• Published 29th Apr 2015
  • 2,604 Views, 30 Comments

Good morning, Princess! - starfox365



Rarity jumped a bit, opening an eye hazily to look at what she had magicked. Somehow, a white wing was stuck underneath her.    Wait.    A white....wing? / Raricorn/Twicorn ship, sad later, rated for possible fluff later.

  • ...
15
 30
 2,604

Ch. 1 - Good Morning, Princess!

Chapter 1

Good morning, Princess!


Ponyville was quiet, the sun had not yet breached the eastern skyline but was lingering on the edge of the horizon, the moon at about an equal position on the opposite side of Equestria. Each was lightly misted over, and the sky was still dark.

Rarity rolled over in her sleep, moaning softly as she resisted wakefulness. The sunlight filtered in through her dancing curtain, it's silken form being gently lifted by the breeze. She had been laying on her stomach nearly all the night, and as she rolled onto her back, she felt a pillow shoved under her back. She used her magic lazily to try and yank it out, and found that whatever she was yanking was attached to her.

"Ow!" Rarity jumped a bit, opening an eye hazily to look at what she had magicked. Somehow a white wing was stuck underneath her.

Wait.

A white....wing? She bolted upright, and nearly instantly, two large wings popped from her back with an almost comical spring like action.

She turned in circles in her bed, chasing the foreign objects on her back.

She finally caught one of them with the reach of her hooves and pulled it towards her. It hurt. Yep, it was definitely attached. She jumped off the bed, nearly toppling as her wings set her off balance. She galloped shakily, her rollers bobbing in her hair, over to her vanity and tilted the mirror down a bit. She gasped in shock as she turned her body a bit. She had wings! She...she was an alicorn!

She must tell someone! She must do something! This was madness! But she...she mustn't panic!

Even as she told herself not to, she found her breathing rate increasing. She had to talk herself into calming down. Okay, first of all....

She forced her wings shut through an incredible amount of concentration. Sweet Celestia, it was strange having the new appendages. She looked back in the vanity and went about beautifying herself as normal as she could. Her horn was a little longer, which was also odd, so it was a little different to brush her hair.

When she was satisfactorily beautified, she wrapped a fabulous silken cloak about her shoulders and bolted out the door, heading right for the first pony she knew needed to know--Twilight.

She galloped up to the new castle, knowing it would be locked as the sun was barely raising, a thin shimmer of fog filled the air. She reached for the door knocker and pounded it furiously, looking about worriedly, not wanting any pony to see her as she used every fiber of her being to prevent those springs winding in her wings from popping up.

Far across town, still barely used to sleeping in a magnificent new castle and her new bed, was the princess Twilight Sparkle. As Twilight shifted in her bed under the covers she kept letting out unsatisfied groans as she continued to attempt to find the perfect place to lay for the final few minutes she would get in her bed until the sun was high enough in the sky that she would actually have to get up. But she just couldn't get comfortable! Every time she turned over she bed only seemed to get worse and worse. Her blankets weren't doing much for her either which only made her angrier.

So in a final move of anger she opened her eyes to see that she wasn't in her bedroom at all. She was in the castle library...yet again, on the floor midst a few unraveled scrolls and a few open books here and there.

She leaned up and gave her body a good stretch and let her bones pop a few times and then she felt pain of sleeping in such an awkward position on her back come full force all over her. She groaned and got herself up.

Twilight slowly and groggily made her way past the throne room near the entrance of the Castle and started to make her way to her bedroom and then her bathroom to get herself ready for the day. As if to add to the mare's morning discomfort and soreness, there was a sudden loud, obnoxious knocking that boomed from the main door, causing her to wince with every pound. She had an inkling to not open the door and just go on her way but she supposed, as a princess, she really couldn't do that. Even though she did look rather ridiculous.

Her mane and tail were both a mess but she didn't care at this point. She slowly made her way over to the door and again...slowly opened it. Before she could see who it was she let out a yawn and closed her eyes, blinking groggily. When she was finished she saw her friend, Rarity. A little too early for her liking on this day, but she supposed she couldn't turn away a friend. But she was rather dressed up...did she forget something she was supposed to do this morning? There wasn't anything on her calendar...There was no way she could have.

"Oh...hey Rarity," She said in groggy tone with half open eyes. She tried her best to smile to her but only got this kind of half grin. "What...uh..what brings you by? Isn't it a little early..?"

"Twilight, I have to tell you someth—EEK!!" Right as Rarity was about to speak, the springs in her new found wings popped open, sending the cloak which had been covering her flying into the air, where it loftily floated to the ground. Rarity blinked several times as her wings stood out to her sides, stiff and spread eagle.

She did not say anything, biting her lip a moment before remembering her silk cloak was now on the ground. She didn't move but just drew her eyes over to where the cloak laid and used her magic to pick it up and set it back on her back, though just laying over the top of the base of her wings, as she couldn't seem to get them to close again.

She was beginning to feel more and more unnerved and self conscious as the sun was climbing ever higher, and the fog was starting to clear up, "Let me inside!"

Without much grace, she shoved past her friend and into the castle, barreling her aside to slam the door shut, leaning against it with her wings spread wide. She sighed and slumped her haunches to the ground, not really certain what to say to Twilight, as the purple princess stared at her, still clearly still half asleep, so she muttered softly, under her breath, "Twilight...I....I woke up this way!"


Author's Note:

A/N: What could it mean?! You'll have to read on to find out! :)
So, this....thing, as it may be....first of all, is based off of an extended, detailed roleplay between Flipthetables on WhitetailWoods and myself. It is technically a shipping fic, but I hope you stick around for the story! I'll try to keep it updated...there's a lot, lot, lot more written, so...look forward to it, if you like it! It's my first pony fic I've actually posted...hope you like it, again!Thanks, everyone....

Sorry for the excessive ellipses.