• Published 28th Apr 2015
  • 449 Views, 2 Comments

Music And Love - NightmareAngel



Dan Smith and Sunset Shimmer fell head over heels in love, both in bands adored at Canterlot High but the band begins to take its toll on Sunset.

  • ...
9
 2
 449

Chapter 10

Sunset runs through the hospital, looking desperately floor someone to help her. She slips and thuds to the floor, her large stomach taking most of the force. She groans in pain and is suddenly lifted off the floor.

"Dan!" She sighs in relief and follows Dan through the hospital. He leads her into a room with a bed and three doctors. Before she knows what's happening she's laid on the bed with a bright light on her and the doctors stood around her.

"Is it alive?" One mutters. The other two stay silent. Sunset looks up.

"Is something wrong? What's happening? Why wouldn't it be alive?!" And tries to sit up but Dan carefully pushes her back down. She catches a glimpse of blood and freaks out. Trying desperately to get up, two nurses run in and join Dan in holding her down. Instead she starts screaming.

"GIVE IT TO ME! TELL ME WHAT'S HAPPENING!" she yells, tears now streaming down her face.

"Would you like to hold him?" Dan asks with a smile. Something about his smile seems off but she nods anyway, reaching out her now free arms. Everyone grins at her as the newborn is placed in them. She smiles down at it and clings on tight, expecting it to wriggle. But instead it stays still.

"Congratulations miss Shimmer, it's a boy!" Once of the nurses tells her. She look nervously to his chest.

"He isn't breathing. Dan why isn't he breathing?! Someone help him breathe!" She starts to yell again, panic rising up like bile.

"He died when you slipped." Dan tells her calmly, stroking the small patch of matted hair on top of the newborns head.

Sunset jolts awake, looking around the room that isn't hers. Various pictures on the wall, a bookshelf filled with neatly stacked books, a keyboard stood in the corner of the room, sheets of words scattered across the floor and among those sheets a boy slumped over, glasses sliding down his nose. He looks over to her and smiles, turning down his music.

"Are you okay?" He asks her. Sunset nods and smiles back.

"Will you lie with me?" She whispers. Without a word he gets up and lies on the bed, wrapping his arms protectively around her waist.

"Loving can heal

Loving can mend your soul

And it's the only thing that I know

I swear it will get easier

Remember that with every piece of ya

And it's the only thing we take with us when we die" Dan quietly sings in her ear along with the music coming from his iPod. She smiles softly, enjoying the moment, feeling safe with Dan.

Author's Note:

The song Dan sings is Photograph by Ed Sheeran if anyone is wondering, thank you for baring with me while I try to get myself back in order, work out what I'm doing with my writing :twilightsmile: