• Published 13th Jun 2015
  • 725 Views, 10 Comments

Epic Rap Battles Of Ponyville - RachanaRoxx



Vinyl Scratch holds a rap battle competition for Ponyville.

  • ...
5
 10
 725

Chapter 2

Vinyl wakes up as early as possible to greet the first day of what she is sure is going to be the best week ever! She gets ready and runs out the door and to the amphitheater to wait for participants. She waits for a while and looks at her watch.

‘7:30! Ugh! I have to get my mind off this until noon.’ Vinyl decides to get a donut for breakfast at Sugarcube Corner.

‘Hello, dear’ greets Mrs.Cake, ‘What will it be?’

‘Hi, Mrs.Cake! I’ll just have two chocolate donuts, please.’

Vinyl pays for her donuts and starts to eat them. Pinkie Pie walk over and sits in the booth across from Vinyl.

‘Hey, Vinyl! Liking those donuts?’ Pinkie asks. Vinyl nods her head in agreement. ‘You know, I made those donuts!’ Vinyl swallows the last bit of her donut and replies, ‘Really?! They are amazing, Pinkie! The best donuts I have ever tasted!’

Pinkie shines a bright smile, ‘Thanks!’ Suddenly, there was a crash that came from the kitchen. ‘Oops, gotta go. Pumpkin Cake must be trying to eat the cake dough again. See you at noon!’ Pinkie says as she runs off.

‘Wait! Does that mean you are coming to be in the competition?!’ Vinyl calls out, but Pinkie Pie was out of sight. With a sigh, she takes a walk through the town. She decides to go to the studio she makes music in and work on a beat for the rap battles.

She walks in, expecting a bunch of other ponies inside, but finds it completely empty. ‘All to myself!’ she exclaims in relief to have the entire studio to herself. She goes to the record spinner and makes different potential beats. Disk after disk is spun, trying to be made the most out of. Every beat sounds beautiful in her ears. So involved in her music, she glances at her watch for a second. ‘11:55. Okay...I got time...WHAT!’ Vinyl starts to panic as she rushes out of the studio.

She races to the amphitheater to find a couple ponies already waiting there. She gets on stage and gets their attention. ‘Hello, everypony! I am Vinyl Scratch. You all must be here to participate in the Rap Battle Competition.’ Vinyl looks at the group on ponies and sees Rarity, Twilight, Zecora, Applejack, Big Macintosh and Pinkie Pie.

‘Is this everypony?’ Vinyl is a bit disappointed by the small number of ponies.

‘WAIT!’ yells a pony in the far distance. Vinyl looks closer to see Rainbow Dash coming, struggling to drag something along with her. As she comes closer, it is revealed that she is dragging Fluttershy. Once they get to the amphitheater, Rainbow collapses on the ground from exhaustion.

Fluttershy is frustrated with her rainbow maned friend, ‘Rainbow Dash! I told you that i didn’t want to do this!

Rainbow stands up, ‘Come on, Fluttershy, can’t you atleast try?’

‘Yeah, Fluttershy! Just give it a shot!’ Vinyl pleads. The rest of the ponies cheer her on too.

‘“Sigh” Fine, I’ll try.’ says Fluttershy.

Vinyl calls everypony on stage. ‘This is how it is going to work. Each of you will write your names on a piece of paper and drop it into this bowl. Then, I will draw two names at a time to decide your partner/opponent. Let’s do that first and then i will explain the actual competition.’

Everypony writes their names and drops it into the bowl as told. Once all the names are in, Vinyl shakes the bowl using her horn and picks out two pieces of paper. ‘Our first group is: Twilight and Zecora! Next we have: Fluttershy and Rarity! Next is: Pinkie Pie and Applejack! And lastly is: Big Macintosh and Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow bursts out laughing, rolling on the floor.

‘What is so funny?’ asks Twilight.

‘It-it’s just that-that i got paired up with-with him!’ she says, pointing to Big Mac.

‘And what is so funny in being paired up with my brother?’ says Applejack, trying to defend her brother.

