• Published 6th May 2015
  • 329 Views, 3 Comments

Different Year, Different Friends - NightmareAngel



Before the cutie mark crusaders Sweetie Belles life was very different, and so were her friends.

  • ...
 3
 329

Chapter 3

"What do you want to be when you're older?" Sweetie Belle asked her friends, slowly sipping her milkshake. They all thought for a moment.

"Rich and famous," Diamond Tiara told them with a grin, making the two fillies roll their eyes at her.

"But famous for what?" Sweetie Belle asked her.

"Modelling. Like Fleur Dis Lee." She said with a smile. The three thought of the famous white unicorn who had been an idol of sorts for Diamond. Sweetie turned to Silver Spoon.

"What about you?"

"Uhm. I guess I just want to be a planner for important ponies. Attend all the popular Canterlot events like the grand galloping gala and help organize events like fashion shows." She said, a dreamy look filling her eyes for a moment before snapping to Sweetie Belle.

"What do you want to do?"

"I want to be a fashion designer like my sister." She said with confidence as though it was all she ever wanted to do. At that moment and crash could be heard from outside. Everyone in the cafe ran outside to see what had happened. A young orange pegasus lifted up her head and smiled nervously at everyone.

"New trick, didn't go quite right," she laughed nervously. Everyone groaned and trotted back inside except for Mrs Cake who stayed to help the filly out of the bin.

"Isn't she in our class?" Diamond asked. Sweetie Belle stared at her, trying to work out who she was.

"Scootaloo. She doesn't always make it though. Guess it's because she has no parents to get her there." Silver Spoon muses. She begins to talk about rumors surrounding the pegasus with Diamond, but Sweetie doesn't join in as she usually would. Instead she stares at the girl who is fixing a wheel on her scooter. She seemed different but not in a bad way. Her eyes were full of hope but also an annoyance. She hopped on her scooter and began to wildly flap her wings, propelling her forwards. Her wings were clearly too small.

"Must be why she can't fly." Diamond interrupts Sweetie Belles thoughts.

"A pegasus who can't fly. I'm not surprised no one wants her." Diamond sniggers. Anger boils up inside Sweetie Belle and she takes and a long drink of her milkshake to try and keep it down. She felt a strange connection to the girl for some reason. She knew what she had to do. She had to meet her.