• Published 16th May 2015
  • 518 Views, 14 Comments

Blood of... - DiscordFan



Ponies don't only receive their personality and power through cutie marks. They receive them through their blood. And their blood can only give them more power after realization.

  • ...
4
 14
 518

... a Dragon

A lavender alicorn with a navy mane with a highlight of pink and purple was reading a book on magic blood and its abilities on her cyrstal bed. This alicorn is Princess Twilight Sparkle.

"'... A pony's magic blood can help determine their cutie mark, personality, physical appearance, and even thoughts. Every single pony has magic blood. Magic blood is why a pony has a cutie mark. Before Celestia's and Luna's reign, ponies did not have cutie marks, but they later obtained them after mating with a other creatures such as dragons, ursa majors, phoenixes, and even shadows,'" Twilight read aloud to herself.

"'A few traits ponies may have to have shadow blood is excellence in dark magic, dark coats and manes and tails, and being nocturnal.'"

"'A few traits ponies may have to have phoenix blood is excellence in fire and wind or the sun. The only pony known currently to have phoenix blood is Princess Celestia.'"

"'A few traits ponies may have to have ursa major blood is excellence in stars and awesome control of the night sky. The only pony known currently to have ursa major blood is Princess Luna.'"

"'A few traits ponies may have to have dragon blood is excellence in all magic, though fire is increased, awesome resistance to magic, and the ability to turn to fire at will.'"

Twilight furrowed her eyes. "But that's a phoenix's ability. Why would a pony with dragon blood be able to do that?"

She turned the page of the book to it blank.

"Huh?" She flipped the next page. Blank.

Next. Blank.

Next. Blank.

Next. Blank.

Blank. Blank. Blank. Blank!

She quickly flipped to the first blank page a smelled it.

Her eyes narrowed, and Twilight smirked. "Lemon." She nodded to herself and caster a heating spell on the page.

Slowly, pieces of the page burned away. When the burn marks faded, Twilight gasped at the image.

"Beautiful..."

It was a sketch of a unicorn pony with pure black eyes and shadows for a mane and tail. He had a cured horn that was tipped midnight black. His coat was shaded in darkly, but not as dark as the eyes. At the bottom of the page was labeled "Shadow-Blooded."

Twilight looked at the next blank page and cast the heat spell this time.

Marks burned away revealing a sketch of a pegasus pony with wings of fire and light. Her eyes were pure light. Her coat was white. At the bottom was labeled "Phoenix-Blooded."

Flip. Heat spell.

The next sketch showed an earth pony whose eyes looked made of nebulas. Her mane was full of stars. Stars formed at the base of her hooves. Her coat was shaded in a bit. At the bottom was labeled "Ursa Major-Blooded."

Twilight turned to face the next page and caster the heat spell.

The burnt marks faded away to reveal a unicorn with draconic, red eyes. His mane and tail were made of pure fire. His coat was pure white. At the bottom was labeled "Dragon-Blooded."

Twilight quickly threw the book off her bed with her hoof.

B-but it can't be... Can it? Me having... having... Could I really have...

"... dragon blood?"

Twilight recalled when she was introduced to Pinkie's Pinkie Sense.

The flames that made up her mane and tail. The red in her eyes. The pure white coat.

She then whispered, "I have the blood of a dragon..."