• Published 16th May 2015
  • 548 Views, 11 Comments

Canterlot High - Sailor_Pluto



Sweetie Belle was sent to Canterlot High to live a normal life. But, a few days after she arrives, she realizes that her life is now anything but normal.

  • ...
1
 11
 548

Dec 19, 2014

Thursday, December 19, 2014

Today, when I wake up, Apple Bloom is hovering in front of my face.

“GAAAAAHHHH!!!” I scream, rolling out of bed and onto the floor.

“Oh, ah’m sorry Sweets. Ah didn’t mean ta scare ya.”

She helps me up. “It’s all right.” I say. “Just… just try not to do that again, please.

She nods. “Okay.”

We both leave my room and our met in the hallway by Twist.

“Ooh! What were you two doing in there?”

Apple Bloom facepalms. “Twist… fer the last time ah’m not lesbo.”

Twist giggled. “Okay. Whatether you thay.”

We continue walking down the hall. “What was that all about?” I ask.

Apple Bloom rolls her eyes. “Because me an’ Scootaloo are always seen comin’ out of our room together, Twist started a rumor that we were dating. But we’re not. In fact, Scootaloo has a boyfriend. His name’s Rumble. Cute guy.”

I sigh. “I used to have a boyfriend. We first met at the park. Well, that’s when my parents let me go to the park. He said he went to Trottingham Academy, which is where I would have gone if my parents let me go to school.”

Apple Bloom gives me a face of utter horror. “Yer parents kept ya outta school? Why?”

I shrug. “They didn’t want to pay the fees. They thought it was stupid. They hate me. Who knows.”

I rub my pocket, where I feel the old sock.

Apple Bloom notices. “Whatcha got in there?”

“Oh,” I say hesitantly. “Nothing.”

She frowns. “Well… all right.”

December 19, 2014/ School

It’s my first day of school. Ever. You can imagine how nervous I am.

The first class I have is Home Ec, taught by someone named “Mrs. Crust”.

And when she walks in, I gasp and cover my face. This “Mrs. Crust” is the woman from the train station.

“Now class!” she says happily, clapping her hands together. “We have a new student today! Go on, stand up!”

I stand and look directly at her face.

She lets out a little scream. “YOU!!!”

“Yeah,” I say, nodding calmly. “Me.”

Now, there’s this huge vein on her forehead that starts throbbing, giving the appearance that it’s about to burst.

“You think that you can come in my classroom? You’re wrong. Everyone in this classroom… in this SCHOOL, know that they can’t touch me.”

I scowl. “Whatever. I was lost. It’s not my fault if you were being a bi-”

“OUT!!!” she shrieks. “GET OUT!!!”

I waste no time grabbing my books and walking out the door. I spend the rest of the day hiding in the bathroom, tears slowly dripping down my face.

When the final bell rings, I make sure no one is in the bathroom with me, then I wash my face and leave.

“Hey, you!” someone calls from behind.

I turn. A boy, about my age, is rushing towards me. He has light brownish skin, ginger hair, a cream and red colored hoodie, jeans, and a propeller beanie loosely placed on his head. There’s an open Joy Boy in his right hand. I think I see a paused game of Super Mare-io Brothers on the screen.

“Hi there!” he says. “I just wanted to say that I think you’re cool.”

This takes me by surprise. “Um… what?” I say.

He sighs. “I knew this would happen. I’m Button Mash. I sit…sat…next to you in Mrs Crust’s class. No one says it, but she’s the worst teacher in the entire school and everyone hates her. You’re the first person to really make that clear.” A faint blush plays on his cheeks. “I...I really admire you for that.” He sticks out his free hand. “I’m Button Mash.”

I smile. “Well, great! Nice to meet you, Button Mash! I’m Sweetie Belle!”

December 19, 2014/ After School

Button walks me home. I really like him. He’s like, the first person to ever be nice to me. Except Scootaloo and Apple Bloom.

“So,” Button says. “Would you like to eat lunch with me tomorrow?”

I freeze. Did he just ask me out? Who cares. He’s cute, I like him….

“Sure. I’d love to.”

He smiles warily. “You’re joking, right?” he asks. “You have to be joking.”