‘Applejack, he barely says two words! How is he going to rap when he hardly talks?! This is going to be an easy win!’ says Rainbow, calming herself down.

Big Mac walks towards Rainbow Dash, angry. ‘I’ll talk if I so choose to, Rainbow. Don’t you think that I’ll be so easy to win against me.’

Rainbow Dash is speechless as everypony cheers for Big Macintosh.

Vinyl gets everypony’s attention again and explains the actual rules of the competition. ‘This is a rap battle, which means that you have to best each other while rapping. There will be three parts for each battle and each part has two verses. Suppose let’s take Rarity and Fluttershy. First Rarity will start with two verses, then Fluttershy will, and then Rarity, then Fluttershy, then Rarity and finally Fluttershy. Any questions?’

Rainbow Dash raises her hand. ‘Yes, Rainbow?’ Vinyl asks.

‘What are the prizes for this I want to know what I am fighting for!’

‘I was getting to that. In this competition, you have to work both with and against your partner. The audience will be the judges and will decide the result for two prizes. One of them is the winner for each battle. That is the main prize and there will be four winners out of you eight. But there is a special prize exclusive to only two of you. It is for the team with the best rap battle. So make your rap battle exciting. Oh and one more thing: In a rap battle, you are expected to criticize each other.’

Fluttershy is shaken by this. ‘Um...Vinyl...I don’t want to criticize anypony. Can’t we just say nice things? I don’t want to hurt anypony’s feelings.’

‘Well...you have to plan it together. It is just for the show, so you don’t have to mean anything you say. A rap battle is always more appealing with insults. Like I said, it is a performance.’

‘Well-’ Twilight starts, ‘if no pony’s feelings are going to get hurt, I suppose it will be fine.’

Everypony agrees by nodding their heads, except for Fluttershy.

‘I’m really sorry everypony, but I don’t think I can bring myself to insult other ponies on stage, even if it is only for the show.’ Fluttershy says as runs down the stage before anypony could drag her back. And just like that, she is gone.

‘Well, this is great!’ Rarity says, ‘Now I don’t have a partner!’

‘I’ll partner up with you!’ says a voice in the distance. They turn and see Trixie. Her attire is the same as it has always been, with her cape and magician’s hat.

‘Trixie! What are you doing here?’ asks Applejack

‘Well, The Great and Powerful Trixie was in town showing off her incredible tricks when she came across a certain poster. She was intrigued and realized that being in this would give the ponies of Ponyville another chance to witness yet another talent of the Great and Powerful Trixie!’

As Trixie continues to talk about herself, Applejack leans towards Rarity.

‘Are you sure you can handle partnering up with her?’

‘I honestly don’t know.’ Rarity replies, then turning to Trixie, ‘Alright, Trixie. I guess we are partners/opponents.’ and then Vinyl, ‘Is there anything else you need to tell us about the competition?’

Vinyl completely forgot that she was conducting this meeting. ‘Well, Trixie, did you hear the rules or should I repeat them?

‘No, no. I’m good.’

‘So, everyone get with your partners and start writing your scripts. I’ll be here checking on your work in case you need my help.’

The ponies split up in pairs across the stage, each planning while Vinyl walks around, checking on their work. Vinyl goes over to Pinkie Pie and Applejack.

‘This is going to be so exciting!’ Pinkie says

‘So, how are we going to do this?’ asks Applejack, not even knowing where to start. She turns to see Vinyl next to her.

‘Howdy, Vinyl! Perfect timing! I need a bit on help. You see, I have no idea where to start with this rap battle thing!’ Applejack admits.

‘Applejack, I told you, all you have to do is rhyme.’ says Pinkie, trying to get Applejack’s attention, ‘It is that easy. I would know, I have done it before!’

Vinyl is surprised by this. ‘Pinkie, you rap?

‘Well, I did make a rap to help Rainbow Dash learn more about the wonderbolts, so...yeah!’

