• Published 20th May 2015
  • 2,645 Views, 94 Comments

Flight of Destiny - Pink_Flash



A former military pilot in his late forties discovers what it's like to be regressed into a foal.

  • ...
13
 94
 2,645

Chapter 04: Hospitalroom of destiny

"Pink..." A soft feminine voice... "Pink Flash..." The voice is warm... and caring. 'Who... who is Pink Flash?' I wonder to myself. The feminine voice giggles. "Why you, of course." I open my eyes halfway... that's all I could manage. My vision is blurry. I can see a pink figure standing over me. I can tell I'm laying in a pink bed. "Hey there." The voice speaks to me. I close my eyes again. Causing the voice to giggle again. "Come on now, wakie wakie." I rest for a moment longer, before prying my eyes open again.

I look up at the pink figure. My eyes beginning to clear up. It's that pink pony that thinks she's my mother. From one of my dreams. Making me question if this is reality, or not. "You gave Mommy quite the scare." She nuzzles me softly. "I heard all about what happened." I look up at her again. 'My dreams are connected to my psyche. It's no wonder she knows about what happened... she's not even real...' I think to myself.

"Not real? You're such a cutie. Of course I'm real. Has it really been so long that I've been away?" She giggles. "It's ok. Mommy's cancelled the rest of her business trip. I'll be home with you soon." She picks me up into her hooves and hugs me. 'Yup... this is definitely a dream. She can read my thoughts, and she's 'not' here already?'

"My my. When did my little colt get so smart? That's why I said you need to wakie wakie."

Suddenly... My eyes flutter open. To a bright white hospital room. My vision, blurry at first, begins to focus on my surroundings. The subtle beeping of a heart rate monitor gives off my location. That is to say, a hospital. The dark gray and yellow pegasus pony wearing a white labcoat gives it off too. He has this... doctor feel to him. I've explored sight and sound, the next is taste. Which is to say, a desert. A few experimental clicks of my tongue against the roof of my mouth... a testament to how thirsty I am. It does however, alert the doctor.

"Well well!" he says enthusiastically as he looks at me. "So happy to see you finally awake, sleepyhead." He smiles at me and approaches. "How are you feeling?" I frown as I explore my dry mouth. "Thirsty... really thirsty." I cringe at my high and... dare I say... cute voice.

The doctor chuckles. "I would imagine so." He turns and heads over to a conveniently placed water jug. You know those plastic containers that you have to put on it's base upside down. The doc takes a foam cup and pours water into it. I marvel how easily the cup stays in his hoof, despite him not having fingers. He brings the cup to me, and I take it in my own hooves. I find myself marveling that I can do the same. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. It's a world of magical talking ponies after all.

I waste no more time thinking about it, I guzzle the water right down. Best... water... ever. I give off a resounding "Aaaaaaaahhhhh..." sigh of relief. "May I have another?" I ask the doctor with a sheepish grin.

The doc chuckles. "Certainly." He takes the foam cup from me and heads back to the water jug. "You're quite polite for a colt your age. I've had colts your age demand lollipops from me." He chuckles again as he pours a second cup of water. 'I really am not sure what this doc will think if I were to tell him my story. They might think I'm straight up crazy. Even worse, they might think it's due to my head injury.' I then tenderly rub my head where the injury was... expecting it to hurt at least a little. But nothing. "Huh?" I blink as I put more pressure on the area.

The doc smiles. "You have a special friend to thank for that. Dr. Summers healed you entirely." He brings the cup of water to me. "First real case of magical healing I've ever seen. Absolutely astounding."

I take the cup as I process this information. I drink this cup a little more slowly than the first one. Once again, talking magical ponies. When will this stuff stop surprising me? As I sip on my water, I hear a knock at my hospital room door. The good doc turns to answer it. I take a look around to examine my surroundings a little more closely. Noticing a stepping stool near a door I can only assume is a bathroom.

