• Published 24th May 2012
  • 620 Views, 27 Comments

A Burning Desire - FlameWing



This is the first page of my first fic, hit me up if you like it and I will continue the story

  • ...
9
 27
 620

Confrontation

"What?" Flamewing could not believe her ears. It wasn't possible, was it? She had always believed that Dash was straight, but this meant...

"Do I have to spell it out for you?" Dash raised an eyebrow, giving Flamewing her best 'you silly little filly' look. "I'm gay, Flame."

"Really!?" As Flame Wing heard Rainbow Dash say this, it opened new doors in Flamewing’s life. She would never be as awesome as her idol, but now they might just be together.

"Yeah, Flame, I thought you knew." What was Rainbow Dash talking about?

"Honestly, Dash, how could I?" She nervously said, "I haven't seen you in-"

"Now don't go lying Flame, you see me every week." Rainbow Dash said knowingly.

"How... never mind." She shook her head. She must not be as sneaky as she thought. "You know what I mean."

"Yeah, I do. It has been a while, hasn't it?"


It had been years since Flamewing had last seen Rainbow at pegasus flight school in cloudsdale. After flying to protect Fluttershy's honor and showing Flamewing how it felt to be second, then how it felt to love shortly thereafter, the two had become fast friends. They would spend a lot of time together, each moment that passed by increasing Flamewing's devotion to Rainbow. until one day Rainbow just...disappeared. Flamewing had not seen her at school after that day and not seen her outside of school either.


"Yeah, it has...are you seeing anypony?" Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! She might as well just scream out 'I LOVE YOU RAINBOW DASH' while she was at it!

"No, I’m not, why?" Had she really not caught on? It was so obvious! If Pinkie Pie of all ponies knew, why didn’t Rainbow?

"Oh, no reason. No reason at all," Behind her, Pinkie facehoofed.

"What’s up Pinkie?"

"Oh nothing Dashie, you'll figure it out." Pinkie smiled kindly, "You'll figure it out eventually, and as for what you were asking me about, Flame, I say go for it" Pinkie winked, Flamewing blushed.

"Ooh!" Rainbow dash exclaimed "Who's the lucky mare?"

"She is the most beautiful, talented, amazing pegasus pony ever to fly across Equestria's skies," Flamewing stared over Rainbow's shoulder, talking dreamingly "She is fast, kind, and gentle when she needs to be. She is loyal, and is so much better than me in every way it is not funny!"

"Hey! Don’t sell yourself short, I'm sure whoever this pony is, that she isn't any better than you at all!" Rainbow Dash came to her defense.

"I'm pretty sure your opinion would change if you knew who this pony is."

"Well who is it?" Rainbow Dash asked wantingly

"She would never have me, she would never take me! I’m just boring, plain old me."

"Hey! Your nothing but boring!"

"The pony I am in love with is awesome! She has saved Equestria time and time again! She...she...she never leaves her friends hanging."

"I always say that! I think I like this pony."

"Do I have to spell it out for you Rainbow?!” Flame Wing pretty much shouted. “It’s so obvious, even Pinkie Pie figured it out!”

"I think you will, because I have no ide-mmph!" Rainbow's sentence was cut off by the feeling of a pair of lips pressed against hers. Pinkie Pie and the rest of Sugar Cube Corner turned their heads to see Flame Wing and Rainbow Dash sharing a kiss.

“Your special mare, was, me?” Rainbow Dash asked. Flame Wing nodded a slow nod. “I guess I can’t argue with that,” Rainbow Dash whispered.


Thanks to FlutterStar for editing 