• Published 20th May 2012
  • 3,800 Views, 24 Comments

Rainbow Dash and Applejack's Confession of Love - Dear_Celestia



Applejack and Rainbow host a party, and soon find out there in love with one another.

  • ...
14
 24
 3,800

The Party

It was a glorious day in Ponyville. The sky was beautiful and the sun shined brightly. Rainbow Dash lied in the clouds with her eyes half closed about to fall asleep. Applejack had just finished buying a lot of donuts at the local bakery and was headed back home. She trotted down the streets of Ponyville and noticed Rainbow Dash in the clouds.

"Hey Rainbow Dash, ah could really use some help!"

Startled, she fell out of the clouds and landed on all fours beside Applejack.

"Geez Applejack, you don't have to scream. What do you need help with?"

Applejack chuckled.

"Ah just need you to carry some of these donuts. Ya see, it's Big Macintosh's birthday tomorrow, and ah just wanted to have something besides apples."

Rainbow looked at her and nodded.

"Sure thing. If it's Big macintosh's birthday, I will be glad to help."

Applejack packed some of the donuts onto Dash's back and they started to walk towards the apple farm.

"Ah've invited everypony. Twilight, Pinky, Fluttershy Rarity, and you. And of all my family is going to be there. Ah just need to set it all up and were good to go."

Rainbow cheerfully smiled.

"I hope we get to taste some of your famous apple pie to, right?"

"Oh, you will taste our famous apple pie alright, and many other desserts" Applejack reassured.

Meanwhile, back at Pinkies place, she was preparing for the party as well. She had gathered tons of balloons, as well as napkins, cupcakes, kazoo's, confetti, and her never ending joyful personality.

"Oh my gosh, I can't WAIT for Macintosh's birthdaaaay! It's gonna be so much FUUUN!" she said aloud as she pranced around her room. Twilight had just finished perfecting a spell that would give anypony the energy that Pinky Pie has for 8 hours. She needed to practice on somepony, so she decided to get Derpyhooves to come over. As Twilight got ready, Derpyhooves sat on the floor.

"Alright, Derpy, are you ready?"

Derpy nodded and smiled. Twilight took her stance and the top of her horn started to shine. A mystical aura surrounded Derpy as it lifted her into the air. Then it vanished and Derpy sat on the floor once more. Twilight sighed and looked at her.

"Did it work?" she asked.

Derpy didn't say anything for a few seconds, but then it hit her. She yelled and ran outside hopping and running from shop to shop. Twilight looked at her and softly laughed.

"Well, I guess it did work" she said cheerfully.

As for Rarity, she was locked away in her room doing her finishing touches on her new outfit she was going to take to the party. She looked at it as her eyes sparkled with excitement.

"Oh my, this is just wonderful! I can not wait to show everypony this dazzling outfit."

She picked it up and put in the last few threads. The outfit was a nice black color with three apples on the side of it. A bow tie was placed at the front and a hat that said Macintosh was separately made.

"But this outfit, will be for the birthday pony."

Fluttershy was outside talking to her animal friends. She was deciding which one to bring to the party. She sat there and put both of her hooves on her cheeks and thought about it.

"Ooh, I'm not sure which one to take. Wait a minute, I will just take them all" she said delightfully. She smiled and trotted back into her house.

As Applejack and Rainbow Dash made it to Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack turned around with a troublesome expression on her face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Rainbow asked

Applejack sighed.

"It's just, ah don't wanna be a bother, but we haven't even baked a cake yet, and well um, ah guess ah could use some help."

Rainbow looked at her with a smile and spoke with great pride.

"Don't you worry Applejack; we are going to bake the BEST cake Ponyville will ever taste!"

Applejack laughed and they both went inside the house to get the cake ready. A few hours passed by and Rainbow and Applejack looked at the cake they had almost finished. It was a 3 layer cake that was red, blue, and orange on each level. The Applejack family was in the center of it all with Big Macintosh at the very top. And at the bottom was Rainbow Dash and Applejack smiling. The only thing that was left was the icing. For the icing, Applejack had picked out the red color for Macintosh. She gave one tube of it to Rainbow and they both started to carefully place it on the sides of the cake. They started on the lower portion and worked their way to the top. At the top of the cake, they made the icing say "Happy Birthday Macintosh!".

"Well Rainbow, ya think we did a darn good job? I reckon we sure did" Applejack said proudly.

"Of course it is! I'm sure Macintosh and everypony else will love it!" Rainbow said.

Applejack looked at it, and then looked back at Rainbow.

"Ya know, ah couldn't have done it without your help. Ah really wanna thank you."

Rainbow's face blushed a little, but she quickly hid it and got herself together.

"Ugh, your welcome Applejack. Anytime."

With the cake now finished, Rainbow and Applejack hugged one another and went home to rest. As Rainbow walked out of the farm, she flew up into the sky and landed on one of the clouds. She stretched her legs out and let out a huge yawn. Applejack lied in bed as well. As both ponies were about to fall asleep, they both thought about each other once more.

"See ya tomorrow Rainbow."