"Ah, Dr. Pulse." The doctor who was talking to me greets the new doctor. I lean a little over the edge of my bed to eavesdrop. "So... Pink Flash's case worker is on her way? What about his parents?" There's a pause. I guess I can't hear Dr. Pulse. "Nothing at all? That's terrible..." Another pause. "Ok. I'll make myself scarce." He then turns back towards me. I quickly sit back. Not wanting him to know I heard. I merely smile up at him innocently.

"Ok, Pink." He starts. "A friend of mine is coming to say hello. I have to get going though, ok? Other patients to see." He smiles warmly. I'm about to protest, perhaps get more info from him about what he was discussing with Dr. Pulse... but he cuts me off. "I know what it's like to not know anypony here. I promise I'll be back soon, ok? In the meantime..." He trots over to a TV that is hanging from the ceiling... wait, how long has that been there? He flicks on the TV.

I really only intended to glance at it, and then continue pressing this doctor for information... however... the bright colors... the... strange characters of this TV show are immediately attention grabbing. "Ohhhh..." I tilt my head some as the oddly proportioned animal characters move about. It just steals my attention. Before I know it, I'm sucked in. Giggling at their antics.

The doctor smiles and watches me for a moment. Thinking I'm adorable no doubt. Even though last I saw myself, I was broken, battered and bloody. I have no idea what I look like now. The good doc lets himself out as I watch this strangely interesting children's show.

I don't even realize it. How much time has passed. "Hey..." A soft voice cuts into my trance. "Hey honey." The voice giggles as I'm completely unresponsive. Too transfixed by the show. She moves to the TV and turns it off. "I'm sorry sweetie, but you and I need to talk."

I blink a few times as I look around. I'm saved! I look at the mare in front of me. She's a unicorn who is dark gray, with a brown mane and glasses. She smiles at me warmly. The type of smile that is sympathetic. Like she has something bad to tell you. "Pink Flash..."

I raise my eyebrows. That's the name my dream mom gave me. "H...how..." The mare giggles. "How do I know your name? You talk in your sleep. I hear it's adorable." I blush. "My name is Marry Weather. Most foals just call me Miss Weathers. So you can call me that, if you like."

I sort of... just stare at her. Making it kind of awkward. She clears her throat. "The doctors are thinking of keeping you here today. They want to keep an eye on you for a little while longer. Make sure everything is ok." I nod. Seems logical to me. "But tomorrow... some friends of mine are gonna let you stay with them, ok?" I think critically on this. 'I'm a little pony... in this pony society. I have no parents here...' My eyes widen. "A foster home..."

Miss Weathers blinks. "It's ok." She puts her hooves up. "I know that sounds terrible... but these ponies are wonderful. They'll take great care of you until we kind find your mommy and daddy, ok?"

"I have the strange feeling that's not going to happen." I respond. She gives me an inquizitive expression. "Why not, sweetie?" I frown. 'Damn my mouth!' I pause before speaking. "I haven't seen her for a very long time. I don't have a 'daddy'."

Her expression turns solemn. "Oh my... you poor thing..." She then smiles to me. "Don't you worry, I'll make everything right! You can count on auntie Weathers!" I give her a deadpan expression. 'Auntie Weathers? Give me a break... Ok. I don't like the idea of what she's prancing on about... Here's the plan... play along for now... I'll slip out under cover of darkness tonight. These ponies are all magical, if I find the most magical one, and convince it I'm actually human, I might get out of here. For now, smile and nod.' I give the most awkward smile, and nod to Miss Weathers.

Just mere moments later, a nurse arrives. "Marry Weather, Young Pink Flash here has a yummy lunch ready for him. " She is pushing a metal cart with a tray. Marry Weather looks to the nurse. "Of course! Gotta fill that belly." She smiles, then heads for the door. "I have a few calls to make, I'll be back soon, ok Pink Flash?." she smiles as I nod. With that, she leaves.

The nurse telekinetically hovers the tray onto the bed. I peer over the food... "I brought you some carrots, a dandelion sandwich, and a small salad. Most foals don't care for the salad, so I don't expect you to eat it." She smiles after telling me all this. I wasn't much of a veggie eater, but I can't very well tell her that. She'd look at me funny. On top of that, what's with the flowers? I can't imagine them tasting all that fantastic...