‘Cool! Good luck, you guys!’ says Vinyl as she leaves their company to check on the other competitors. She goes over to check on Rarity and Trixie, who seem to be arguing about something.

‘Is everything alright?’ asks Vinyl.

‘Oh...uh...not to worry, darling. Everything is fine.’ Rarity says, obviously lying,

‘Are you sure?’

‘Yes, of course. It is not like I got paired up with the most arrogant and self-centered pony in equestria or anything’ she says, almost growling at Trixie. Trixie wasn’t bothered by it, though.

Vinyl decides to leave them alone, not wanting to get involved in whatever is going on with them. Next she goes to Twilight and Zecora, who seem to be getting along quite well, a nice contrast to Rarity and Trixie.

‘Okay, first we need to make sure we have all the points we need to get across.’ Twilight says, taking a piece of paper and divides it into two sides with the pencil she is levitating. On one side, she writes “Twilight” and the other, “Zecora”.

Vinyl walks up to them, ‘Hey Twilight and Zecora. How are you guys doing?’

‘We are fine, thanks for concern/ Your use for rhyme is fun to learn!’ says Zecora with a giggle.

‘How has scriptwriting been going?’ asks Vinyl.

‘Great so far.’ responds Twilight, ‘I decided to first write down everything that we should be sure to mention, and then use Zecora’s amazing rhyming skills, make an amazing rap battle’

Vinyl is impressed with how well planned out Twilight and Zecora seem to be. That was typical Twilight.

‘With my organizing ability and Zecora’s rhyming, there is no doubt that our team will win!’ says Twilight, hoof-bumping Zecora.

‘You do realize that you are also against each other, right?’ asks Vinyl, making sure that they don’t forget the big picture.

‘We don’t forget; Do not worry/ Only one will have victory” assures Zecora

Vinyl wishes them luck and decided to check on the last pair: Rainbow Dash and Big Macintosh. She finds them in a far corner.

‘How about we mention your farm?’ asks Rainbow Dash to her partner.

‘Nope.’

‘What about something about apples?

‘Nope.’

‘Are you even trying to win?

‘Eeyup.’

‘How in Equestria do you plan on winning if those are the only words you are going to say?’

Big Macintosh remains silent.

‘Ugh! SAY SOMETHING!’

Big Mac simply shakes his head. Furious, Rainbow starts to shake Big Mac vigorously. She sees Vinyl walk up to her.

‘Oh, hey Vinyl. What’s up?’ greets Rainbow Dash, letting go of Big Mac, acting cool like nothing had happened.

All that comes out of Vinyl’s mouth is “Um…”, not sure of how to respond after Rainbow’s outburst. ‘Go ahead, carry on.’ She manages to say, ‘Don’t let me stop you.’

She leaves them and just strolls around, watching the teams work (and argue) with each other. She looks at her watch, which shows 2:30.

‘Woah! We have been here for two and a half hours!’ Vinyl turns to the stage, ‘Okay everypony! Today’s session is over. Come back tomorrow, same time, same place!’

As Vinyl watches everypony leave, she sees Octavia below the stage, trying to get her attention. Vinyl jumps down from the stage to greet her friend.

‘Hey, Octavia!’

‘So, how was today’s session?’ Octavia asks, hoping for a positive response.

‘It was...not what I was expecting’ Vinyl admits.

The two mares walk home together. Vinyl tells Octavia about the whole session. She mentions all the competitors and how they got along with their partners.

‘I am almost afraid of Rainbow Dash right now!’ Vinyl says with a giggle, ‘But if I had to feel bad for one pony, it would be Rarity for sure. She is stuck with Trixie!’

‘The poor mare!’ says Octavia, thinking about all the brain damage she would have if she had to pair up with Trixie.

‘So, yeah. This competition will be interesting.’

As Octavia’s house approaches, she bids Vinyl goodbye and heads inside. Vinyl makes her way home and immediately crashes down on her couch. Too exhausted to move, she stares at the ceiling, thinking about the last three hours.

Once night time arrives, Vinyl heads to bed, excited for the day to come.