• Published 28th Jun 2015
  • 1,561 Views, 42 Comments

Order of The Lotus - DisplacedCommunalAccount



War is a dreadful thing. We're were dragged to this world to save it and we are just going with the flow. But we aren't alone in this mess. Started as strangers we became something more. A family.

  • ...
9
 42
 1,561

The day 23 people vanish

The day 23 people vanish.

ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ

(Geo hikari)

Today was the day! My name is jack trans a black haired twenty year old man with electric blue eyes. But today I was dressed as the volt warframe from the mmo Warframe. It was the basic version. The armor was basically a light blue knight armor with the thighs and arms being brown. The knees were extended by about four inches. The helmet was hard to describe being pretty much looking like a fencing helmet with a solid face front with a crest on top looking like I had a dull sideways fin on my head. On the bottom where my mouth was supposed to be was a brown stubbed horn. Took me a long time to make the helmet as I had to use a special clear plastic I had to tint on one side to look like the 'face' of the warframe. Looped on my arms between the shoulders and elbows were three loops that made it look like I had Tesla coils attached. On my thighs were replicas of the kunai holsters from the warframe game. On my back in a sheath was a replica of the Paris mk 1 sword. Next to it was the Paris bow. I was taking the space ninja thing a bit seriously as one rule about ninja is that their silent. Guns are not silent. Oh right I bet your wondering about where I'm headed with this get up. I'm heading to e3 to Promote the game and as a joke I was bringing something I was working on on the side of my costume.

It was a silver robotic fox with nine tails. Took me three years to build and wire. The hardest was the tails. Had to find a nine point connector to connect the tails to one spot into the body. I gave the fox custom optics where when it's on the optics light up electric blue and can change to either amber or crimson depending on the mood. Amber is to signal that it's in the calm or serious mood while crimson symbolized the predator and hunter in each canine. Problem was that I sucked at programing so for now the fox was just a statue that can move and has no mind. I used light weight material to make it. I tried to make the kitsune as authentic to real foxes shape wise meaning fully jointed and the endo mimicked a fox's skeleton as much as possible. Yeah you can see why it took my three years to make this thing.

Well with that I gathered my things and sighed as I remembered the one thing about the costume I didn't have time to make for it. The greaves for the lower legs and feet. I pretty much had on a brown bodysuit with built in soles covering that part.

When I arrived at the convention center I was pretty much in awe. The place was packed with a gamers paradise. I had a fun time and played some demos of upcoming games though I steered clear of certain games. Then I found a interesting store in the center. The sign was pretty much a tao symbol. The classic yin and yang. Entering I smiled at the place. There was items from various franchises over the walls and isles. Manning the counter was a blonde woman like with her eyes colored white and wore a white dress that made me think of a holy person for some reason. Her entire presence felt innocent and calming. Next to her was a white kitten with a black bow around the neck. The fact the bow part was behind the head showed it was a girl. With her at the counter was a complete opposite of her owner. Black hair with demonic red eyes dressed in a black business suit with a black book in hand he felt like his presence was drowning out all light and made me on edge. Though the similar features made me think these two were siblings and I felt that they fit the sign of the shop to a t. Very much opposites of each other.

"Welcome to the balance twins emporium I'm yin and this is my twin brother yang, how may we help you" said the woman looking at me.

"Do you sell costume pieces? I'm kinda missing a part of my costume" I said motioning to my legs.

"Didn't have enough time?" asked yang raising a eyebrow inwardly making me cringe at his voice reminding me of that one person that always seem to have dark intentions even if he never means to act on them. Creepy as heck.

"Yeah between working on this and the costume I ran out of material to make the greaves of the costume. Just doesn't feel right that the costume is basically not complete. Not many people know about warframe after all" I said placing my robotic kitsune on the counter as I was carrying it in my arms.

"Nice craftsmanship. I can see you worked hard on this little cyber kitsune" said yin looking over the fox.

"Yeah though I'm not a programmer while it is functional I don't know how to code in a ai into it so it can move. I had to use my experience raising female foxes over at the animal shelter near big bear mountain to get the frame right. Guess that makes this a vixen took me three years to get this far" I said making yin whistle in a impressed tone.

"If you want we can see about the CPU for this. We may deal with various franchises but we also deal with electronics and with how much work went into this I want to see it finished. Can you open up the head so I can work on it. My brother can help you with your costume" said yin.

"That would be fine" I said reaching behind the head and flicked a small switch making the panels forming the head unfold revealing the electronics inside.

"This is very impressive that mechanism makes it easy to reassemble the frame once done working" said yin picking up the fox and was surprised how light 'she' was.

"Light weight material? There is some weight from the electronics it's making me think I'm holding a actual fox a couple of years old. You really went the extra mile on authentic detail" said yin.

I followed yang to where the leg and foot wear section was and looking at a picture I had of the full costume the twin pulled out the identical greaves of the warframe.

"Looks like your in luck someone built these about a week back but sold them to us because apparently they didn't fit the costume. The person was dressed as link from hyrule warriors" said yang making me raise a eyebrow. That was a surprise. Taking them we went back to the counter where yin returned with my kitsune back to full assembly.

"I have to admit this is one impressive fox robot I took a look at everything to make sure the CPU wasn't incapatable with the whole build. This was your first build right? You got some talent here" said yin handing me the fox and I noticed that there was some black decals making the fox look more realistic.

"Okay the CPU and the greaves together cost around thirty dollars that is with a 5% discount for such detailed work. It takes a lot to impress my sister here she prides herself on knowing her mechanics and to give you praise like that shows that you made it on a very rare good note with her" said yang tallying up everything.

"Got me there not many are as interested in robotics as me and to see such a impressive first build I just had to give you some major props. You were very through with the detail. I also like the optic system you had. Blue means a docile mood while amber and crimson are different moods. And they can have a wide range of expression. Now why don't you try on the greaves after paying I want to see the full set" said yin.

With a chuckle at the fact I impressed someone I played the amount and slid on the light blue greaves into place and picked up my fox in my arm as if I was cradling it to my chest.

"Nice so what are you going to name the cyber vixen?" Asked yang giving a rare interested look.

"I was thinking moonlight. The frame looks a bit like moonlight when light hits it" I said showing them what I meant.

"Wow the opposite of my little sunshine here" said yin petting her cat.

"I can feel the irony here a canine and feline having similar yet opposite names" said the cat with a purr making me stare.

"Did your cat just talk?" I asked blinking.

"Yes and good luck on your journey" said yang and it was then I realized my body was disintegrating into particles as if I was being transported somewhere else.

"I feel like I'm not going to like where this is headed" I said just before I vanished.

ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ

(Illua)
It has been Two Years since I have dared enter any form of Convention, But I decided that has been enough time. Besides, It was E3! The Games, The Excitement, The Players! The Air was abuzz with the chatter of gamers and developers alike, While the sounds of gunfire and magic were blaring from multiple speakers from the numerous booths.

Let me Introduce myself. My name Is Jayson Averra, Twin Brother to the Missing Seinaru Averra, Gamer, and Craftsman. I stand at Six foot Two Inches, with a broad build for someone my height, With Snow white hair and Blue eyes. You wouldn't be able to tell that though currently with my Costume on. I am Cosplaying as Frost, The Warframe of Ice from the MMO, Warframe. I was wearing a Long, High collar coat, in which the collar attached to the Crab like helmet, concealing every inch of my body. My Black pants hung loosely around my legs, up until the Large and heavy boots. I had spent months and most of my excess funds on this project, ordering the carbon fiber and shaping the helmet and boots in just the right manner, allowing me to slip them on comfortably, and still be able to see out through a one way panel on the front of the helm.

I wandered E3, Rotating through the different presentations, from Fallout to Halo, and hearing the common complaint of 'where's Kingdom Hearts 3 Squeenix?' each time I would move to a different Presentation, I noticed an Inconspicuous Sign. A Tao, plain and simple, hanging over a Door to one of the Store rooms. I passed it once more, looking at it, feeling as If I was drawn to it. What the hell... Might as well see what they have. As I cracked the door Open, I immediately noticed how the store was evenly split between Black and White, with the goods on either side representing the good and Evil of varying franchises, while the more neutral items lined the racks in the Center.


