• Published 18th May 2015
  • 332 Views, 8 Comments

Country Life - Emerald Gem

  • ...
 8
 332

Chapter 1:Living the Manehattan Lifestyle

"Here we are! Manehattan! Emerald exclaimed as she and her husband,Copper,stepped of the train.She and Copper got of the train from their honeymoon,Applelossa.

"Well,it is quite civilized..." Copper said,gazing around the Manehattan train station.

"Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Emerald said as she went to the gift shop window.there were snow globes and travel cards and much more.

"Copper! Look at this! It's a rare Red fire Ruby! Can we get it?!,please!!!!???" Emerald was pleading at her husband.

"Well...Ok.Anything for you,sweetie." Copper said,still taking out the luggage.Emerald ran straight into the shop.When she was about to grab the ruby,she stopped.she heard the sound of a bird. A sick bird. She put down the ruby and followed the noise into an adoption room.There she saw,a beautiful red and orange bird.

"A pheonix! Emerald said,rushing over to the cage. When she got closer,the bird started shaking.When it started shaking,she noticed the the birds leg with a bandage tied around it.

"Aww...you poor thi-"

"Honey, are you ready to go?" Copper said,walking In with Emeralds pet cat,Ruby on his back. Then he noticed that she didn't have the Ruby."Where's the Gem?"

"Well...I've been thinking...Maybe we should adopt the poor Phenonix instead." She said.

"The poor thing needs a home." said one of the managers,appearing behind them."We found her in the everfree being attacked by timberwolves."

"I think we should adopt it. The life of an animal is more important than some gem."

"As always,you are right,my dear. We'll take him."

"Great!" The manager said,leading them to the front desk." So,what would you like to name it?" The manager asked.

"Well...I was thinking about naming it...Fireball.." Emerald said,filling out the adoption form.

"Well,it's stettled then" the manager said,taking the form.

"SKWAK!!!" Fireball said,flapping her wings!

"Well,have a nice day!" The manager said,waving her hoof.
*******************************************************************************************

3 weeks later.....

"Have a wounderful day!,ma'm!" Emerald said excitedly as saw another satisfied customer leave her shop.

"SKWAK!" Fireball said,flying over and stiking a coupon for a free charm-bracelet in the pocket of her luxurious fur coat.

"Why,thank you.." The mare said,waving her hoof as she headed out the door.A week before,Emerald had just opened a store called,"The Top Fashions of Equestria" and so far,it's being going great.As Emerald was about to go to her creating room,she heard the jingle of the doorbell ring as somepony walked in.

"Honey? Are you here?"said a familiar voice called.

"Coppy? Is that you?"Emerald asked.

"Yeah,but there is a small problem..."

"What is it??" Emerald asked,starting to panic.

"Well... When I got back in from bucking the orchard,I heard a loud cry,so I assumed that it was Ruby,but when I went to go look for her,I couldn't find her.

"Oh,please don't tell me she left the house..."

"I don't think she left the house.She was really always a house pet.." Well then,we need to go look for he-OW!!!" Copper was cut of by the loud scream of his wife as she fell to the floor.

"OUCH,OUCH,OUCH!!!!!!" Emerald screamed.

"What?!What happened?!" Copper asked,panicking.Suddenly,the screaming stopped.

"Ugh,please take me home to rest...Coppy..."

"Ok...."Copper said,lifting her up onto his back.

"Also...when...we get ho...home,can I get...a glass...of...water.." Emerald said faintly,getting tired.

"Ok,but don't say another word.You'll get weaker.As he left,Copper wrote a small letter on a provided stick note on the boutiques counter and stuck it on the door.

*******************************************************************************************

As they made their way in the front door,Copper heard hoof steps behind him.

"Is She okay?,Copper?" said the voice of a mare behind him.As he turned around,he saw that the mare was his friend,Swirly Sane.Swirly Sane was a maroon colored Pegasus with a black mane and a strand pink going through it.She had vortex eyes.She was the daughter if Fluttershy and Discord,so that explains why her eyes were like that.

"Hey Swirly.Whats up?"

"Well,I just came back from another Rare Animal Society Meeting,and it wanted to say hi.But when I pased the boutique,it was closed,and the closing hours are at 7:00.Its only 3:00."

"Oh." Copper said.

"Then,as I got near,I heard screaming."

"Uh..Copper...I think I'll be needing that water now..." Emerald said.

"First,let me take you to the bed.you can lie down while I get your drink.
As they made their way to the room,Emerald said,"Is it getting hot in here?"

"I don't feel it.." Swirly said.

"At least we're here. Copper said,lying Emerald on the bed.

"Well,here's a nice pack while your waiting." Swirly said,using her hooves to conjure up an ice pack and lay it on Emeralds head.

"Also,take this.". Swirly put something in her mouth.

As she and Copper left the room,Copper asked Swirly,"What was that?"

"It was a..thermometer!" Swirly said awkwardly.As they got into the kitchen,Swirly said,"I think I know what is wrong a with Emmy.."

"What?" Copper asked.

"Well..." Swirly said as she whispered into his ear.

"No,no, your joking?,right?

"Nope."