The nurse watches my expression as I think. Seeing me 'curl my nose' at the sandwhich. "What's wrong? Don't like dandelions?" I ponder to myself about whether or not I should try it. The nurse giggles, then I look up at her. "You eat at least half of everything here, I'll make sure there are some hay fries with your dinner tonight. Also, I can get you some dessert." I involuntarily perk up at the word 'dessert'. Which makes her giggle again. "You look like an ice cream type of foal."

I blink a few times, blush, and nod softly. I do like ice cream... can she really tell just by talking to me...? Or is it that pretty much EVERYPONY loves ice cream? "I like Vanilla, and peanuts as a topping." The nurse giggles again. "Not many foals pick vanilla. Ok, I'll get you some vanilla ice cream with some peanuts, if you promise to eat half of everything, ok?"

It's odd. Of course I planned to act the part, so I can lower suspicion, but it was too easy to act the part. It's like I didn't need to draw inspiration from anywhere to do it. 'Damn it! This body better not be influencing me. I don't need that on top of eeeeeeeverything else. I mean, was surviving an airplane crash and a drop that was approximately 70 feet not enough? Guh! Lame.'

The nurse just stares at me as I ponder. To her, I probably look like I'm mulling the deal over. When from my perspective I've already accepted. I blink a few times. "Oh... um. Yes. I would like that." I smile sheepishly. The nurse smiles warmly, then heads out. "I'll be right back with your dessert." I wave to her, and smile. Then my smile fades as she disappears. I cross my hooves as I consider things. 'Judging from how thirsty I was... I hazard a guess that I was unconscious at least 3 days. Assuming there are no variables on mental change in, or out of consciousness... my mental state has changed dramatically in a relatively short amount of time. I'd prefer to begin seeking assistance immediately, however these doctor types are going to diagnose something unrelated. Psychosis, concussive related mental disorder, or something else head related. '

I sigh as I look at the food. My belly rumbles, complaining. I take hold of the carrot. I examine it... as if it were some sort of alien vegetable. 'I mean... who knows how different this vegetable is compared to what I had on Earth.' I nibble on the carrot. "Huh..." I stare at it awkwardly. It tastes... different. Better. As if there were flavors there that my human tongue could never taste. I... kind of felt like Cookie Monster as I ate it. That is to say, a little too fast.

There's a giggle at the door. "Hungry?" I look to the door. "Huh?" I ask as I see a cyan colored mare standing there. She has purple eyes, and a rainbow pattern mane and tail. She's a pegasus. She's got wings, like me. "Oh... Hello." I greet her. I tilt my head cutely. Well, cute unbeknownst to me. "Have we met?" Rainbow Dash enters the room. "Well, sort of. We met while you were... sleeping."

I stare at her while I process that sentence. Analyzing what she said, and how she said it. 'We met while I was sleeping? Hmmm... I've heard that phrase before. In a movie I think. But they said 'unconscious'. The context was that the phrase speaker was the one who found the unconscious one. I think this pony is using a softer word because of my appearance.' After my personal thought process, I smile to the rainbow pony. "Oh, I get it. You found me."

Rainbow Dash smiles. "Well, I helped find you. Dr. Wind actually found you." I frown. 'So close...' Rainbow's frown fades a little. "I was the one who took you here. Who else but the fastest flyer in Equestria?"

'Ok. My last analysis was wrong... maybe I can redeem myself. They used the fastest flyer in Equestria to transport me... normally precision, and care is required to transport somepony in trouble. Either these ponies are incompetent... or I was gravely injured...' I lower my eyes at the idea of being gravely injured. 'I obviously can't ask her that... that would probably cause an uncomfortable situation. I also... might not even want to know...'

It's Rainbow's turn to tilt her head. "Something wrong?" She takes a few steps forward. I raise my eyes. "Oh n-no! I'm fine." I force a smile. A sympathetic, maybe even a pitying smile crosses Rainbow's face. I get the idea that she understands that I'm feeling concerned... but for the wrong reason.

