• Published 11th May 2015
  • 879 Views, 16 Comments

Something's Ahoof - Monsoon Rose



After she returns from disappearing for several weeks, Princess Twilight Sparkle seems odd. After agreeing to a marriage with a colt she barely knows, Flash Sentry is going to figure out why she is acting so different with the help of new friends.

  • ...
9
 16
 879

Prologue

"Twilight, I'm not so sure about you going by yourself. Surely you can wait until morning," Princess Cadance smiled as she walked beside her sister-in-law. "Or we can send on of the Royal Guard with you. Maybe one of your friends can arrive by morning."

"Cadance, I'll be fine," Twilight Sparkle laughed.

"You're a princess now, Twilight," Cadance sighed. "You ought to be more careful now. Shining Armor told me that there have been threats against Luna and Celestia. Those making the threats may try to go after you to get to one of them."

"Cadance, I'll be careful. And that is why we have the Royal Guard, to protect Celestia and Luna," Twilight shrugged as she levitated a bag and started packing and organizing her belongings. After staying with her brother and Cadance in the Crystal Empire, she decided that she should go back to Ponyville. After all, her friends would be missing her, especially after being gone for a whole week.

"I don't like it," her sister-in-law frowned. "Can't you wait until morning at least?"

"It is only dusk. If I fly, I'll make it there at least by midnight," she reasoned as she fluttered her wings and continued to pack.

"But-"

"Cadance, I'll be fine. I have magic and my wings. I'll be safer than a Minotaur battling a butterfly," she joked. Cadance's frown pulled deeper at the end of her lips. She shook her head vigorously, making her mane slightly messy.

"I won't be the one to let you go at evening," the older princess pursed her lips. Twilight playfully rolled her eyes before closing the bag and placing it on around her neck.

"Come on, I'll send you a letter as soon as I get home," she promised. Cadance sighed, dropping her head slightly.

"I can't stop you, can I?" She murmured.

"Nope. If it makes you feel better, I'll take a Royal Guard with me," she smiled. Cadance smiled in return and pulled Twilight into a hug. Twilight hugged back before pulling away. "Sunshine, sunshine?"

"Lady bugs await," Cadance grinned.

"Clap you hooves and do a little shake," the two said together as they clapped their hooves together and shaked their tails. They giggled as they finished.

"I'll write you," Twilight said again before trotting down the hall.

"Be careful! And take a guard!" Cadance reminded as the younger pony trotted away. Twilight nodded as she continued her little jog to the outside of the castle. Even though the sun was starting to set, several ponies were still out. Fillies and colts were running around while older ponies chatted and laughed with each other.

"Twilly!" A voice shouted. She grinned as she saw her brother trotting towards her.

"BBBFF," she recited as she trotted towards him. "I'm heading home."

"Cadance is going to be sad until you come back," he grinned. "And I'll miss you too."

"I'll write," she shrugged before giving him a hug. "See you later!"

"Bye," he waved as she flapped her wings and flew away.

"I'm worried," a familiar voice came to his ears. He turned and saw Cadance watching Twilight disappear into the distance.

"Why?" He questioned as he went to her side.

"The threat. What if something happens to her?" His wife sighed as she looked to him.

"Twilly will be fine," he grinned before kissing her cheek. "What do you say about getting some hay and apples?" Cadance smiled and nodded. But something in the back of her mind told her that something was going on.

"Before we do that, where is Flash Sentry?" She asked. "I have a request for him."

Author's Note:

This is my first fan fiction so please don't be too hard on me. I'm trying to make this like an actual episode of MLP so it is going to be a bit more time than normal. Next chapter should be up soon. Thank you for reading, and have a terrific day! :twilightsmile: