• Published 3rd May 2015
  • 1,768 Views, 35 Comments

Unexpected Emotions - MidnightBlaze16



Rainbow Dash discovers she has a crush on Twilight and has NO IDEA what to do.No idea where I'm going with this kinda just improvising.

  • ...
11
 35
 1,768

Chapter 3: Something's up with Rainbow

A few hours after her pegasus friend flew off on her, Twilight paced around the library floor with an impatient expression, thinking.

“Twilight? What are you doing?” Twilight looked up to see her baby dragon assistant Spike looking at her a quizzical expression on her face.

“Thinking.”

“About what? Did something happen between you and Rainbow?”

“Uh…sorta. We were reading, and she kept staring at me when she thought I wasn't looking. She was murmuring to herself, all I heard was ‘it wouldn't work out’. I asked if she was OK and she flew off, not even giving me a chance to say good-“

The alicorn was interrupted by a knock on the door.

“I’ll get it.” Spike deadpanned walking over to the door to see the mare he least expected. “R-Rainbow Dash? What are you doing here?”

“I’m looking for a book, besides, I never said goodbye to Twilight properly,” she said, sheepishly rubbing the back of her neck.

“Um, OK, come on in then?” Spike stepped back and opened the door the rest of the way.

Twilight, who had been listening the whole time, pretended to go back to reading a book as Rainbow hovered in.

“Hey Twi.”

“Huh? Oh, hi Rainbow!” she said, pretending to be surprised. “What brings you here?”

“Well, first off I wanna apologize for running off earlier and not properly saying bye," she replied, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly. "That was kinda mean of me…”

“Oh, well, that’s alright.”

“Also, I was wondering if you have any books on uh…romance…”

That caught Twilight’s attention. “Really? Why?”

“Well…um…I need help dealing with…um… a crush…” Rainbow admitted, sinking into the floor from embarrassment.

For some reason Twilight’s heart dropped at that statement. She had no idea why though…she just shook it off.

“Well well well, big tough Dashie has a crush!” Twilight teased, lightly elbowing the pegasus.

“Well, uh, shut up!” Rainbow yelled, standing tall again, a huge blush covering her face.

“Heh heh, OK, OK, I’ll stop,” Twilight smirked as she walked over to a bookshelf, labelled ‘Romance Non-Fiction’. “So, who’s the lucky stallion?” Twilight asked.

“Um…actually…it’s um, a…a mare,” Rainbow squeaked, telling herself off for being so ‘Fluttershy-y’ while she was at it.

“Oh, then you’ll be wanted this!” Twilight said, handing over a book.

“So…you don’t have a problem that I like, uh, mares?” Rainbow asked, still blushing.

“Of course not! I’m bisexual myself!” Twilight smiled, before face-hoofing at Rainbow’s vacant expression. “Homosexual is when you like other mares, Heterosexual is when you like stallions, and bisexual is when you like both mares and stallions.” Twilight explained.

“Yeah…I’m gonna just stick to gay, straight and both!” Rainbow smiled sheepishly, taking the book form Twilight’s magic and putting it in her saddlebag. “Thanks Twilight, I gotta go go home now! You awesome!” she thanked, flying off.

Author's Note:

Might as well clear this up while I'm here:

Twilight: Bisexual
Rainbow: Homosexual
Pinkie: Heterosexual
Rarity: Either Hetero or Bi, can't decide
Applejack: Heterosexual
Fluttershy: Homosexual

This is just my headcanon, please no hate.