• Published 28th Apr 2015
  • 700 Views, 9 Comments

Everything must fall - GrimBolt



It's three months into the war, and no victory is within sight. The Solar Empire is slowly spreading their influence over Equestria, and the New Lunar Republic is in serious need of a miracle.

  • ...
3
 9
 700

Chapter 1: The Pink Prankster and The Prismatic Speedster

Ponyville isn’t what it used to be. For one it feels a little more urban than it was before. Secondly the guards patrolling was a super big change. I look in my bag to make sure I have everything. Party Cannon: check, aerosol cans: check, stencils: check. Everything I need. All in good fun as I say. I memorized the city by heart.

I evade the local bar, as the guards are always there and smile. I finally made it to Twilight’s old library. I walk up, reaching in my pack.

“Stop!” The guard commands. I don’t comply and take out my “Party Cannon.” Well really the “Party Cannon” is the thing I named the grenade pistol that I painted blue and pink. Fortunately I remembered to put in the single person “Blowout” grenade. If I needed the biggest explosions I use the “Grand Gala” grenades. I point my PC up to his face, and hear the satisfying “pop”.

The guard was still twitching a little bit as I put a cupcake on his body. I walk up to the Library and grab out the stencil. I tape it up and take out the aerosol can. After I finish I admire the work I did. Nothing big, a cupcake with the symbol of the “New Lunar Republic” on it. I really love cupcakes, like a lot.

My pet baby alligator Gummy bites my finger. Well more like he gums it. It’s cute how he tries to be scary even though he has no teeth. I pet him, and put him back in my bag.

As I start to pack up, I feel a stern hand on my shoulder. Out of reflex I elbow my assailant and pull out my pink bowie knife and point it at my attacker. I sigh. It was my best friend, parkour specialist, and the captain of the Weather air team, Rainbow Dash.

“Oh come on Dashie you know not to scare me like that,” I giggle, “what are you doing so far away from the hangers anyway?” The Library was one of the Solar Empire’s bases. Fortunately they were addressing a big uprising in the Crystal Empire. They usually kept the recruits to guard the Library in this case. Dashie gives me an insulted look.

"Aw come on Pinkie, I know that when you put on that pink hoodie of your's, you're going to cause trouble. I just want in." Dashie blows a strand of prismatic hair out of her face. She has a habit of doing that.

"Well you missed just about all of it. I just wanted to deface this wall.”

Dashie laughs and gives me a friendly punch in the arm. I look over to see a couple of guards running towards us.

"Well now might be the time to do your parkour." I fire my PC and start to run. Dashie looks behind her, grabs out one of her throwing knives and hits one. I look back and see one guard screaming at the loss of his arm, and another holding his cojones screaming in pain.

We run through the crowd of people, occasionally bumping into very confused looking civilians. I look around for something to climb up. Damn this is darker than I remember. I find a fire escape in an alley. Why is everything in an alley?

“Over there! To your left!” Dashie nods and swerves left jumping over one or two cars on the way. I run after her making sure I don’t trip. Dashie jumps onto a dumpster under the fire escape, and climbs up. I attempt to do the same, but miss the ledge by just a teensy weensy bit. Dashie grabs my arm.

“Aw come on, we practiced this like a million times.” I know she’s just mocking me. Dashie pulls me up and we start our climb. After getting on top, we sit down and take a break.

"Well, this isn't how I remember Ponyville at all.” It was true everything has changed. Twilight our once great friend, has been working for the Solar Empire. Rarity the Fashionista joined them as well, as she loved fancy shmancy stuff. As for me, Dashie, Flutters, and AJ, we joined the New Lunar Republic. We call for an evac plane.

“Derpy! Get up silly, we need you to send a transport to Ponyville.” I hear a “thud” that couldn’t have been good. After some time rustling and chomping of what I presume to be muffins, Derpy answers.

“The plane is on it’s way. Eeta five minutes.” Dashie face palms and immediately corrects her.

“Derpy, it’s ‘ETA’ you don’t actually pronounce it. Also make sure that you send it to the right place this time. Last time you sent it straight to Canterlot.” I remember that. We were in Manehattan trying to see if Celestia was making any progress there. Manehattan became Solar Empire within a few days.

“I just don’t know what went wrong.” Derpy said that a lot. I nod at her and we immediately jolt. We near the edge of our building and jump.

It’s just a hop, skip and a jump. I tell myself as a feel my feet leave the roof. I barely make it, having to grab the ledge and pull myself up. Silly me. I’ve only been doing this for a year, and I’m not very good.

After a couple more near-death jumps, we make it to Fluttershy’s old cottage. We look at the spectacle before us. Fluttershy’s cottage once a peaceful place where one feels loved has turned into a Tartarus on Equestria. The colors have been changed to a darker tone, and the windows have been bared. The bird houses on the outside have been replaced by security cameras. It was the place where interrogations and the executions were held. I remember how many people we lost to the warden, Iron Will. He was ruthless, and when you don’t comply, he makes sure you regret ever being born.

That’s how I lost the Cakes. Before they were taken, they told me to take Carrot and Pound as their older sister. They both call me “Sis” now. They grow bigger every day, and now they are even being trained by AJ to be engineers. We sneak by, ignoring the screams of pain coming from inside. To go into the cottage intentionally now is a death sentence.Once in the Everfree Forest me and Dashie hunker down. As we wait for the evac we just chat.

"So, how’s the fight between you and Flutters doing?” I ask, eating one of my spare cupcakes. I pass one to Dashie.

"I’m still doing some damage control after I completely forgot to feed Angel. You know I was helping Scoots with her fighter." Dashie smiles, takes the cupcake with one hand, and starts to twirl a knife around her finger with the other. “How are Carrot and Pound?”

"They’re overall fine. Carrot asked me about what happened to their parents the other day. I just told her that they were eaten by a giant cake monster.” That was a bad idea as now they won’t go to sleep at night. Stupid impulses.

After chatting and laughing some more, we heard the propeller of a chopper.

"Hooray, Derpy sent the chopper to the right place!" I have to remember to throw Derpy a party after this. As it lands we pick up our packs and hop in.

"So you girls have fun down there?" I recognize that voice. Dashie does too as her jaw was completely disjointed. In the seat opposite from us was none other than Spitfire, Admiral of the Wonderbolts air team.

“S-sorry ma’m, my friend Pinkie was just doing some liberation work. I just wanted to make sure she was ok and…” Dashie was frantic to try and impress her idol.

"Don’t try to justify this for either of you.” Dashie has an expression of awe on her face. She completely ignores the circumstances and enjoyed the moment with her idol.

I look down from the height we were at. As Dashie talked with her idol (well more like trying to ask questions and being constantly ridiculed about being here) I look down and admire the terrain. The forest seems less intimidating than it did before the war. A lot more… controlled and tame compared to the savage woods they used to be.

“... And you Pinkie. This is the third time that you did a little “Liberation” against the Solar Empire. We can’t keep on having to save you like this, understand?” I nod quickly.

“Okie Dokey Loki!” Spitfire gives me a confused but stern look. I nodded my head happily and started to sing. Dashie dozed off. This is going to be a long trip.

Author's Note:

This is the first of probably many chapters. So yea, feedback wanted. :pinkiehappy: