• Published 22nd May 2015
  • 811 Views, 6 Comments

Time Patrol and Ponies - Hidemain



Time Patrol a group created by the supreme Kai of time must go to Equestria repair a time line that has not even been disrupted yet. Shenanigans ensue.

  • ...
7
 6
 811

Ch 2

Celestia cleared her throat before speaking to the pair in front of her. The brown one now sporting a large lump on her head. “Now then your ‘Supreme Kai’ was it,” the white one nodded. “did not get into very many details into exactly what it is my kingdom is now facing and I find her time magic to be very disconcerting to say the least. And to immediately send her soldiers here does not put me in a comfortable position you see.”

“(sigh) Yes your majesty I understand your frustration.” The white one said before looking to his companion shaking his head. “As I’m sure you were told we are here to fix the time stream. Your planet’s past was corrupted or for clarifications sake someone, we have a guess, has chosen to change your future for his own purposes.” Celestia motioned him to continue.

“Now either because of the magical nature of your world or the interference of another we were unable to determine the exact change in the time stream that lead to a very bad future for your world. So we have been sent three years prior to the resulting calamity. And like I’m sure she’s explained we’d normally do this in secret however due to your deity status the supreme kai felt that you should know full well of what was happening. And has sent us to deal with it.” He nodded his head to his companion again. “That being said we are at your disposal and will abide by any and all restrictions, rules or orders you give us. So long as they do not interfere with our duty to the time stream. We are at your service.” He finished with the both of them kneeling in a similar fashion to the knights of old Equestria.

Celestia shook her head “Rise, If I am to understand you correctly you are to help preserve the equestrian timeline but if you are here are you not also distorting the timeline?” The two creatures rose and the male shook his head.

“Yes Princess, the timeline has already been changed by our presence however we are to see that it takes the proper course as whole. It is as always too late to fix damage done to the time stream, but as said time is stream we can make it bend and curve but as long as it reaches its proper destination everything else becomes mute.”

Celestia sighed “There is too much uncertainty and to be honest your forms seem unpleasant and will likely scare my citizens.” She shook her head again. “Please understand that I cannot outright trust you but if what you say is true then only time will tell. Now may I please know the name of those I am addressing?”

“Of course your highness, I am Ice and my child brained partner here is Tine.” Tine rubbed her head sheepishly. “Don’t you think you should apologize?” Ice chided.

Tine looked up sheepishly at the princess “I’m sorry, I don’t know what came over me.” Celestia giggled at her embarrassment.

“It’s quite alright though please if u feel the need to ‘hug’ my subjects be gentler with them.”

Tine found the ceiling very appealing before replying “I’ll keep that in mind.” Celestia giggled again at her response.

“Please fallow me and I’ll have the guards prepare a room for you both and this evening I would like you both to meet my sister and maybe a few more of my subjects that may prove useful in your mission.” Celestia moved off the throne and the two Time Patrollers moved to flank her.

“Your Highness I understand you wanting more informed of our stay here but we must keep our true purpose here secret from the general public for obvious reasons.” Ice informed her as they reached large double doors.

“I am well aware however the ones you will be informing are the ones I trust with my life and on two occasions the lives of my people.”

“I understand.”

Celestia opened the door and immediately the two guards posted gasped at the two beings. The guards drew their spears ready to strike the two of them. “PRINCESS WATCH OUT!!!”

“Lower your weapons.” She ordered in a calm manner “They are guests and will be here for a while. So I’d like to show them to the guest quarters.” The guards stared at her wide-eyed but neither were ready to question her highness.

“As you wish princess.” The guard on the right said. Quickly both lowered their spears. “I’ll show you to your rooms.” Without another word the guard began walking with Tine and Ice on his heel.

“I will send a guard to retrieve you for dinner.” Celestia said to the fleeting group.

“Of course your majesty.” Ice said over his shoulder as he walked away from the princess.

Celestia let out a troubled sigh and returned to the throne room, summoning parchment and quill as she walked.