"You have nothing to worry about, little guy. If anyone can find your mommy, and daddy..." She kneels down so that we're eye level. "It's me." She looks like she's about to continue talking, but somepony else walked in. Wait, did I say somepony?

The nurse! She's back with ice cream. "I'm back, little Pink. Did you try that sandwich?" She looks at Rainbow. "Miss Dash?" Rainbow Dash stands up, and looks to the Nurse. "Nurse Redheart, hi there." She smiles sheepishly.

"He's not to have visitors yet, you know that Miss Dash." She gets a stern expression. Rainbow's sheepish smile doesn't falter. "I-I know... but I had to see him." She turns back to me. "I promise... I'll find them." She then turns and leaves. I frown as I watch her leave. 'I hope she doesn't set her heart on it too much... There's nothing to find...'

The nurse walks over. "I see you started on one of the carrots. You didn't even touch the sandwich." I frown. "I was distracted by Miss Dash." I don't actually know what her name is, but Nurse Redheart called her that... sooooo...

Nurse Redheart watches me for a moment. "A likely story." She smiles. "You can still get this dessert, you know." I look at the sandwich. I ponder if my taste has changed in quality, or quantity. 'The carrot tasted better... but is it because I can taste more flavors than before... or just taste differently? It stands to reason... if I can simply taste more flavors... then flowers wouldn't taste good at all... but if I taste differently... then that might explain why these ponies insist on me eating it.'

The Nurse continues to smile, nodding expectantly. No doubt thinking that I'm just some child contemplating if I should behave or not, rather than a child contemplating the physics of taste. I peer down at the sandwich and pick it up. The nurse watches me. It's as if she gets off on watching children behave. I involuntarily slow down... slowly bringing the sandwich to my mouth. As if prolonging the inevitable bite would somehow prevent it. Soon enough, my teeth sink into the sandwich. I gauge the nurse's reaction as I begin to chew the bite. To my everlasting surprise... it's actually really good. "Huh..." I blink a few times as I swallow the bite. It's like a salad. Sweet like a cucumber with a hint of lemon. The nurse smiles as she watches me eat the sandwich.

The nurse giggles and slides the bowl of ice cream to me as I finish the sandwich. "You're such a cutie. You earned this. Now, if you need anything, hit that button next to your bed, ok sweetie?" She stands up as I take a bite of ice cream. She then heads to the TV. "I'll turn on your show, ok?" My eyes widen. I try to tell her no, but my mouth is full! She turns the TV on... and then I'm lost to the show.

The rest of the day went by relatively uneventfully. A doctor named Dark Wind came to visit me after lunch. He only got in because of his doctor privileges. He couldn't stay long. I wasn't to have visitors until tomorrow.By the time it was 7... the nurse arrived to tell me it was time to get ready for bed. Bed...? At freaking 7?! What is this hospital, a freaking internment camp? Oh wait... I'm like 5 now... right. That is a thing.

"Awww come on! Why 7?" I ask as the nurse leads me to a bathroom. She has pajamas for me and everything! She opens the door and I step inside. "Ok. So P.J.s then bed?" I look up at the nurse. She looks down at me. "Oh no, you're not getting out of... your bath." I blink. "Huh?" I then spot it... a bathtub full of water. "Oh no..." I take a step back, but I feel the nurse place her hoof on my back. "Now, I know most foals don't like taking baths. I can get you some toys if you like." I blink and shake my head. "I uhhh... that's ok..." I look to the tub and frown. It's not so much bathing that I have a problem with... I can almost guarantee she's gonna wash me herself... how embarrassing...

"Ok little colt. In we go." She lifts me up, and sets me down into the tub. The water is warm, and welcoming. The nurse nods as she looks down at me. "Ok. You stay put, I'll go get you a few toys, ok?" I frown. "No, that's ok-" She's already gone. It doesn't take her long to get back. She's carrying toys... some boats, and mostly aquatic related toys. A pony in a scuba outfit, some cute looking sea monsters. Things like that. The nurse plops a boat into the water, and gives it a gentle push. Sending it gliding through the water to me. She giggles as she puts the other toys in the water too. I gently push the boat back to her. But she doesn't push it back. She walks around the tub... with soap. "I-I can wash myself..."

