• Published 28th Apr 2015
  • 805 Views, 43 Comments

Ten Little Balloons - menameh



When Pinkie throws a party, things get messy.

  • ...
5
 43
 805

Chapter IV: Then There Were Seven

Fluttershy shook in the corner, the CMC all asleep with Spike holding them. Twilight sitting drinking tea with Pinkie. The silence was dark. The room was tense. This party had truly change for the worse. It had only been yesterday since the announcement of everyone's imminent death. Twilight looked over to Spike holding the girls like a dragon protecting it's hoard it was quite adorable.

"Despite the death, this is quite decent." Twilight spoke up.

Pinkie nodded calmly and took a sip of tea.

Fluttershy lifted her head and mumbled. "Applejack."

Pinkie and Twilight heard her and looked up the stair. Pinkie did look worried, "She's been up there for a while now."

Twilight sipped her tea, "I'm sure she's fine no one else is up there." She looked into the pot and cursed softly. "We're out of tea, I'll get more." She got up and made her way to the kitchen.

Pinkie got up and made her way to the bathroom in the lobby. "Too much tea." She whined.

Suddenly everyone heard a scream come from up stairs and quickly Spike rushed upstairs leaving Fluttershy and the CMC. Twilight rushed out of the kitchen and Pinkie fell out of the bathroom all looking at the stairs.

Spike finally made his way down stairs with a grim look on his face. All he could muster to say was, "And then there were seven."

Twilight then recited the whole line. "Ten little balloons, two now in heaven. One said they would stay there and then there were seven."

Pinkie then pulled up her pants and made her way upstairs to see AJ limply laying over Rarity's body with a pair of scissors in her ears with blood flowing out over Rarity's chest and pooled in her bellybutton. Pinkie then ran out and threw up in the hallway at the sight of her friend dead.
She made her way down the stairs and looked at Applebloom being held by Spike. Pinkie then tilted her head down in sadness. Applebloom then began to tear and hold Spie closer to her as she wept for her sister's death.

~

Twilight then stood in the crime scene and studying the body with Pinkie. Twilight leaned in close and rubbed her finger on the handle and twisted her fingers together. "More of that dust." She then put her tongue on her finger and smacked her lips. "Mmm it's sweet. Probably the edible sparkle powder."

Pinkie then looked around the room. "It doesn't look like there was a struggle either." The room looked completely unscathed. "She was taken from behind."

Twilight grinned at Pinkie's observation. "Very good Pinkie. We still know enough to point fingers yet though."

They made their way down stairs to see Fluttershy still in the corner looking completely shaken.

Twilight then walked up to Fluttershy and held her shoulder. "How did you know?"

Pinkie quickly rushed to Fluttershy's aid, "What are accusing her for?"

"I'm not, it's just that just a few moments before AJ was killed Fluttershy said her name. I'm curious how she knew."

Fluttershy looked up at Twilight with sad, angry eyes. "I just knew," She started quietly. "The poem said 'One said they stay there.'"

"Very observant Fluttershy." Twilight continued, "I think you should get some rest."

"I-I'm fine." She spoke shakingly.

Twilight returned to her chair and sat sipping more tea.

Pinkie followed suite and offered the now sisterless CMC some donuts to cheer them up. They graciously accepted devouring each donut carefully trying to see if there was any of the Flowered Death on it.

They all sat in silence and the tension grew to much for any of them and Pinkie then played some music so that they could try and relax. It didn't help though. It actually made the children cry and Spike holding them all. Twilight quietly sipped her tea listening to the music while Fluttershy curled into a ball weeping quietly. Pinkie just lowered her head in shame as the melodic tones played on.

"Ten little balloons," Twilight started breaking the awkward tension replacing it with a depression air, "two now in heaven. One said they'd stay there and then there were seven."

Pinkie then sipped her tea and thought to herself. "Who's next?"