‘My dearest student,

I am sorry to inform you that a situation has arisen and I must request you and your friends presence this evening to discuss the coming events. I especially request Applejack be present we have many unknowns and I’m hoping her element of honesty will help put some of my fears to rest. I will have a chariot come to collect you.

Your friend and mentor,

Princess Celestia’
~

“Excuse me guard, this might be a strange question but when’s the next full moon?” I asked the guard stationed outside our room.

“Um…” He seemed hesitant “we just had a full moon a couple nights ago so we won’t have one for a while.”

I smiled “Thank you, so how long till dinner.”

“Dinner will start in a few hours I have been instructed to take you there at the allotted time.”

“I see. Thank you again.” I turned and went back to the room where Tine was doing push-ups by the bed. “Good news they won’t have a full moon for another month should give us time to settle in.”

“That’s good at least we will have time to explain things before it gets out of hand.” Tine paused in her push-ups. “How long do you think it will take Fuil to find the anomaly?”

“Hard to say, I for one don’t like not knowing when or where they’ll strike if we get caught off guard it could be a problem.”

~

A worried group of six mares landed in front of the castle gates via Pegasus carriage. The guards swiftly showed them to the throne room where princess Celestia was eagerly waiting.

“Princess!” Twilight exclaimed running up to her mentor, nuzzling her affectionately.

“Twilight thank you for coming on such short notice.” The Princess said the mare and group respectively.

“Princess, Twi told me y’all needed my help specifically, and ah’m mighty humbled you think so highly of me but ah can’t think of anythin’ ah could possibly help you wit’.” Applejack stated.

“I understand, the circumstances of this visit are strange at best. I’ve called you all here because a being has made herself known to me and has warned me of an impending disaster. And while she and her cohorts have claimed to be here to help, I just can’t be sure, when their” Celestia cleared her throat “appearance is as intimidating as it is strange.”

Applejack cut in “OH ah git ya Princess yah want me to make sure they ain’t lie’n.”

Celestia smiled “Exactly”

“Um princess who and what exactly are we dealing with?” Rainbow asked.

“ANNND can we throw them a PARTY?!” Pinkie pie exclaimed jumping up and down.

Celestia proceeded to explain to the group what she was told by the supreme kai and her companions. She explained their appearances as best she could and as much as she could infer based on their words.

“But Princess” Twilight interrupted “Didn’t you say that time magic’s were illegal.” Celestia gave her student a knowing smirk.

“That didn’t stop you.” Twilight rubbed the back of her head with her hoof laughing nervously. “Come we should meet our guests for dinner.”

~

The dinning table was in the direct center of the room. It was long definitely the royalty feast table you’d imagine it’d be. Tine and I walked behind our escort. Celestia was seated at the head of the table while six mares were spread out along each side of the table. A purple unicorn was seated to Celestia’s right and an empty chair to her right slightly larger not meant to accommodate the average pony. Tine and I took our seats next to the larger chair.

The other ponies obviously had mixed reactions to our appearance. The yellow pegasus looked to be ready to run if we so much as raised our voices. The Orange normal pony seemed very cautious but held a determined stare. The purple unicorn seemed to be studying us intently like a scientist that just found a new species. The white unicorn seemed uninterested. The pink one seemed…. Happy? The blue pegasus was the most curious of them all as she had higher ki energy than the rest and was obviously on guard.

The purple one was the first to speak “(cough) Um yes hello. My name is Twilight Sparkle and these are my friends Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy” She motioned to each one in turn.

I nodded my head before replying. “Pleasure My name is Ice.” I motioned to Tine who had lustful look on her face while staring at the ponies. “This is my partner Tine… I warn you she likes hugs.” This made Tine blush furiously. The six mares looked at her confusingly

“I…I… Do NOT!!!” She almost screamed looking away.

“I’m sorry but was that not the first thing you did upon our meeting.” Celestia added with a smirk.

“wel…well IT’S YOUR FAULT FOR BEING ADORABLE!!!” Tine protested.

The mares giggled at her expense. The doors opened up again. And a midnight blue alicorn walked in sleepily. “Good evening Luna.” Celestia greeted as the alicorn took a seat next to Tine.

“Good morning Sister” The alicorn looked at the group frowning, she oddly wasn't put off by our appearance as the other mares were. “you didn’t mention we’d have guests.”

“It was last minute Luna we, and now that we’re all here perhaps this would be a good time for us a little more from our star ward friends here.”

“Right, now as I’ve said I am Ice and this is Tine we are Time Patrollers. A Time Patroller is someone in service to the Supreme Kai of Time who guards over time and fixes the time stream should someone interfere with it.” I announced over the clamor. “Now I will answer any all questions to the best of my ability.” The mares looked to each other trying to find something to ask.

Twilight raised her hoof “OK I’d like to start if that’s ok with you Princess?” Celestia nodded. “You said your ‘Time Patrollers’ but you to seem very different from one another. So I’m assuming your both different species.”

I elbowed Tine to pull her away from a Pineapple she’d been devouring. She looked up at me then to Twilight and swallowed with a large gulp. “Yeah that’s right I’m a Saiyan. We are a proud warrior race who lived for nothing more than combat. And PLLLEEEAASSE don’t confuse us with humans I know we mostly look the same but humans don’t have tails.” She stated before unwrapping her tail and showing it off. “And humans are weak.”

Celestia frowned at this news but before she could vocalize her concerns Fluttershy spoke first. “Um said combat so you mean you… um.. fight… for a living.”

“Yeap, we fought and trained always striving to become stronger that was our way of life.” Tine stated with a sad smile.

Rarity took notice notice of her sad expression and voiced her concerns“Excuse me darling but why do you keep using past tense? and you sound so sad why is that?”

“Yeah In this timeline there are only two full blooded saiyans left and they both taught me a lot.” The group looked at her with confusion and worry.

“You mean out of all your people there are only two remaining please tell us what caused this.” Celestia asked her worry now replaced by pity.

Tine sighed began speaking again “In my timeline we were a thriving people we had just won the war against the Truffles who would try and enslave us, I was taken shortly after that war. And put in service to the supreme Kai. I was for lack of a better word pissed when I learned of my peoples down fall. And yet at the same time I can’t bring myself to pity them.” The mares continued to stare at her if they had resentment at those last few words they didn’t mention it. “Shortly after I was recruited into the Time Patrol my people made a pact with an evil group of Arcosians who used them to destroy countless planets and put thousands other races extinct. They deviated from our warrior’s code. Warriors do attack the weak we seek stronger opponents and forever strive to get stronger, my people lost their way and killed the helpless and innocent. It wasn’t till a few hundred years later that the Arcosians made a deal with betrayed my people and wiped our race of the map the only survivors were the Prince, his advisor, two lower class warriors and two higher class.”

“Wait you said there only two of you left what happened to the other four?” Rainbow asked eager to hear the rest.

“Prince Vegeta, Nappa the advisor and the lower class soldier Raditz were kept alive at the whim of Frieza the Arcosian in charge and was directly responsible for the extinction of our race. Kakarot or Son Goku as he later became known as was sent off world as a baby just prior to the destruction of our home. The last two Paragus and Broly escaped when Broly ascended to super saiyan and transported him and his father to safety.

“The trouble for them came much later when Raditz was ordered to go to Earth, the planet in which Kakarot was sent, to retrieve him and return to Frieza. Unbeknownst to Raditz or Frieza Kakarot lost his memory and made a new life for himself on earth. That’s when he gained the name Son Goku. Goku refused to allow Raditz to harm the people of earth and killed him in order to save it. However word got back to Prince Vegeta and Nappa and they to set out to earth to destroy it. The ensuing battle claimed the lives of many of Goku’s friends as well as Nappa. Prince Vegeta was spared and he returned to a deep space mother ship for healing.

“Shortly after Goku and his friends traveled to Planet Namek in hopes of reviving his fallen comrades. Once on Planet Namek he and Vegeta were forced to work together to defeat Frieze who was after the same objects as Goku. It was here that Goku learned the true plight of our people and coupled with his determination to end Frieza’s reign and the loss of his friends he rose to super saiyan and ended Frieza once and for all.