The nurse smiles. "I'm sure you could, but just let me handle it. You play with your toys." She begins to scrub my mane. I sigh in defeat and stare down into the water. Perhaps I can use this time to think things over. It is embarrassing... but at least the nurse seems happy. Maybe she's the motherly type?

Soon after, she has me out of the tub and drying me off. "Are you ok, Pink? You hardly played with your toys." She askes me. "Oh... uh..." I start. "Just got a lot on my mind is all..." The nurse pauses for a second. "Thinking about your Mommy? Don't you worry... we'll find her. Ok?" She smiles. Of course, that's not what is on my mind... but it'll work for now. So I just nod. We then head out into the hospital room again. Where the pajamas are waiting. She helps me into bed. "Now, do you have any bed wetting problems, sweetie?" My ears perk up. "Oh... um no." I smile.

The nurse gauges my reaction. "It's perfectly normal for a colt your age to have bed wetting problems. I can get you a pull-up, and nopony will say anything about it, ok?" I blush. "I-I promise, I don't have bed wetting problems!" The nurse watches for a moment. "You sure you don't want one, just in case?" I nod my head quickly. "Ok then... but if you have any problems, come see me, ok sweetie?" She smiles. "Sleep tight little one." She leaves a crack in the door, letting some light in as she leaves. "Phew..." I sigh in relief.

'Now we play the waiting game... I have to wait until everypony goes to sleep... did I say everypony again? These ponies are getting to me...' I shake my head. 'Once they're all asleep... or gone... or whatever... I can make my escape. Should I go by window...?' I look to the window. 'I'm gonna need to push something over to it so I can get high enough to open it.' I look around the room. There seems to be a stepping stool. Probably meant for foals to climb into the bed. It shall serve me greatly. Greatly indeed.

Hours pass by. My eyes are drooping. My head slumping as sleep tries to take me. 'Need... coffee...' Yawning wide, I shake my head a few times. 'C'mon Pink... er... Miles. I'm too tired to remember my own name...' I look over the edge of the bed. I lie on my belly, and slip down the side of the bed backwards, so I land on my hind hooves. Hoping I don't make too much sound.

I move slowly... I don't want my hooves to make to much noise on the tiled floor. I had come up with the idea of rifling through the drawers to find some notepads and tape. Tape the notepads to the bottoms of my hooves to cancel the sound of my hooves. Since I'm not going through the hall though, it'd be more trouble than it was worth. I'll be gone before I make good use of them.

With that thought, I decide on quietly making my way to the stepping stool I noticed earlier. I pick it up and carefully carry it towards the window. 'With a little work, I'll be able to climb to the window sill.' With that thought too, I place it ever so gently... I feel like I'm some kind of psychopath trying to sneak into somepony's home or something. I step up the stepping stool and climb up onto the window sill. 'Huh. I figured that would've been a little tougher.' I shrug. Leaving that one up to a lucky break.

It's not a complicated lock in any sense of the word. Just pull on a small lever and it's open. Kind of like a lock you'd find in a school. Well... in a low security school anyway. I pop open the lock, then push the window open. A soft breeze blows past me. Taking a deep breath of fresh air and then looking down, I notice it's a small drop. Paranoia creeps up on me, so I decide to glide down to avoid any... shall I say... disasters. Gliding down to the ground... is actually enjoyable. That small moment was the most peaceful and serene three and a half seconds I've ever experienced.

I audibly sigh in disappointment as my hooves touch ground. I look back to the window, briefly considering attempting to get back up there just so I could do it again. 'Alas... T'is not in the schedule.' I shake my head and look around. Several buildings arranged in an odd manner. 'What an odd society. I can't make heads or tails of what these buildings are.' I begin trotting towards a hill. 'High ground. Get a better view of what I'm dealing with here.'

