• Published 1st Jun 2015
  • 549 Views, 1 Comments

The great tree - Thestoryteller



Fluttershys visit to Whitetail forest

  • ...
2
 1
 549

Chapter three The Tree Whisperer

The great tree is the first tree to ever exist. It was planted by Nature to be a symbol of her vision. Words from the First book.


"I...I'm a Arbor susurro?" Fluttershy said.

"A tree whisper, and yes. You are the first ever pony to be an Arbor susurro." The orange deer said.

"Okay time out, some of us don't know what an 'Arbor-what's it's name." Nightwing said.

"Ah, forgive us mister. You see in ancient times the deer and ponies had risen from the dirt. Then, the one named 'Arbor susurro' came and gave us the gift of nature. Since then the Arbor susurro has always been a sacred being in all of history."

"What exactly can the Arbor susurro do?"

"The Arbor susurro can communicate with all forms of life, such as animals, plants, even trees."

"So the Arbor susurro can talk to all forms of living beings, that's neat."

"But that's not all, the Arbor susurro is the one who will become the leader of us."

"A-as in a queen?" Fluttershy stammered.

"Well...yes something like that." The orange deer replied.

Fluttershy then held her hoof to her head and fainted. But Thorn rushed quickly to her side and supported her up.

"I know that this is a lot to take in. But we cannot question Natures way, for her way is one that cannot be judged." The orange deer said.

"Ms. Fluttershy wherever you lead we shall follow." Winterwood said.

"We are all gracious to follow you, oh Tree whisperer." The four deer said in unison as the bowed to Fluttershy. Thorn and the guard then did the same. They all looked at Nightwing who was standing. Thorn then mouthed the words 'why Arn't you bowing'?

"I'm not apart of your religion, I don't have to bow." Nightwing said.

"I-I-I-" Fluttershy stammered.

"Miss, I know this is hard to take in. But nature would not have chosen you unless she had a reason." The brown deer said.

"I-I-I... I need a minute!" Fluttershy shouted as she ran out the door.

"Great Tree whisperer, wait!" The red deer was about to go after her but was held back by Nightwing.

"Let Thorn and I talk to Fluttershy, she needs some friend time." Nightwing said.

"Very well if you insist." The red deer said.

Thorn ran off after Fluttershy Nightwing was about to do the same but stopped at the doorway and looked back at the five deer.

"Before I go, what are your names. You didn't exactly introduce yourselves." Nightwing said.

"My name is Winterwood." The white deer said.

"My name is Fallwood." The red deer said.

"My name is Springwood." The brown deer said.

"And my name is Summerwood." The orange deer said.

"Names Nightwing student of Princess Luna, pleasure to meet you all."

"Nightwing, come on!" Thorn shouted down the hall.

"Oops, you heard the deer I gotta go. Bye." Nightwing said as he rushed out the door.


Fluttershy kept running and running, it felt like her whole world just shattered into pieces only to reveal the core inside of it. Soon though Fluttershy began to run slower and slower. Slowly running out of energy.

Until she finally collapsed onto the dirt road and began to cry.

'What am I gonna do?' She thought in her mind. 'Im not fit to rule, not like Twilight is, how am I gonna rule a kingdom?'

Endless tears kept falling down Fluttershys face as she thought of all the horrible things that could happen to her.

"Cease your crying little girl." A voice said.

Fluttershy lifted her head up to see that her God, Nature, was standing in front of her.

"Nature?" Fluttershy asked in a tearful voice as she got up.

"Shhhhh...it is okay my dear follower, I understand what you must be going through." Nature said.

"Y-y-you do?"

"Yes, you see I wasn't always a God. I was chosen to be become one." Nature said as she began to remember her past. "It's pretty scary isn't it? One minute your a simple creature minding your own business in your simple life, next thing you know your chosen to make a huge difference in the world."

"B-but what if I'm not ready to lead a kingdom? What if I'm not ready to lead an entire species? What if-"

"Fluttershy, if you were not ready I wouldn't have chosen you."