"Welcome to the Balance Twin's Emporium." I turned to look at the counter, and saw a duo of merchants. The one on the White half of the store was a Fair skinned woman with waist length blonde hair, dressed much like a Greek goddess, with... White Eyes? Probably colored contacts.. "I'm Yin," The Female Spoke, her voice Soft and soothing, with a pleasing lilt, " And this is my Twin Brother, Yang. How may we Help you?" Compared to his Sister, Yang was a Tall man, with jet Black hair, his Crimson eyes glittering in the light. He wore a Buisness suit with off white pinstripes, with a Tome the color of midnight in his hands. The Light seemed to be dim around him, despite the lighting being excellent through the rest of the store.

"Just Taking a look around..." I Trailed off, looking along the Neutral racks.

"Eh. Seems like you're Missing a Piece of your Costume." The Male, Yang, Stated. His voice was Gravelly, with a dark overtone, that would set anyone on Edge.

"Honestly, This is the Complete outfit, But I did want to make the Syandana..." I spoke, rubbing my arm slightly as I attempted to dispel the chills Yang gave me. As per the game, I had chosen A Off-white color as the primary color on my Costume, with Deep Blue Highlights, and Made the Miscellaneous areas Black.

Yin giggled softly, Heading towards the White Walls, and sliding a panel back, pulling out a few scarf like objects, with an obvious collar like attachment at one end. "I believe These are what you are referring to?" I stared in wonder from beneath my Flat helmet. I looked over the set of them, Their names coming to mind near instantly. Rakta, Noru, Imperator, Harkonar... Ah! My Uru Syandana! I lifted up the Wide strip of cloth, taking a closer look at the lovingly crafted accesory. It Even matched my costume in color. "What is the Price on this one?"

"Hm... It Matches your outfit Flawlessly... Twenty Dollars." My eyes widened as my Jaw dropped. Only Twenty? The Craftsmanship would make it at least fifty... Thankful for my mask, I pulled out my wallet from beneath the heavy coat, and paid for the Syandana.

Despite being a Man, I nearly Squealed like a little girl in Excitement. I mean, Not only did I have my Prop Weapons, The AkVastos, Tiberon, and The Dakra Blade, I had the final piece that Replicated my In-game Frost. I clipped it on with ease, taking a quick Tug at it, Confirming it was secure.

Yang Finally Spoke again. "Ah, A fitting appearance for A Cold and Dangerous Journey." I nodded, containing my excitement to run out and Enjoy the Expo. "Have a Nice Trip." He Said, Waving.

I looked down as my Fingers and legs begin to dematerialize. I sighed as I looked up at the Twin Merchants. As My Vision turned Black, All I could think of was the Day my Sister disappeared in the same fashion, Two Years Ago.


(Theyellowninja13)

I whistled in surprise at the sight. Standing in front of me was a huge convention. I've finally saved enough money to go to the nearby gamer's convention. I should introduce myself first. My name's Blaise Flint, and I recently moved out on my own to live in the big city. I looked around at all the costumes, amazed at how in depth they were (when I could recognize them). I looked down at myself, noticing that I didn't wear a costume, due to not having enough money.

I sighed, and continued moving, looking through all the stalls. But finally, I found a stall with something that seriously interested me. In the stall there were an assortment of cool items from a game I can kinda remember. Warframe I think it was. The person running this stall had all kinds of things from that game. But what really struck my interest was the boa staff. It was colored red and yellow.

"Ah yes, I see you have noticed the staff." A voice said, and I looked up to notice that merchant running the stall was talking to me. He looked kinda creepy, as if he stepped out of a game himself.

"It is a well made staff." I replied, remembering my training that involves using boa staffs. I'm pretty good with them, as my parents let me get training for them ever since I was a child.

"Yes it is. I designed it after a character from Warframe." 'I wonder which character?'

I reach over and pick it up, slightly testing it out. "How much is this?"

"Ten dollars." He simply stated.

"Deal." I said with a smile. My previous boa staff broke when a friend incorrectly used it by banging it against stuff. So I needed a new staff and this one looked pretty good. I pulled out ten dollars, and gave them to the merchant.