As I reach the top, I find a full view of the town. 'Hmmm... there's a rather large tree in the middle of town. I can use that as a landmark. From there, I can find buildings of authority. I'd wager the more magical ponies would be in positions of power.' I nod to nopony in particular. 'Step one: Large tree.' I begin making my way to the tree.

Luckily for me, there seems to be next to nopony out here. It's almost a pleasant trot. I end up following a pathway that seems to be used for walking rather than being used for larger purpose. Such as cars. 'Wait... do they have cars?' I ponder this as I near the large tree. 'Plenty of carriages and wagons, but no cars.'

As I move around a corner, I almost walk smack into one of the adult ponies. I have to physically cover my mouth as to not audibly 'Eep!' in surprise. I dive into a nearby bush. Only to hear "What was that noise?". I lie down in the bushes and peer out from below them. The adult seems to be a black stallion. He's wearing some kind of funky medieval armor. All darker palettes. "Huh. I guess it's nothing." The stallion says as he continues on his way.

I give a silent "phew". 'Close call'. I begin tip toeing towards the large tree. 'Tip toeing? What's it called with hooves? Tip hoofing? Tip clopping? Tip... Uh... I got nothin.' I stare up at the large tree. 'I made it. Ok. Now that I'm here... I can begin looking for buildings of authority.' I suddenly spot a sign. 'Hm? A sign?' I peer over the sign in front of me. 'Library?' I give the tree another once over. 'This... is single handedly the weirdest location I've ever seen for a library, and I've played Dungeons And Dragons'.

Moving to the library's door, I make the shocking discovery that it's locked. 'Great. Good time to not know how to pick a lock. I wouldn't happen to be lucky enough to find a key under the welcome mat, would I?' I peer down. 'No welcome mat. Jee. How welcoming! I'm insulted.' I think to myself sarcastically. 'Alright... let's think about this.' Putting my hoof to my mouth in thought, I look around. Noticing a nearby home. It has a carrot garden with a tiny wooden fence around it. 'Hmmmm... The fence could be used as a ladder to get to a window. Get in there, get some relevant books, and get out.' Nodding in approval of this idea, I pick up the fence.

Just as I thought, the fence works like a charm. Before I know it, I'm up on the first floor window edge. Well, it's more like floor 1.5. The window is overlooking the first floor. To my delight, the inhabitant or inhabitants don't lock this window. 'Perhaps they figure nopony can get up here.' I stop and blink. Then I look at my wings. 'Wait a minute... some of the ponies here can fly... so why is this window...?' I shake my head. 'No matter.' I push the window open. 'Oh! I get to glide again!' I grin and gleefully glide down to the floor. 'Like a swan... or a monster truck. If it were majestic.' I then look around. 'Kind of dark.'

I head over to the sections of books. 'Exactly what do I look for? I suppose an encyclopedia would work... suppose it could tell me geographical information. Information about ponies might be useful too. Though I need information about leaders and top magical ponies. Would an encyclopedia have current leaders? I suppose it would if it's been printed recently.' I sigh as I peruse the books. 'What even are these? The breakdown of quantum singularity manipulation through telekinesis? The theory of magically induced gradual momentum? The Theory of Singularity Expansion? I understand some of these terms... but I didn't think telekinesis existed.' I stop walking for a moment. 'I keep forgetting there's talking, flying, and spell casting ponies everywhere.' I sigh again. Then begin searching once again while yawning.

'Jackpot. How the Princesses will bring Everlasting Harmony. If this can tell me anything about these... Princesses... I might be in business.' I take the book down. I set it on the floor, then lie down. With my eyes beginning to droop, I begin reading the book.

"With guidance from sources of vast knowledge and wisdom comes venues of research that were never accessible before. I am confident that with the experiences Princess Celestia and Princess Luna bring to the table, coupled with the new fresh mind of Princess Twilight Sparkle that we will discover the complexity that is lasting peace." WHAP! My face drops into the book as I fall asleep.

Author's Note:

Worse place to fall asleep there Pinkie Miles. The long wait is finally over. My internet was gone since September... and I still technically don't have internet. I found a little workaround though. So I should be able to get back to updating on a more regular basis! Yay!