• Published 2nd Oct 2015
  • 632 Views, 2 Comments

The Story of Friendship - Liate_Noate



Zeus, from Greek mythology finds his way to Equestria and has to save the mane six.

  • ...
2
 2
 632

When All Else Fails, a Zebra is There to Save You

“Zeus! Are you ok?” asked Twilight as they were running.

“Zeus? Darling? Are you ok?” asked Rarity.

“Zeusy!” Pinkie Pie got a little worried.

“Oh dear, is he going to be ok?” Fluttershy said softly.

“Sugarcube, he’ll be fine” Applejack assured the other three.

“Yeah..I’ll be fine…” Zeus weakly said. Rainbow then pushed him slightly to the left which had them go down another path heading towards the Everfree Forest.

When they were there for a bit, they reach another tree house. They knocked on the door, and a Zebra walked out with a cup of tea in hoof. She almost spat out her drink when seeing the injured being.

“Quickly, come into my hut, we’ll fix you up and you’ll be back on your foot.” the zebra talked mostly in rhymes.

“Zecora, now is no time for rhymes, what can you do to help him?” Rainbow was a little upset with the situation.

“Right, right, stop your jabbering, this is no time for frighting.” Zecora lead them into the hut with Zeus sitting on a bench where she could focus on his wounds. “The fight against Discord, it didn’t puncture any valuable cords.” Zecora assured him.

“Will he be alright? Discord is only going to get stronger!” Twilight was getting more worried than the rest.

“He will be fine, I’ll make him shine.” Zecora started stitching up the outside as she gave him a drink to help soothe the pain.

Right as she was done and he was resting in a bed, the door burst open as lighting stuck right behind the creature who wanted revenge.

“Oh, I’m so sure you did miss me my little ponies!” Discord had a very suspicious tone with an evil laugh behind it.

“Discord!” the six ponies said together.

Discord smiled evilly as he saw them. Rainbow flew over and charged at him, but Discord evaded and threw Rainbow into a cage with her wings gone and they hung outside the cage. Rainbow growled at him, banging at the cage walls trying to escape. Rarity then got some of her sewing needles and threw a bunch which all lodged along inside his torso. He didn’t feel as much pain, though he put her into the cage as well with her horn gone and it landed outside the cage. Applejack appeared in the rear and bucked her back legs towards him which caused him to topple over. With this Fluttershy helped Pinkie with the ropes to tie him down and Twilight started a magic spell which would paralyze him forever. Right before it could happen, Fluttershy got startled when she bumped into something and dropped the rope, which allowed Discord to roll to his side avoiding the spell. Discord then grabbed Fluttershy and threw her towards the cage with the same outcome as Rainbowdash, with her wings gone. Fluttershy cowered to the back of the back cage. Applejack was about to buck again before he tied her to the ceiling hanging upside down. Twilight was the last one left, she summoned another spell and tried shooting at him, but Discord evaded again.

At this time, hope was lost for the six ponies and Zecora was busy hiding during this whole fight. Zeus woke up to Discord strangling the ponies, their horns and wings missing and they were losing breath fast. Zeus was still weak and unable to walk as easily, but he wobbled over and gave Discord a hefty punch to the face which caused him to drop the ponies. Zeus was weak and wasn’t able to use as much strength or use his lightning. The ponies without wings or horns were also weak. They all thought that it was the end, and it was over. Discord got ready with a spell of his own and charged it up. Zeus saw this as his chance and got in front of the ponies to protect them, he wasn’t going to let useless ponies die to this creature with an abnormal level of power. He knew he wouldn’t be able to return home or see his wife again, so he thought the best way to die was to die protecting creatures whom have taken care of him while he was here.

He opened his eyes and saw a purple field around them. It had the colors of the ponies, but another color as well. The seventh color was the same as his skin. He knew Twilight couldn’t be casting this spell since she didn’t have her horn, nor Rarity. The ponies were in their fighting stance and looking at Discord, so Zeus did the same, hoping this barrier, whatever it was, would hold off the attack. When the attack hit, it deflected entirely and it hit Discord. The spell that hit him in the end made him weaker and older. He aged very quickly, much more quicker than the normal age rate. His beard grew out and back, wrinkles appeared, and he slowly crippled until he fell down and died of age. The ponies all cheered with their victory and Equestria returned to normal with their wings and horns back. The barrier disappears and Zeus felt a bit stronger. Zecora came out and picked up the body ready to burn it to get rid of the creature forever.
get rid of the creature forever.

Author's Note:

Thus ends all fights in the story. Well for physical fights that is.