“Years later Goku and Vegeta were approached by Paragus who informed them of Broly. Wishing to both meet the boy they visited their planet. It was here they learned of that Broly had lost his sanity some time ago and was nothing more than a ball of rage and madness. Both Vegeta and Goku fought for their lives trying to subdue him. While Broly wasn’t killed in that battle Paragus was however.”

“Well that’s pretty much it Broly was killed later by Goku’s half Saiyan son Gohan. And as for me while I’m still a saiyan, I’m outside of the timeline and I can’t just change the past just because I don’t like it. No matter how much I’d like to.”

The room was quit for several minutes as they digested the disturbing news. “Soooo this Goku sounds like quite the guy.” Rainbow Dash offered.

Tine smiled “Yeah whenever there’s trouble he goes to in head first, like a true warrior. Vegeta himself has turned into an amazing warrior as well. I reached super Saiyan while fixing an anomaly in their time line. After words I trained under both of them and reached super saiyan 3 a month ago.”

“Ok so let meh git this straight ya’ll tellin me you’re entire race got wiped out by some nut job except for a handful and then ya’ll just keep on killin each other?” Applejack asked.

Tine rubbed the back of her head “well when you put it like that yeah but it was either that or death of billions more.” The group went silent again.

“Oook.” Rainbow moved her attempted to switch focus to me. “So what’s your story huh?”

I sighed “I’m an Arcosian” That one state caused everyone to stare wide eyed at me in fear. “Like Tine i was brought into the time patrol before the pact with the Saiyans even took place. In that time my kind were in a civil war between my family and Frieza’s family. My side was losing the war at the time and I was on deaths door when the supreme Kai called me into service. And like Tine I can’t just go back and end the tyrant before he became a threat because that would interfere with the time stream and we’d be in a much different present.”

“I find I must ask how is it you two are so different from your brethren.” Celestia spoke up. “Because if what you both say is true then you both should by default be evil monsters of destruction.” Celestia’s tone was grim and commanding reading to fight and defend her subjects.

I looked up at her “You have a nice planet here mostly peaceful obviously fun loving and good natured. Not an evil bone in their body. Tine’s people fought for freedom during her time among them, I fought in revolution to end a monsters reign. Both my people and Tine's fought for the greater good however we failed and evil prevailed. Tine’s people still fell into servitude while mine continued to be ruled by a mad king drunk on his own power. I can see your innocent faces and tell that only yourself and Princess Luna has ever faced true evil intent. Me and Tine have fought and killed for a brighter future." I let my pride leak into my voice.

"Your skepticism is not something we are unaccustomed to. Every time we get a new Time Patrol member we need to once again recap our story and attempt to alleviate their concerns.”

Celestia let out a tired sigh these beings had clearly been through a lot and it must pain them even to speak such.

“Um excuse me.” Twilight broke the silence this time. “All of this is a lot to take in but with all this going on I can’t help but wonder how is it, that you defend yourselves to such powers you’ve described. I can’t sense any magical power from either of you at all.”

Me and Tine looked at each other for a moment before laughing. “We don’t use anything as specific as magic. Our abilities come from our martial prowess and Ki.”

“I’m sorry what is Ki and strength alone can’t accomplish all that you've claimed.” Luna asked now taking part in the conversation.

“Ki is comprised of three elements shoki which is the mind, yuki which is courage or will, and genki which is energy of the soul. Ki is the combination of all three. It is a force that resides in every living thing. It has been called things such as life energy or some cultures have even called it soul magic.” I demonstrated generating a lightly condensed ki ball in my hand. “I’m surprised that you've never used it or heard of it especially when one of you has the same Ki Level as Nappa.” The group stared the Ki as I dispersed it safely into the air.

Rainbow Dash looked around “Wait you mean one of us can do that? WHO? I wanna know?! WHOS BEEN HOLDIN OUT?!” She hovered over the table glaring at her friends. I looked at Tine who smirked knowingly and we both pointed right at her. “Wait what?” She fell on top of the table conveniently missing the food.