"Then the deal is struck!" He snapped his fingers, and I noticed the world seemed to be slowly getting darker.

"Which character is this staff based on?" I asked, remembering hearing that someone on the news said they bought something from a merchant, and got sent as their character they dressed up as.

"Ember of course." The merchant said with a smile. 'Wait, Ember is a female.'

The world seemed to be getting darker and darker, but I quickly reached forward, and punched the Merchant in the face. Hard. "That's for doing what I think you're doing." Then, everything went dark, before a bright flash of white light almost blinded me.

ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ
(Geo hikari)

My name is Kevin Russo I'm your average twenty five year old man. I'm one of those Hispanic Americans with slightly tanned skin and black hair. My eyes though were a light silver. I work as a mechanic and slight repair guy over in queens. But I'm also a gamer. My games range around my profession. So you can see I'm a fan of things like mass effect, dead space, portal anything related to tech I might have played it. But recently I got into a mmo I stumbled on steam that caught my interest. Warframe. It was like nothing I have ever saw. And right up my ally with the foundry. There was also everything about it that got me excited like I was ten years old again. There was a convention today here in new York that gave me a chance to take a break from my job. It was a convention based around all things sci fi. I forgot what it was called but it must have been similar to the star wars convention or star trek. Either way I was dressed as Vauban my warframe from the game.

It was a mainly blue armor with red as a secondary and there was white edges. My helmet was shaped a bit like the front of a train which was what I honestly thought it looked like from the image I saw. Equipped to my hip was a pistol I modified to resemble the one in the game and on my back was a staff. With it was a Paris mk 2 bow. Fully suited up I headed for the con with my wallet.

I was having a grand old time when I discovered a curious little booth. And on it next to what looked like a star trek com link was a data chip CPU with the image of a lotus on it. Curious I went up and looked at the vendor and noted he looked a lot like Hephaestus from the Percy Jackson books. Asking him how much for the chip he replied five dollars. I shrugged feeling it was fair and paid for it. As I was walking away I felt a bit dizzy before I suddenly started to fall not noticing the chip was softly glowing. I was out before I even hit the ground.
ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ
(Theyellowninja13)

"That's quite a sight." I said to brother as I looked upon the imposing convention. We traveled across the entire country to get to this convention, as it's the most famous convention in the United States of America. My name's Nisha, and I was currently dressed up as my favorite character from the game Warframe, Mesa. My costume is hard to describe, but it's colored a bright yellow, a dull blue, grey, and black. My head looks like it is surrounded by a yellow wrap with a black spot around my right eye. I dressed up as Mesa because of a similarity between us. We're both good at firing guns. My father trained me how to accurately fire most weapons when I was really young, as my mother was killed by a crazy person when me and my older brother were really young.

My brother, Chuck, was with me, dressed up as his favorite Warframe, Rhino. He looked the part, as he was rather huge and bulky. His costume was mostly orange with some black mixed in. "Yes it is." He said simply, replying to my earlier comment.

"Think we'll find anything cool?" I asked Chuck.

"Most likely." And with that, we were off, looking at all the amazing costumes, and the stalls too.

Eventually, we found a stall that had something we both wanted, some weapons for our Warframes. I wasn't allowed to bring weapons with me, so I decided to buy the pair of fake pistols this merchant had. I didn't get a good look at what Rhino wanted to buy, as the stall's merchant came up to us. "I see you noticed these pistols. They're the same kind the Warframe your costume uses."

"How much?" I asked, completely forgetting about everything else, even my brother, as I was so focused on getting the guns.

"Twenty dollars for both." He simply stated.

I quickly grabbed my wallet from a secret pocket on my suit, and pulled out twenty dollars and gave it to him. "Deal." He handed me the two guns, as they were on the wall behind him, and I quickly tested them out as if they were real guns. "Wow, these are pretty realistic!"

"Yes they are. I hope you two enjoy! Oh, and do be careful, the first trip is always a doozy." 'What?' I asked myself, as I felt myself fall backwards, and I yelled, as everything turned white. I could vaguely hear my brother yell as well.
ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ
(Dundredo)

I was in the Salt lake Comic Con. I had gone a few times before this, but the size of it always surprised me. Something that I was especially exited about this year was that I was cosplaying. I had never done this before, and I had put a lot of time, effort, and money into my costume. I was dressed as the Warframe Saryn. She was my favorite Warframe because of her organic nature. I was just drawn to things like that, like iron filings to a magnet. The only thing I was disappointed about was my lack of a weapon. In Warframe I always played with just a melee weapon, but my attempt at making a replica of Mire was still in progress.

I spotted a booth with a Ying-Yang symbol. I walked over to it, and was stunned by the merchandise. All of it was quality work. But what caught my attention the most was the meticulously crafted replica of Mire laying on the counter next to other swords. I rushed over to the counter.

"How much for that sword?" I blurted out. I had kept my eyes on Mire up until a unsettling voice spoke.

"Normally, several hundred dollars. But since it would be a shame if your costume went uncompleted, two hundred. I looked up to see a man with demonic looking red eyes looking at me in a calculating way. He had raven black hair, but it seemed almost darker than that. He also wore a business suit that seemed like it was absorbing the light around it. I was glad for the mask on my costume, as I could pretend to be returning his stare. In actuality, I was almost gibbering. Then a woman that was the polar opposite of him stepped toward him.

"Honestly Yang." She said. "Don't do that." She then turned toward me, and gave me a smile that made me feel like I was loved by the universe. "Sorry about that. My name is Ying. What's yours?"

"Aisha." I said. She nodded.

"Well, you can have the sword for fifty bucks. Just to say sorry for my brothers attitude." I whipped out my wallet, and handed her a fifty.

"Thank you so much!" I said as I picked Mire up.

"My pleasure." She said, patting me lovingly on the arm. "And have a nice trip. I would love to talk to you again someday." I nodded, smiling behind my mask.

"I would like to ta- wait, what trip?" I asked. I looked down just as a shock wave of particles disintegrated me. I only had time to feel slightly hurt by this betrayal before I blacked out.
ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ
(Forgedheart)

As I got off the bus I threw up my hands and shouted “HELLO E3!!” some people look at me like I was crazy, others were just as excited as I was. My name is Kiyoshi Takenaka (but my friends call me Yoshi or Yosh) I’m a 20 year old half-Japanese guy from Washington (the state not the city.) and this is my first year at E3 and I was pumped, so pumped that I dressed up as a modified version of Banshee (technically banshee’s a girl but I don’t care) from one of my favorite MMO’s Warframe, The main color was black,the secondary color a dark purple, and the cloth parts covering my legs and some of the armor was a light lavender also as opposed to the standard helmet (which looks really stupid) I wore the Chorus version (it kinda looks like there’s a lyre on my head.)

I entered the convention center and it was as awesome as I thought it would be there were demos, panels, and shops every where I didn’t know where to start! that is until I noticed A door with a Yin-Yang symbol above it, curious I entered and found the shop was filled with various merch from many different games, at the counter was a dark-haired man with red eyes dressed in a black suit. He looked at me like I was covered in trash.

“get out we’re closed.” he said with disdain. I didn't appreciate the tone but I was adamant on buying something.

“then why was your door open pal?” I retorted sarcastically.

“doesn’t matter just get out!” he spat back. “I’m done for today.”

I was about to respond when I heard a voice from the back yell out “YANG! Don’t pester the customers!” A door near the back opened up and a girl in a white dress with blonde hair and...White eyes? They must really like those contacts if they’re wearing them when the shop is closed. she gave the man ,who I assume is Yang, a stern look then turned to me and smiled brightly.

“Welcome to the balance twins emporium I’m Yin and this grump is my twin brother Yang, How may I help you?” I turned towards Yang. “just wanted to buy something.” he turned away “hmph whatever.” she giggled a bit “don’t mind him have a look around.” I nodded

Almost immediately I saw it a perfect Nikana Replica (A katana in the game) and picked it up, and pulled the sword from its sheath It weighs as much as the ones my dad has at home. My dad’s from japan and growing he taught me kendo and I practiced often but lacked a real blade..until now that is. the blade gleamed in the light.

