• Published 3rd May 2015
  • 1,768 Views, 35 Comments

Unexpected Emotions - MidnightBlaze16



Rainbow Dash discovers she has a crush on Twilight and has NO IDEA what to do.No idea where I'm going with this kinda just improvising.

  • ...
11
 35
 1,768

Chapter 4 - Admittance

Rainbow flipped through her notes. She figured she wouldn't remember anything if she just read it so she wrote down notes to help here remember.

It was surprisingly hard...or not, this is Rainbow Dash.

She read over them to see if she missed anything.

- The first step to dealing with a crush is admitting it.
- yeah yeah, been there, done that
- when admitting your feelings, don't just bring it up randomly. bring it up during a visit or over lunch
- I do have those weekly reading sessions with Twilight, that would be good time to bring it up
- try to set the moment with a gift, maybe some flowers or chocolates
-Or a book. That would probably be the best. But then some flowers as well can't hurt...
- when admitting your feelings, keep calm and level headed
- I dunno,level-headed isn't really my thing...I guess I can try
- If you are rejected, try not to make a big deal of it. A broken heart can be hard, but you will get over it, and you don't want to make your crush feel bad
- yeah, of course, I can handle rejection...i think

'I think I've got everything...'


A few days later, Rainbow was approaching the library holding a new book form AK Yearling under her wing as well as a bouquet of flowers. She bit her lip and take a deep breathe as she knocked on the door.

"Hi Rainbow! How's the romance research goin'?" Twilight asked.

"Uh, yeah, heh, uh, pretty good. I think I'm ready to admit to my crush..." she said.

"That's great!" Twilight went from happy to surprised as she looked towards Rainbow's wing. "What's that?"

"Huh? Oh, uh, I um, brought you something," Rainbow rubbed the back of her head sheepishly. "Can we go inside?"

"Oh, right, of course!" she said, backing away and letting Rainbow walk in.

"So what is it?" she asked, sitting down on the couch next to Rainbow.

Rainbow lifted her wing and brought out the flowers, handing them to Twilight, blushing slightly.

"Ohmygosh, Rainbow, thank you so much!" Twilight said, all of a sudden giving Rainbow a giant hug.

"Heh, it's nothing, really," Rainbow said, trying to hide the blush on her face. "I'm just glad you don't already have it!"

"I haven't been able to leave the library for a few days. I've been doing some research."

"Well, I also got you these," Rainbow said, holding out the flowers.

"W-wow Rainbow...I'm touched..." Twilight said, shocked, as she took the flowers. "And they're lavender as well, y favourite. How did you know?"

"You're my friend. It's my j0ob to know this stuff!" Rainbow said.

"Well, thank you Rainbow. Now let's get reading this book!"


"Hey, T-Twi?" Rainbow asked nervously.

"Hm? What's up?" she asked, looking up from the book.

"I h-have to tell you s-something..."

"What is it? s something wrong?" Twilight asked, getting a little worried.

"Uh...not necessarily...you see, um...for a wile I've been having...feelings. I didn't know why, I just shrugged it off but...well...it turned out to be...more. It's nly gotten more extreme as time went on...Twilight I...I think I've...um...I've fallen in love with you!" Rainbow exclaimed, giving Twilight a kiss. It was only about a second long, but it felt like an eternity to Rainbow. sparks flew as their lips connected.

Twilight was shocked. 'W-what? She...she has a crush on...me?' she thought.

Rainbow jumped off, realizing what she had done. "Twilight, I, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, I didn't realize, I, I..." she shut her eyes and ran out, trying to prevent tears from filling her eyes.

"R-Rainbow wait!" Twilight reached after her, but the pegasus was long gone. She put a hoof to her lips, still feeling the surprisingly soft touch of Rainbow's, blushing. "Rainbow Dash..."

Author's Note:

I've given up trying to make these longer. I'll start working on the next one right now though.