"But-but what if-"

"But nothing, you will do fine. You just need a little courage."

"But-"

"Fluttershy do you have faith in me?" Nature asked

"What?" Fluttershy asked confused

"Do you have faith in me?" Nature repeated.

"Of course I do, I will always have faith in you. Your our God, we will always have faith in you."

"Good. Then you must trust me on this."

"I...I'm still scared though."

"That's good." Nature said as she put her hooves on Fluttershys shoulders.

"It is?"

"It is. Because with fear comes courage, you cannot have courage until you have faced fear. And to face your fear you must first have one."

"..."

"Fluttershy you will be the greatest Arbor susurro the world has ever seen. I know it."

Nature then noticed she was holding the green gem Nature gave her.

"I-I'm sorry I forgot to give it to Thorn." Fluttershy said to her God.

"It's alright, take your time. Now go, their all looking for you."

"I will not let you down Nature." Fluttershy said confidently as she ran off leaving Nature by herself.

"I know your there." Nature said.

Almost alone.

"Come now my dear I can observe can't I?" A voice asked.

Out of nowhere a familiar pony was beside Nature.

"What do you want Messenger?" Nature asked.

"I came to see how you were doing, to make sure my Masters plan goes well." Messenger said.

"I don't like this plan that Storyteller has, it doesn't feel right."

"Tsk-tsk. Oh dear Aranyani you seem to forget what it's like to experience Chaos and death."

"It's not...well alright maybe it is that, it just doesn't feel...right."

"My dear, you know that you don't have a choice. Or do you wish to defy Storyteller? The being who sculpted Cosmos and Galaxia?"

"But he sculpted them to ensure peace and harmony on the world."

"And then he realized that it is impossible to obtain peace that way. The only way to peace is through many ways. But harmony isn't one of them."

"So that's Storytellers plan? Peace? He wishes to obtain peace through Chaos and death?"

"Something like that dear cousin."

"Just because you were sculpted by Storyteller and I was sculpted by Galaxia doesn't make us cousins." Nature growled.

"Are you sure, because I believe it does." Messenger said. "Well it's been fun chatting with you, but I must get back to watching the Story." Messenger said as he disappeared. Then suddenly reappeared in front of Nature.

"Oh, before I go I must ask." Messenger said as he flew up to eye level with Nature. "Did Thorn receive the Element of Chaos?"

"Not yet, but Fluttershy will deliver it to him. I know it." Nature replied.

"If you say so." Messenger shrugged and disappeared.


"We've searched all over Whitetail city and can't find Fluttershy anywhere." Nightwing said to Thorn.

"I'll inform the guard to join in the search for her." Thorn said.

"Don't bother." Nightwing said.

"What? Why?"

"She's right there." Nightwing pointed to Fluttershy, who was a couple of feet away from them with her back facing them.

"Fluttershy!" Thorn yelled and ran towards her with Nightwing following him.

"Thorn?" Fluttershy asked as she turned around to see Thorn and Nightwing rushing towards her. "Oh it is you Thorn."

"Fluttershy, where were you we've been looking all over the city trying to find you." Thorn said with worry in her voice.

"Really?" Fluttershy said dreamy. Then realized what came out of her mouth and quickly corrected herself. "I mean...really?"

"Yes really, however on the plus side I can cancel my afternoon jog." Nightwing said.

"I'm sorry I made you all run around the city trying to find me, I shouldn't have ran off." Fluttershy said apologetically.

"There's nothing to be sorry for." Thorn assured her.

"What?" Both Fluttershy and Nightwing asked at the same time.

"You were put in a difficult position. Anyone, pony or deer, would have done the same thing if they were in your shoes."

"Th-thanks Thorn." Fluttershy said, a light blush began to form on her cheeks.

"But if you don't want to be Arbor susurro then you tell the Council that, they will understand."

"But that's just it, I do want to do this."

"You do?!" Nightwing said in shock.

"Are you sure?" Thorn asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. Let's go to the council and tell them I've made my decision."

"Alright if you say so." Thorn said.

The three began to walk towards the Great tree.

"Thorn there's something I want to give you." Fluttershy said.

"Yeah? What's that?" Thorn asked.

"This." Fluttershy said as she revealed the Gem. Nightwing recognized it immediately.

"Where did you get that?" Nightwing asked.

"Would you believe me if I told you I got it from Nature?" Fluttershy asked.

"Uhhh...I guess?"

"Thank you Fluttershy." Thorn said as he took the gem. "I'll always hold onto it."

Thorn held it up to examine the gem. It then began go vibrate in his hoof and then became attached Thorns armor chest plate.

"What the?" Thorn said puzzled. He tried to pull the gem off his chest plate but it wouldn't budge.

"Well you definitely won't loose it now." Nightwing said causing the three to give off a light chuckle.

Some time later.

Nightwing, Thorn, and Fluttershy were all outside the door to the council's room.

"Are you sure you want to do this Fluttershy?" Nightwing asked. "Because once you do this...there's no going back."

*sigh*"I know. But like I said before Nightwing, I've made up my mind." Fluttershy said.

"Then I will not hold you for your actions." Nightwing said.

"Neither will I." Thorn said.

"Thank you both. Thank you for staying by my side." Fluttershy said as tears began to swell in her eyes. She then felt a hoof on her shoulder. She turned around to see that the hoof belonged to Thorn.

"We'll always be beside you, because your our friend." Thorn said.

With that Fluttershy looked back at the door and exhaled her held breath as she opened the door. Inside was a room with windows that were perfectly aligned on the sides. At the end of the room were two large thrones on top of a small staircase. One was made of flowers of all kinds on the back and legs of the chair, and the throne had rose red cousins on the front of the chair and the seat. Next to the flower throne was a throne with leaves instead of flowers, as well as red cousins like the flower throne.

At the bottom of the staircase was Winterwood, Springwood, Summerwood, and Fallwood.

"Hello again Ms.Fluttershy, how may we help you?" Winterwood asked.

"First, I would really appreciate it if you called me Fluttershy, nothing more nothing less...if you don't mind?" Fluttershy asked.

"Of course not Ms-I mean Fluttershy." Summerwood said.

"Thank you, and second. I have decided that I will accept my place as Arbor susurro, the Tree whisperer."

"Splendid. Now we must begin the ceremony." Springwood said.

The deer asked Fluttershy to step forward towards them, the deer then made a small circle around her and then began to speak.

"Fluttershy, do you accept the responsibility of being Arbor susurro?" Summerwood asked.

"Yes." Fluttershy answered.

"To be our shield and protect all living things, even if it means endangering your own life?" Fallwood asked.

"Yes." Fluttershy answered.

"To serve as a light of hope when the becomes enclosed in darkness?" Winterwood asked.

"Yes." Fluttershy answered.

"To be our leader and guide us to our fates?" Springwood asked.

"Yes." Fluttershy answered.

"Speak of who you are Fluttershy, say the words that define your place!" All four deer shouted at once.

"I am the spade wielded by Nature, I am a tool used to shape the world in natures image, And I am the one who will protect all things living." Fluttershy said as her eyes began to glow white and her wings began to hover her in the air. "I am Fluttershy, The Tree Whisperer!"

Author's Note:

You know it would be nice if I could some feedback from you viewers. Anyways it's time for a history lesson. Back durning the time when nothing existed Storyteller created six beings of ultimate power. Of those six two of them were known as Galaxia and Cosmos. Storyteller sent Galaxia and Cosmos to Earth/Terra to bring the world to peace. So Galaxia and Cosmos went to Earth/Terra and met Discord the God of chaos. However they could not defeat him, so the seperated him into seven parts of elements, but left all the fun and goofy chaos inside of him, millennium after millennium passed and Cosmos and Galaxia were getting old. So they sculpted children of their own to ensure peace and harmony on Earth/Terra. The End.