“how much for this?” I asked hoping I could afford it. Yin smiled and walked over “well nomally it’s about 400 dollars, but if you buy this Attica crossbow and these Hikou Throwing stars all together it’s only 325 dollars. I pulled out my wallet “deal.” I handed her the money and started putting on my new gear. I thanked her and as I turned to leave she said "your welcome, Good luck on your Journey and sorry about this.” I stopped “sorry about wha-” I was cut-off as I fell to the ground and blacked out.
ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ
(Solarkness ; Limbo ; The Employer)
I was always interested in games where you had to kill others, from Assasin's Creed to Call of Duty, I played it all.

"You came late to the job again? Please tell me you're going to change that... they might fire you!"

So it came as no surprise, that I immediately jumped at the chance to play yet another game:

"Warframe! You gotta play it with me some time! You know how I never liked shooters? Well, this one's special!"

Seeing how I am the good friend I am, I played with him often.

"Com'on! Your mom always told you you shouldn't be that late to the job! You can't leave me hanging just because you didn't listen to her, can you?"

I should have worked harder to get a new job after I lost my last one. I never liked being a windowcleaner anyways...

I remember that day...

------

It was a rainy day, clouds were hiding the whole sky. But I didn't care, I didn't care it was unlikely a firma in the upper half of the city would want me. I was happy... happy to have found work again, so I could earn my living again.

'Ecleston Street 24... Here it is', I thought to myself, looking upwards. I didn't know why there was a skyscraper next to the normal houses, and I didn't care. I didn't care... yeah, that was it. Not that I wished for something extraordinaire to happen...

As I entered the building, I realised how quiet, and empty it was. 'Where is the other personnel?', I wondered quietly. I didn't have time to ponder on that, I had a job interview ahead. I walked, feeling like an intruder with every step echoing.

As I reached the elevator, I was sweating everywhere, that just wasn't normal. I waited for the elevator to bring me to my destination, all while calming myself again.

I almost would have turned around back then... I should have.

"So, you are interested in my job-offer?", my employer asked.

"Yes, sir... I am", I replied, sweating nervously while sitting down on the chair, in front of the table. My employer was already sitting, as I looked around I couldn't help but feel dread...

The room was completely white. There were no windows, a lamp hanging from the ceiling being the only thing illuminating said room. There was nothing in here, no decorations, no wallpaper... Only the clean glasstable, and two oakwood chairs.

After I finished observing my surroundings, I redirected my attention to my potential employer.

He was tall, like, two meter tall. His face seemed pretty decent, his hair was slicked b(l)ack...

His eyes, they were my one of the greater signs something was wrong with him. Those cold, grey eyes... they seemed to stare right through me.

He wore an obviously, well tailored suit. It seemed like I really could have been being hired by a famous, huge company...

"Have you stared enough? Then we could maybe get started with our interview.", he told me, his eyes never leaving my face.

"YESSIR!", I quickly said, almost shouted.

He smiled, before speaking up again: "Well then, let's start with the important questions. What do you know about paralell matter-dimensions?"

My face turned dumbfounded, I couldn't understand. What kind of question is that? But my money-income was on the line, so I quickly regained my composure: "Well, unfortunately I don't know much about them. I know what paralell dimensions are, dimensions which are closely resembling ours, with only a few differences. Like Hitler won the second World War, or something like that."

"That is truly interesting. The next question is, did you ever wear any armour?"

What kind of job did he want to give me? Probably wants to find out if I am too smart or too strong and stuff like that...

"No, I never did.", I replied unsure.

"Hm... What did I expect? What is your favourite genre of games?"

"Well, shooters, assasinlike games... wherever I can kill stuff."

"That's good. I have got a job-offer for you", he told me, "You see, you would have to..."

"I ACCEPT!", I shouted, "I mean, I gladly accept." This somehow only brings him to smile, before telling me: "That is good. Have fun where you land..."

I remember suddenly feeling inexplainable sick, puking over the table... and everything dissolving around me.



__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(Joshleb1098)

Have you ever wanted some kind of really cool power? Something only you could do? Well I got it, just not in the way I imagined. There was no special test by the military, no super drug or radioactive spiders. It all started with a merchant, and a convention.