"Can't wait for tomorrow, Applejack"

Twilight's alarm clock rang loudly at 7:00AM sharp. Almost instantaneously, she hit the alarm clock and smiled brightly.

"Today is going to be so much fun. I can't wait to meet everypony at Big Macintosh's party. Spike, you can come along to."

Spike and Twilight got their party hats and headed out. Rarity put on a dress and got Macintosh's outfit as she headed out as well. Fluttershy and her animal friends were headed there as well while Pinky joined them. As they made it to Sweet Apple Acres they all saw Rainbow Dash and Applejack already talking to one another.

"Wow, Rainbow Dash, you got here early" Twilight said.

"Yup, ah reckon Rainbow here just got really impatient" Applejack said with a chuckle. "Everypony should be here in a few minutes."

They had games set up for all of the ponies to play. They had apple bucking competitions, target practice, and many other games. Only five minutes later, Rarity and the others showed up. Rarity stood in the middle of the crowd to show off her white dress.

"Isn't it marvelous Twilight?" Rarity asked.

"Yeah, it sure is Rarity" Twilight reassured.

Applejack and Rainbow joined their friends in the circle.

"While we're all here, how about we play a game. And Big Macintosh can join us" Applejack said with a huge smile on her face.

They walked over to one of the targets they were supposed to hit with the apples. They had a launch pad in front of them.

"Alright, Ahm first" Applejack said.

She placed an apple on the pad and pushed down with both of her hooves. The apple flew upwards and landed right next to the target.

"Alright, I'm next" Rainbow Dash said.

She placed an apple on her pad and pushed it with both of her hooves as well. The apple flew and hit the target straight in the middle. Applejack's eyes widened.

"Well alright. That was a mighty fine throw ya got there Rainbow."

"Of course it was" Rainbow said happily. The others tried to make it but had no success.

Applejack laughed and took the team to the social gathering. Everypony was eating cupcakes and talking to one another.

"Hey girls, have some cupcakes. There mighty fine" Applejack said as she took a bite out of one.

Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow, Spike, Rarity, and Pinky grabbed the cupcakes and ate them quickly.

"Ah really hope you like them. Rainbow here helped me make em" Applejack said.

"There very delicious" Twilight said with a smile on her face.

Pinky then started o jump up and down in place.

"Delicious? There super ultra amazingly GREAT!"

Rainbow dash held her arm around Pinky.

"I'm glad you can see our talents. Together, we are the best!"

"Well that's enough showing off. How bout we get Big Macintosh his cake?" Applejack asked.

They all nodded and went inside to get the 3 layer cake. Rainbow, Applejack, and Twilight helped carry out the cake while Pinky Pie danced around them singing the happy birthday song. They brought the cake out and walked towards Macintosh who looked at it with awe.

"Happy birthday Big Macintosh!" They all said cheerfully.

"Ah really hope you like the cake" Applejack said with a curious expression on her face.

"Ayup" Macintosh said with a smile.

Rarity got her Macintosh birthday outfit and handed to him.

"I made you a delightful outfit for you to wear for this special occasion. I really hope you like it."

Macintosh put it on and smiled again.

"Ayup."

Twilight used her magic to cut up the pieces very carefully as she handed them out to everypony that was there. Rainbow Dash walked over to Applejack and smiled.

"Looks like they really liked our cake huh."

Applejack turned and nodded.

"They sure do. We made it perfect. Ah couldn't have done it without your help Rainbow. We should do things together more often."

Rainbow's eyes lit up.

"Yeah...we should."

Rainbows face blushed a bit but she managed to recover. Pinky Pie put 3 pieces of cake on her plate which could barely fit. She jumped up and down hopping from one table to another. Finally she spotted Rainbow and the others and she came hopping to them.

"Isn't this party fun!" she shouted.

As she was making her way to them, she tripped one someponies plate that they had left and her plate spilt all over Rainbow.

"Great going Pinky. Now I gotta get all this stuff off of me" Rainbow said irritated.

"Ah don't worry Rainbow. Here, follow me" Applejack said.

She took Rainbow near the side of the farm and got a hose out and told Rainbow to turn it on. Applejack hosed Rainbow down until she was clean once more.

"There ya go. Ya look good as new" she said with a smile.

She noticed Rainbow's face which was a look of curiosity, but before she could speak Rainbow started to talk.

"Hey Applejack, you remember when you said we should do things more often? Well, that would be great. I want to spend more time with you. I liked helping you with the cake, and being with you at the party, but what if we were to just be alone sometimes?"

Applejack looked at her and then spoke as well.

"Ah reckon we could. And ah know what your talking about. You can just come out and say it. Ah actually feel the same way bout you, but ah was too afraid to ask" she said as her face turned red.

They both smiled as they walked towards one another. With both of their faces red, they leaned in as their eyes slowly closed and their lips touched, kissing for the first time. After a few seconds passed, Applejack's tongue slid in and massaged Rainbow's. They then pulled back as some of their saliva dripped onto the grass beneath them.

"I...love you Applejack" Rainbow said.

"Ah love you to partner" Applejack said with a smile. "Now there's just one question."

Rainbow looked over.

"What question?"

Applejack had a curious yet worried expression on her face.

"What are we gonna tell the others?