• Published 11th May 2015
  • 360 Views, 13 Comments

Bad Future - AponyfromspaceDeciphered



Twist and a few remaining ponies battle for survival in the apocalypse.

  • ...
2
 13
 360

The dead guard

Less than five minuets later, Twist and Pip Squeak were running as fast as they could in the direction Rainbow Dash had flown in from. The rest of the Based had stayed back to take care of Rainbow. Twist narrowed her pink eyes. She couldn't see twenty feet in front of her due to the sudden snowfall. Pip gave a groan of frustration.

"I can't see a damn thing!" He growled in his accent similar to Sweetie Belle's. Twist shook her head to rid her hair of snowflakes, and the two Based gradually came to a stop, each panting. Twist gave a growl. Just then, a Distant sound caught Twist's attention.

" A Timber Wolf?" Pip asked. The two began to shrink closer together glancing into the swirling storm around them. The loud howling like sound rang again.

"You have got to be kidding me..." Snarled Twist as she saw the bright narrowed green eyes peering at her from a distance. Pip let out a swear too naughty for writing and pulled out his pistol. Since the war started, the Equestrian Army began to produce guns and pistols for the public use.

Pip armed his weapon and shot it in the direction of the green eyes. Twist cringed and turned away. She disliked gunshots. A loud bang followed by a "Twack!" made Twist positive that the bullet hit its target.

"Run before they re-generate!" Pip ordered. Twist gave a fast nod, and darted off. Pip was close behind.

The pair seemed to have been running forever until something appeared in the distance. A limp body. Twist's hearts skipped a beat. As the two closed in on the body, they realized it wasn't Twilight. But it was one of Sombra's guards. It was most defiantly dead. His eyes were cloudy and a spray of blood in the snow indicated he didn't die by hypothermia. The partners were silent for a few seconds. Pip was the first to speak.

"What do 'ya think killed 'im?" Pip asked. Twist held out her hoof and flipped the dead unicorn over. There were teeth marks in his neck and gore marking the sides.

"O corse." Pip growled quietly. Twist cringed. She had killed ponies before, but that didn't mean she liked it. She wasn't heartless.

"Should we morn 'im or somthin'?" Pip asked Twist. The air was quiet as snow falling as Twist stood still, frozen to the ground beneath her hooves.

"No. He's one of Sombra's minions. He didn't deserve to live." Snarled Twist. She leaned over at the dead stallion. It's coat was frozen together and the body was as cold as ice. He had defiantly been dead for several days.

Just then another sound was heard. But it wasn't a Timber Wolf howl. It was a pony calling out. It took pip and Twist two seconds to each arm their weapons. Out of the storms winds and snow a face wrapped in black cloth appeared. The figure had a cloak and rags covering its whole body, so it was Impossible to tell whom it was.

"Who are you? Answer me or we'll shoot." Twist demanded. The figure stepped backwards. The figure raised a purple fore leg to reach out to its face. The figure removed the rags. Twist's heart nearly stopped

"Princess Twilight?" Twist asked hardly louder than a whisper. Twilight didn't answer. Instead she glanced down at the dead guard at her hooves.

"Who killed Shining armor?" Was all she said.