It all started when me and my friends Zach, Alexis, and Kyle were planning to go to Comic-Con one year. We all agreed that we'd go together and we'd all dress up as our favorite video game character. At this time I was really into this game called Warframe. For anyone who doesn't know what the game is, it's space ninjas, that's all you need to know. Anyway my favorite Warframe in the game was the Hydroid. Complete control over water and multiple ways to make it deadly. I loved playing as him, which is why I used a bunch of my own money and some I got a loan on, to make my very own Hydroid suit. It took me about a month and a half, and more then just a few favors that a few people owed me to make it. It was glorious, completely perfect! Except for one thing, I didn't have gloves. I ran out of material, and I was already low on money. I decided to suck it up and hope that an opportunity would show up. Well, it did....in a way.

So, it's the day of the Con, around 6:00 AM and me and my friends all piled into Zach's car. Anyone who looked in would of been very confused by the sight. In the back seat was me in my Hydroid suit, trying not to hit my head off the ceiling with every bump on the road. Sitting next to me was Kyle, dressed as Chris 'Punching Boulder's Redfield from Resident Evil Five. In the passenger seat was Alexis, dressed as Alice from Alice: Madness Returns, the scary part is that she had every single dress Alice had in the game. What's even creepier was that she could act adorable while in a blood covered dress. Finally, driving the car was my friend Zach, who was dressed as everyone's favorite orange eating pirate Gangplank from League of Legends.

After about eight hours of driving, and a headache which may or may not of been caused by Zach picking the bumpiest roads he could find, we arrived. We quickly bought a hotel room and dropped our things off, and let Alexis change her dress before we walked to the actual Con itself. We walked in together and were instantly sucked into a massive crowd of people and we got separated, luckily we had planned out beforehand that if we got separated we would meet back by the main entrance by 3:00 PM, so I wasn't worried. I was wandering around, too excited to really notice where I was going. It was only until that I heard someone clear their throat that I turned around. What greeted me was a guy dressed as the Merchant from Resident Evil 4.

"Hehehe, Good afternoon stranger, looking for something to buy?" he asked, and I swear to god he sounded exactly like the Merchant.

"Depends on what your selling, I don't think Leon would be too happy if i accidentally bought his new weapon." I replied as i crossed my arms, which only caused the Merchant to laugh.

"Ha! I'd be rich if he were here, however I'm not selling weapons, it's illegal you see. No what i got here are things of all shapes and sizes, though I think I got something you'll greatly enjoy." He then opened his trench coat and revealed that instead of having a small army's worth of weapons inside his coat, he had everything you could ever ask for, and more. However what caught my eyes were the Hydroid gloves resting smack in the middle of his coat.

"Are those...?" I ask as i point towards the gloves, which he laughs and replies with a nod. "How much?" I reach into the 'ammo' pouch at my leg and pull out my wallet.

He scratches his chin in thought for a moment before holding out his hand, "Twenty bucks sound good?" In a flash a twenty dollar bill was in his hand and I putting the gloves on. They felt...weird, like they weren't made out of any material i ever felt before. My whole body suddenly felt very wet and my vision started to blur. The last thing I saw before blacking out was the Merchant waving at me, then darkness took me.

ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ
(FrostTheWolf)

So, here I was. E3. The Freaking mother of all video game conventions. Honestly, how I got here in the first place was because I was a lucky winner in a charity drawing at a potluck on Easter earlier this year, but I was glad to be here. Oh and before I continue, my name is Varen by the way. Varen Luko. Your typical eighteen year old who just graduated out of high school a few weeks before. E3 was my way of celebrating my achievements, unlike my friends who decided to hold a Bonfire at the beach.

In addition to going to E3, I was all dressed up for E3. You see, I like doing different costumes and making certain props for them and today was no exception. I spent almost a few months working on this project based off of Oberon from the online third person action game; Warframe. I personally liked him because it reminded me of the good old days where I watched my father play a Draenei Paladin on World of Warcraft and use light based spells to smite villains and Horde alike. Oberon was basically the Paladin of Warframe and was represented in his abilities.