I feel more tears coming to my eyes, but I force them back. “What do you mean?”

He exhales loudly, his breath shaky. “No one has ever sat with me before…so, I just sit in the bathroom and eat my lunch while playing video games.”

I frown. “Then… why did you just ask me?”

His cheeks turn a violent shade of red. “It was kind of a panic move.”

I laugh a little. “Great…”

He smiles, the redness of his cheeks going down a bit. “Great! See you tomorrow!”

He turns and walks away, but faces me one last time and waves. I wave back.

When I walk into the dorm, I’m greeted by Scootaloo.

“Hey,” she says. “I saw you talking with Button Mash.”

I sorta gasp and sorta choke at the same time. “Were you…stalking me?”

She explodes with laughter. “No, no. But I periodically look out the windows, and I saw out there with Button…but, I gotta warn you…”

I frown. “Warn me about what?”

She holds her head in her hands. “Oh, nothing… it’s just that he dates any girl who’ll give him the time. He dated Twist, Diamond Tiara after that, this one girl named Liza Doolots after that…” she paused, as if thinking. “Oh yeah, and pretty much shattered Apple Bloom’s heart into about a trillion pieces. Took her about two years to fully get over him.”

I laugh. “I’m sorry, Scootaloo, but I just don’t believe that. He seems so nice. Like he wouldn’t hurt a fly.”

Scootaloo shakes her head and looks down at the ground. “That’s how he ropes them in.”

She looks up and smiles, as if she wasn’t just dissing my first crush moments before. “Come on! Principal Celestia offered to take us all out to dinner! Just because you’re new here. Then she’ll go back to ignoring us.”

December 19, 2014/ Dinner

Celestia takes us all to a place called Isola, which I hear is the best taco place in all of Canterlot.

While I’m finding a table, I catch sight of a familiar purple haired girl.

“RARITY!!!” I shriek at the top of my lungs.

She turns. “Oh…Sweetie Belle…hello….”

I rush over. “Aren’t you happy to see me?”

She rubs the back of her neck. “Um….yes…? Yes, darling, I am happy to see you….”

She looks at her blank wrist. “Well, look at the time! I’d best be running along now! By Sweetie!” she runs out the door.

I feel tears coming for the third time today. Why was she acting like that?

“Yo! Tacoth coming through!” Twist calls from behind me.

“Sorry.” I say before moving out of the way.

We all sit in a cramped little booth.

“So,” Celestia says as she bites into a fish taco. “How’ve you all been?”

Tiara picks a stringy bit out of her taco. “Could’ve been better. Some weirdo tried to steal my tiara. Nothing too big.”

Celestia cringes. “Do you know who it was?”

Tiara shakes her head. “No. If I did, I would have broken his face.”

For some reason, Twist laughs so hard that she not only spills tons of crap from her fully loaded taco everywhere, but she also starts to choke. Next thing we all know, Celestia is giving her the Heimlich Maneuver in the middle of the restaurant.

Scootaloo smacks her head on the table and laughs wheezily. “Just a normal day for the northeast dorm!”

Celestia groans as she sits back down. “Scootaloo...we have a new student here…maybe you could try to-”

“It’s okay,” I interrupt. “I’m used to it already.”

Celestia nods. “Well good. Great. I’m glad.”

Apple Bloom takes a bite of her apple salad. “So, Sweets. I saw that ya were talking outside with Button. Y’know he’s a major heartbreaker, right?”

I facepalm. “God. How many of you were secretly watching me?”

Everyone looks around the table nervously.

“All of you? Really?”

“Thorry.” Twist says. “We couldn’t help it.”

“Quiet, chokey.” I snap, which shuts her right up.

Before I can say anything else, Celestia claps her hands together.

“Well,” she says. “I think we should get going now.”

December 19, 2014/ Home

When we all finally get home, I collapse on my bed and stretch myself out. I can’t help but think about Button. He can’t possibly have dated all those girls, right? Especially Apple Bloom, who’s already one of my closest friends. He’s not her type.

I get up, change into my pj’s, brush my teeth, and go to sleep.

Author's Note:

Sorry if you guys are bored with this. The first chapters are going to be a little bit dry, but they'll get better. I promise!