“Now hold on there, ah know Rainbow can be awfully impressive at times but pegasi can’t do magicy things like that.” Applejack pointed a hoof at me.

“I agree. What your describing is impossible Pegasi can’t use magic.”

I rolled my eyes “Haven’t you been listening I told you it’s not magic. Anyone can do it, all it takes practice and training. And she’s been using it she doesn't realize it.”

Rainbow Dash was in the air immediately “WAIT that means you can teach to do stuff like that!” she motioned towards my hand. “AWSOME when do we start!!”

“Now hold on I never said I’d teach you hell that’d may as well drop a death charge in the time stream.” Rainbow seemed sat on her haunches and looked at her hooves. Oh man can’t just get her hopes up crush them like that. “You know what? I’ll ask the supreme kai and if she say’s its ok then ill teach you.” Rainbow Dash shot her hoof up in the air ecstatically.

“AWWW YEAH!!!” I chuckled at her enthusiasm. Then I turned back to Celestia.

“That is of course if you don’t mind either your majesty.”

Celestia held a contemplative look before answering “While I am against such destructive teaching I suppose if things are as dire as you say they are then I suspect she may need those abilities later. So you may teach her if your Kai approves but I will require there be a supervisor.”


“Very well then I will contact the supreme Kai give me a moment.” With that I stepped out of the room. I attempted to contact her telepathically. Hello Supreme Kai one of the residents the one called Rainbow Dash wishes to learn how to channel Ki I told her if it was ok with you I’d train her. For a long moment there was silence. Before she contacted me.

The adorable pout got you didn’t it.

I have no idea what your talking about. I chuckled because it was true a depressed pony was hard to look at.

To be perfectly honest with you Ice as I’m looking at the eternity scroll their future has already been distorted beyond repair and we still haven’t found the cause. It is likely going to be multiple incidents, so I’m giving you the go ahead and train her whatever you’re about to face will like endanger them all. So train her well.

~

Celestia looked over to Applejack and motioned her to step outside. Applejack followed immediately.

Leaving the Saiyan and elements to chat.

“Applejack for the life of me I have seen no lie in their words. So I plead with you have you found anything false in their claims.”

“Well Princess ah can’t say that I have. Everything they’ve said was the honest to goodness truth.”

“I was afraid of that.”

Applejack raised her an eye brow. “Why’s that Princess”

“Because it means that we will be facing extreme danger in the near future.” Celestia turned and walked back inside the dining room, Applejack in tow. Just in time to see Ice walking in as well.

“The supreme Kai approves and thinks it may be vital keeping your future in check.” Ice said sitting back down in his char.

“WOOHOO That’s what I’m talkin bout!!” Raibow Dash excitedly exclaimed.

“Now then I’d like to start your training immediately will you be free tomorrow?”

“Yeah I’m off for the week anyway. So when you want to meet up?”

“Sunrise tomorrow ill wake you up and we’ll begin.”


The rest of the evening went by uneventful as Rainbow Dash’s thoughts were on her training the next day. And everypony else began asking more mundane questions. Twilight and the princesses were more interested in their abilities. Soon enough they retired for the night.

Up above the clouds a figure looked down on the castle.

“Soon very soon…”

Author's Note:

Hello i'm just gonna clarify a few things. I am using using mostly xenoverse and from what i can find online for information regarding origins of the races. YES I CHANGED THE SAIYAN ORIGIN sue me. I wanted to give them a more noble background than just barbarian monkeys. I also gave a non cannon insight to the Arcosian race. (which was never confirmed or denied to be the Frieza Race, but really why would anyone actually call them that in a real world setting. I mean really Frieza had a father why wasn't it called King Cold's race. So I'm going with Arcosian being the race name and Frieza clan being one faction.) And yes I'm aware you can't go SSJ3 in xenoverse just another thing i disagreed with about the game. Could've made a wig of it at least.


PLEASE COMMENT all criticism's welcome. Can't improve without feedback.