Besides my suit, I had a few other items on me. A pair of Dual Cestra’s that I did off of some Nerf Dart Blasters with a upgraded Paintjob and lighting were holstered on my sides and I had two swords that replicated the blades known as “Dex Dakra”, an exclusive set of weapons that were given out during the week that Warframe celebrated its two year anniversary. My main weapon, which I was mostly holding for the hell of it, was Latron. It was a burst rifle in game and it had a good feel to one of the weapons I liked when playing Destiny.

Anyhow, things were going quite alright until I came across some kind of merchant booth, where I was greeted by a pair of twins. “Hello, stranger! Welcome to the balance twins emporium!! I’m Yin and this is Yang, my twin brother. How can we help you?”

“Well…” I said, thinking a little before speaking again. “I was wondering if you two have anything on Warframe. Sometimes, the Warframes in game have alternative pieces of armor; so do you have anything for Oberon?”

The two twins looked at each other for a moment before Yin was looking back at me and Yang went behind the booth. “I believe we might have something back in stock. Yang is checking right now, but I believe we might have something for you in the meantime.”

“Hold on, we?”

“My little ‘assistant’ and I,” Yin said as a cat perched itself up on the counter. “Besides, we might be waiting a little while before Yang comes back. Like five minutes at most.” Five minutes later, Yang comes back; whispering to his brother for a moment before they speak again.

“It seems like we do have something, but we’ll need you to come to the back room with us. But first… Are you interested in a Immortal Skin for your Frame?”

“Oh… how much are you offering for it?” I ask them.

“It’s a simple add on, so 15 dollars should be sufficient.” Yin says.

“Sounds too good to be true. I’ll take it.” I told them, handing a ten and a five that I kept in the “ammo” clip of my Latron as I went into the back room. The two of them helped me apply the skin on like it was a sticker for a car. But as they were beginning to finish up, I was beginning to feel dizzy. The last thing I remembered before passing out was hearing Yin tell me something.

“You will be a perfect guiding light for the journey ahead. May the light be with you, Tenno.”

(Geo Hikari)

People all over the world stared at the TV screens as a international emergency broadcast was started. The news caster cleared her throat and looked to the camera visibly shaken up.

"This just in a repeat of two years ago where a young woman had vanished during a convention happened not three hours ago. Only this time it's on a larger scale. All around the world during different conventions a total of twenty three people have vanished. Amount them was the elder brother of the victim two years ago and the daughter of ambassador honodai from japan. A investigation has been launched to determine how this is possible and if the victims can ever be found. There is a lead right now that connects all twenty three missing people. They were all seen wearing costumes from the computer or video game Warframe. Police in each area has ruled in that it might be possible that someone was trying to recreate the game in real life and kidnapped the ones with accurate suits of the protagonists. As the investigation continues more details will be shown if they can be found. Here is a list and profile of the missing people. If anyone has any information of the missing people call this number as soon as possible"

For the sake of the other countries there were subtitles in their native language so they can understand the report.

Next to the profiles of the missing people was a image of their costumes. Next to the ambassador's daughter was a pic of the mag warframe.

For a long time after that report any other convention was closed down until it was deemed safe to prevent a repeat. In the emporium yin shared a look with her twin.

"Looks like discord asked more then us for help I bet he asked the others for this. But for all twenty three warframes? That must be some crisis" said yin.

"Their section of my tome is definitely big" agreed yang.

Yang's tome known as the tome of displacement is able to record the stories of the people it's owner displaces and with this they can keep tabs on their displaced.

Sunshine hopped into Yin's shoulder.

"I hope that they can handle the journey from what discord explained it was severe enough to warrant this nya" said sunshine.

"I'm confident they can especially with the modifications I made to moonlight! When she unlocks it I'm sure she will be a great help there" said yin before losing herself to thinking up more robotic designs making sunshine and yang sigh. Why did Hephaestus have to teach her mechanics as a hobby and skuld didn't help there.

(End chapter)

Author's Note:

This chapter isn't really finished there's at least two sections missing from this but when they do get up this author's note will change. - geo hikari.