• Published 28th Apr 2015
  • 700 Views, 9 Comments

Everything must fall - GrimBolt



It's three months into the war, and no victory is within sight. The Solar Empire is slowly spreading their influence over Equestria, and the New Lunar Republic is in serious need of a miracle.

  • ...
3
 9
 700

Chapter 2: The Lunar Kingdom

We finally made it to the Lunar Kingdom. We landed in the hanger around what seemed to be around midnightish. I decide to poke Dashie’s arm to wake her up.

“... I SWEAR TO GOD I DIDN’T KILL ANYBODY!” Dashie was always a bit high strung during her naps. Especially now with the war and everything.

“Relax silly, it’s only me!” I give her what feels to be my most innocent smile. She looks at me with an annoyed look.

“Screw you Pinkie!” She punched my arm in a friendly manner. Dashie jumps up from her seat on the chopper stretching her arms. “Damn, how long was that trip from Ponyville?” She sounds groggy, and I can understand.

“Oh it’s only been about two hours. An hour more if you count the amount of time since we landed. You are the most sleepiest sleeper I've ever known.” It's true, she really does sleep heavy. Being in a chopper isn't exactly the quietest thing in the world. Neither is the hanger.

“It’s been that long?” Dashie’s voice cracks “Oh damn. I promised Scoots that I would train her how to Lazy Boy Backflip! Seeya Pinkie” She gives me an arm punch and runs towards the gym, jumping over a pile of crates.

I guess it’s just me for the rest of the day. I left Gummy with Fluttershy. I really wish I didn’t do that. I usually hang out with Dashie when I’m in the kingdom. I start to think about all the different possibilities for fun. I could go prank somebody. No wait everybody gets mad at me if I prank them during their “important” tasks. Well that’s a def… what was that?

“Oh I’m terribly sorry my dear.” Discord. The mischievous magician that joined the Republic. Discord straightens his shit brown suit and gives me this weird look.

“Discord." I give him the meanestest look I could muster. The look on his face is telling me otherwise.

“Pinkie, you know scary isn’t one of your strongest points.” His tone seems mischievous but dapper as always. “Now this-” he points a closed fist at me- “Is a scary thing!” I flinch as he opens his hand, but only hear the coo of a bird.

“Wow, how did you fit that in your hand?” I said that a little too enthusiastically. Discord has a sly look on his eyes.

“Ah-ah-ah my dear. A magician never reveals his secrets.” Discord whistles and the dove flies back into his sleeve. I wonder how he always does that. “So what are you doing in the hangar at this hour, hmm? Causing mischief I presume.” I shake my head.

“Dischord, I’ve learned not to prank anyone in the hanger. The pilots are always like a bungee chord that’s stretched out this much.” I widened my arms like when Carrot or Pound say “This Big.”

“Well then that would have been better to know earlier.” I don’t know how but he timed it so well that as if on cue, I heard a small pop and a scream from what I presume is Soarin.
“Well that is my cue to leave.” Dischord throws down a smoke bomb and disappears. I wonder how he does that. Since I think they’ll blame this on me, I should go.

I really want to hang with somebody. I wonder what Flutterbutter’s doing? Maybe tending to Angel or the other animals? I don’t know but she’s probably busy. Maybe AJ? No she’s already high strung enough with all the mechanics and such. I can’t chill with Dashie because she is teaching Scootaloo the really complex sounding trick that I cannot name. Was it Lame Man? Or was it a Lazy Kid? I really don’t know, but all I know is I’ve seen Spitfire teach Dashie one. It seems pretty complicated. I could always hang out with Derpy. Yeah that seems like a good idea. I also promised that I’d throw her a party. Aw but she’s busy with kitchen duty. Damn muffin night.

“Would Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash please report to the briefing room. No questions. Just come.” Well that can’t be good. I wonder why they would need us? Give or take the Briefing Room? Last time I was there was because of the pranks I pulled constantly on the Pilots. They’re so gullible. Well off to the BR. Hopefully there is a reason.
I never realized how nice the kingdom can be at night. With Jacky teaching Pound and Carrot how to… take apart a gun. Well, that’s necessary now I guess. Why does she trust them with it more than me? I’ll never know.

Hey this is the BR. Victory for me. How did I beat Dashie here. She’s not napping on the holo table. Maybe still teaching Scoots? I don’t know. Wait is that Luna?

“Princess,”- I salute awkwardly- “I’m here and alive!” Why do I say random stuff?
“At ease Pinkie.” I have to remember to not be overly formal with her. I put my hand down from my head.

“Yo sorry I’m late!” Dashie finally made it! Yay. She must’ve had to run all the way from the Gym. “What did I”- she stops to catch her breath-”miss.” She’s really worried I can tell. She’s never been late to anything because of speed.

“Don’t worry Dashie. I just got here.” She gives me a nod. It’s amazing she even heard my whisper. Luna starts to talk
“Right so now that you’re ready let’s begin.” Luna turns on the holo table. I always loved this thing. It’s so fun!

“OOOO! Is this a map of the Crystal Empire? This is so cool!” I look over to Dashie who gives me a look. I know that’s the signal to pipe down. She starts to talk.

“Princess, didn’t we lose the Crystal Empire a few days ago? Why are you showing us this?” She’s genuinely confused. I can tell because she’s tilting her head to the left.

“We’re showing you this because we’re taking it back and I need a team.” The princess is smirking. I know what that means. It makes me laugh.

“Wait you mean?”

“Yes, you two are apart of that team.”

“AW YEAH!!!!!!”

Author's Note:

This is the second chapter that actually is crucial to the story. Sorry if the characterization is off.