• Published 2nd Oct 2015
  • 631 Views, 2 Comments

The Story of Friendship - Liate_Noate



Zeus, from Greek mythology finds his way to Equestria and has to save the mane six.

  • ...
2
 2
 631

Discord V.S. Zeus

It took him about ten to twenty minutes before he arrived at Ponyville, but when he got there, he was more angry at Discord than ever. He was holding the six ponies in a cage, and they were screaming for help, and Discord was about to crush the cage before he saw Zeus.

“Unhand them you monster!” Zeus boomed.

Discord set down the rock and laughed, “You think calling me a monster will help you save your precious friends? I knew you would escape from that house, but it was enough time for me to capture them. You see, with their power and yours, you’d be pretty much unstoppable. So I had to capture them to make sure I have a better chance of seizing Ponyville to myself!” Zeus started running towards him and when he threw a punch, Discord dodged and summoned ice below Zeus so that he slipped and fell.

“If you can’t keep your ground, then why would I be bothered to fight someone like you?” he asked almost laughing again. Zeus got angry again and attempted the same move with the same outcome. Then when he got up, he jumped up on the cage and lashed a thunderbolt at him. The bolt, too quick for Discord to move, hit his bird wing and he stopped hovering.

“Good, now we’re playing fair” Zeus grinned as he knew Discord wouldn’t be able to move as quickly anymore. He tried running towards him again but Discord stopped him, then he summoned a sword for them both and handed one to him.

“Go on warrior, show me what you got.” Discord was serious this time, almost begging to be slaughtered by Zeus.

Even though Zeus had not wielded a weapon as much, he knew more of the basics for fighting. They fought for a while, swords clanging, and at one point their swords meet in the center, and are held together as both Zeus and Discord tried to push the other back. Discord then used his other wing as his advantage and pushed his sword across which ended up cutting down the underside of Zeus’s arm sending blood flying everywhere. Zeus screamed in pain. Though, he was too naive; when he reached down to grab it, Discord slammed his sword down the middle of his spine through his chest, the sword went all the way through. The skin was pushed out then tore, in a popping motion and the blood splattered around the ground. Zeus, screaming in pain knocked the sword out and stumbled to the rock, where he fell and laid against it, panting and holding his chest trying to stop the blood flow. Discord came charging towards him again, but Zeus slid across one side and the sword clanked, bounced out of his hands and fell to the ground. Zeus then took the advantage to break the cage open with the boulder and took the Mane Six with him as he ran. He ran far into the outskirts of Ponyville. Discord let him go, he knew he would die sooner or later, he’d just have to catch them. It was easy to follow their path as well since he was dripping blood the whole way.

Author's Note:

Thus ends the longest fight in the story. There will be another at the end of the story