• Published 11th Nov 2011
  • 1,779 Views, 5 Comments

Pinkie's Troubles - Twolegkit

  • ...
3
 5
 1,779

That Devious Mare

What ever am I to do? What can I do?!?! Ok, Ok. Calm down Rarity. First, I need to go catch Pinkie before she may say anything to Fluttershy. Rarity thought as she rushed from her room to possibly ruin her friend's happiness. How am I going to stop Pinkie? Maybe I can play on her insecurities... No, I will not, CAN NOT, do that to my dear friend Pinkie.


Rarity quickly found Pinkie as she was bouncing towards Fluttershy's cabin. "Pinkie! Wait!" Rarity gasped, "I know you feel like you could tell her right now, and that's wonderful, but I don't think you should yet. You don't even know if she likes fillies."

Pinkie thought for a second and replied sadly, "You're right, thanks for stopping me, but how will I be able to know if she does?"

Hmmm... Maybe I could.... "Well, with a pony as shy as Fluttershy, perhaps the best way to find out would be for a close friend such as Rainbow Dash to ask her for you? I'm sure Rainbow Dash could find a way to ask slyly," Rarity said, with a rather devious look in her eyes.

Fortunately, Pinkie was too wrapped up in thought to notice it. She's right. I wouldn't be able to catch her looking at flanks like I did with Rarity, so maybe the best way is to just have a very close friend ask her. But Dashie? No, Dashie would just ask Fluttershy outright. No, this must be handled with a delicate hoof... Like... Pinkie perked back up suddenly, "Rarity! You could ask her! Your much more delicate about things than Dashie! And you're great friends with her!"

"You want me to ask her? Well, I suppose I could. In fact our spa date is today! I could ask her then if you want."

"Would you? Please? It would mean so much to me Rarity!" Pinkie was so excited she was bouncing higher than ever.

"Of course I will my dear. Let's hope she does like fillies," Rarity said with a smile, For your sake and mine.

------------

"Hello, Rarity. How are you today?"

"I'm delightful, how about you, Aloe?" Rarity replied to the pink spa pony.

"Tired, but that means I'm making money right?" Aloe answered happily.

"Correct you are. Anyway, is Fluttershy here yet?"

"Nope, but I think I may see her coming this very moment," Aloe said trotting to the door, "Hello Fluttershy, I trust your feeling well today?"

"Why yes. How about you and Lotus?" Fluttershy said, concerned for the blue spa pony's health.

"I am doing fine, but sadly the same can't be said for Lotus. She is still sick and doesn't seem to be getting much better." Aloe replied sadly.

"Well, I hope she gets better. Maybe I'll even come over to visit later this week. Oh, hey Rarity, do you, umm, know if something is bothering Pinkie? I was talking to her this morning and she just... rushed off," Fluttershy inquired with a bewildered look on her face.

"I'm sure nothing is the matter, she is probably just being Pinkie. You know how odd she can be at times. Anyway, are you ready for our spa day?" Rarity asked with a flip of her mane, "I know I'm sure ready to be pampered."

"Oh, umm, sure."

"Wonderful!" Rarity turned her attention to the pink spa pony, "Aloe, we are ready. Will you be able to manage with your sister being ill?"

"Oh, I'll manage," Aloe smiled, "Besides, Fluttershy doesn't require too much attention anyways. Shall we begin?" Aloe suggested, leading the two fillies to the massage room.

"So, Fluttershy," Rarity began as she laid herself on the table, "have you found that special pony yet?"

Clearly embarrassed, Fluttershy replied, "Oh, umm, no not yet."

"But surely you do like some pony, don't you?" Rarity probed.

Actually yes, but she doesn't need to know about her "Ummm, not really, no..."

"Well, what do you look for in a colt? I just want to help you to be happy as soon as possible," Rarity nearly pleaded.

"Well, umm I-"

"You must care how he looks and dresses, correct?"

"Well yes, but I-"

"Oh, and how he acts!" Rarity grilled the shy pony.

"Yes, but-"

"And he must be talented!"

SHE is all those things, why Rarity, why can't you just leave it. "SHE is all those things. Ok? That's why I've never had a coltfriend, because I LIKE FILLIES!!!" Fluttershy nearly screamed, showing her dark side for the first time since the Gala.

"I, I'm sorry, Fluttershy. I never knew... if I did I guess I wouldn't have pushed you so much. How about we just enjoy each other's silent company for the rest of our spa date?" Rarity said in a small, regretful tone.

"Ok, and Rarity?"

"Yes, Fluttershy?"

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled..."

------------

For the rest of the spa visit Rarity was clearly preoccupied, but Fluttershy being the polite pony she is decided not to push the issue.

Well, now I know that Fluttershy likes fillies, so, do I tell Pinkie or not? If I tell her, I could lose my chance with Fluttershy, but if I don't, I could lose my friendship with Pinkie. Of everypony in Equestria, why did my friend have to fall for Fluttershy too?

"Rarity?"

"Hmmm?" Rarity grumbled distractedly.

"You're all done for today. Fluttershy thought you were sleeping, so she slipped out a little bit ago. She asked me to tell you she will see you the same time next week, if not before," Aloe said with a slight hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Oh, thank you very much dear. I'll see you next week then I guess," called Rarity as she left the spa behind for the week. I have to tell Pinkie, but how can I do so in such a way that she won't immediately run to Fluttershy? Think Rarity, think! Pinkie will most likely be looking for you today to ask what you found out. If only I had more time!

------------

By the time Pinkie left Sugarcube Corner, the newly returned Princess Luna had already begun to raise the moon. I wonder what Rarity found out from Fluttershy, but it's late, and that pony isn't much for staying up late, or getting up early. I guess I can wait until later tomorrow... besides, that will give me time to think of what I can say to Fluttershy. Wait... Rarity this morning seemed super extra keen to help me, I wonder if... No, if she liked Fluttershy too she would have told me. Even though she is lady-like, I think she would tell her own friend if she liked the same pony, right? She was probably just wanting to help me, she is the element of generosity, after all.