spike said, dear Luna becoming Nightmare Moon and being trapped in the moon for a thousand years. Much has happened in my absence, I fear the worst for you Sunset Shimmer, but if you can make it back to Equestria you must do what you can.”

“I know, and…what’s Tirek?”

“A story for another time. Quickly, make hast, waste no time. You must go if you wish to make it, for I fear that danger will soon spread across this world. If this world falls then Equestria is sure to follow. Then who knows how many other worlds there are out there linked to the mirror you used.”

“Wait, wait, slow down. We can do this, I’m sure of it. So long as we have hope everything will turn out just fine.”

“Well ah sure hope you’re right about that Sunset, things’ll be gettin’ mighty bad here soon. Don’t know if this place’ll even hold up, with all them students wrapped Adagio’s finger like a lasso ‘round a pup tied to a post."

“We can do this girls, if we work together we can do this. Oh and you too Starswirl. Heh.”

“I am in no way offended. I simply wish the best of luck to everyone.”

Once they checked their belongings, and double checked everything, they set out to Canterlot High. When they got there, students were guarding the statue. “Well this just got a heck of a lot easier. Ah thought that they’d have more than that.”

“Maybe they didn’t think that far ahead.”

“It doesn’t matter, that just makes our jobs easier. Here we go, be extra quiet. More than usual Fluttershy.”

“Oh, um, alright. I’ll do my best.”

“Pinkie?”

“Okie dokie lokie.”

“Rainbow Dash?”

“Yeah, yeah I got it. Don’t look at me like that.”

“Good. Now we just have to sneak over there so me and Spike can get through the portal. Are you ready Spike?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be. Boy will I be glad to go back home.” An image of a manly Spike holding Rarity in his claws played through his head.

“Ooo…k then. Let’s go.”