• Published 20th May 2015
  • 858 Views, 9 Comments

Divided By The Flames - New Dawn



(Continuation of Fire Upon Strings) Adrian and Jake were brothers. Keyword WERE. Seperated by a "war", They parted ways. One trying to get home, another set to stop a plot for revenge. One woman will try to bring them together... and maybe back home.

  • ...
2
 9
 858

Two: Derpy's "Grotto" and Drunk Shenenigains

Me and Derpy stood in front of a wooden door. It's designed very interestingly. It has both a hourglass, scratched out if I may add, A stream of seven bubbles and a single place for a new engraving.

"Here we are..."

I gulp and push open the door. A gust of wind blows an unhealthy amount of dust in my face. As I walk in, the smell of old food penetrated the depths of my nostrils, almost making me want to throw up on the inside.

“Well, It looks sort of well? There’s a lot of clocks however…” I say.

We walked down a small hallway into a room. I assume this is Dinky’s room. All the stuffed animals sitting around were torn and wrecked. The curtains were shred and the bed’s insides were pulled out.

“W-what happened? It wasn’t like this when I was last here!” Derpy said, a little shocked and saddened by the condition of the home.

“She must have taken her anger out on the room…” I reply solemnly. I pick up a drawing that looked very recent. It had four words on it.

I MISS YOU MOMMY.

“Oh Dinky…… I’m so sorry…” Derpy told herself. She was now hugging me again. For comfort this time… I think. She was heartbroken anyway.

“We’re gonna find her… She’s bound to be somewhere…” I whisper to her. As I turned around, I noticed a couple of letters on the table that were unread. One of them with a royal seal. I went over there to have a look with her. The opening words changed my mood rather quickly.

You are Coronally invited…

Oh god, I can probably tell what’s going to happen next. Lo and behold, it seemed like we were both invited to come with the girls and Adrian to the Royal Wedding. Well, at least this gave me a chance to kick Jake’s ass once I see his sorry face!

“Well, Do you want to look around much longer? Or is there too many painful memories?” I ask.

Derpy remains silent and looks at a broken picture frame on the wall. It had both Dinky and Derpy standing next to a brown maned stallion. Oh god, Is that the… Please don’t tell me he was the Doctor in this universe!

“I’ll miss you, Time Turner.” Derpy said as she began to trot out the home again. Damn it, HE WAS THE DOCTOR!! NO! Oh god… There could be the possibility that he was just a normal stallion named Time Turner… Ugh… I shouldn’t focus so much on that right now. The whole situation was giving me a small headache.


The Next Day (Canterlot)


Grrr…… WHERE THE BLOODY HELL WAS THAT COWARD!?! Jake should be around here somewhere!!

“I swear, I’m going to kill him…” I mutter.

“Uhh…… Ms. Sakuya?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m kind of hungry. I think there’s a bakery around the corner.” Derpy tells me and looks at me with her signature googley eyes.

Damn it, why do the feels have to hit me now?

“Do you want to come with me?” Okay, honestly people, how can I NOT say yes to that Face!!


“Hnng…Ok.” I tell her.

“Yay!! Thanks, Sakuya!!!” She tells me, hugging me again.

“I wonder if they have the giant muffins that I’d see at that warehouse store… Those were good…” I mumble to myself. As we continue to walk up, I watch Derpy as she approaches the Muffin Stand and asked for an order.

“One Ketchup muffin, please?”

“Uh… mrs, Sorry but we haven’t received our shipment from Caneighda yet. I’m so sorry.” The attendant says, just now marking said muffin off the chart. What went through my mind was basically muffin rage derpy. Laser eyes and everything.

“What was that? I don’t think I quite heard that right-.”

“I'm sorry Derpy, but ketchup flavored muffins only exist in... Caneighda?" I try to tell her. It was hard for me to understand him. Damn pony language and their pun based countries.

She looks down and sighs.

“Aww… do they have any Chocolate chip muffins?”

“Let me check…”

I internally groan until I hear something hit the floor. Footsteps… And not to mention the quick flash of light.

...Fuck.

“... We’re being watched… Footsteps.”

“Huh? How’d you know that?”

“Call it a detective’s intuition…”

I wait a full minute as a young boy steps out from around the corner. The most notable thing is that he’s wearing a full coat in the middle of spring. Or I think it’s spring… I’ll ask Derpy later.

“Sorry about that… I was trying to be cautious since I didn’t have any clue on where I ended up exactly.” He spoke.

Who is this kid? I thought there wasn’t any other humans here…

“It’s alright… I guess… So, What’s your name kid?” I ask.

“Nicko Nocte.”

I reel back in shock. Is he the one who went missing?

“Y-you’re… THAT Nicko?! The one that went missing alongside hundreds?!”

“Umm… Excuse me?” Nicko asked. “Did I somehow gain a reputation while I was gone? Because I’ve only been gone for seven years in my Equestria and it’s been almost over twenty years back home for me.”

I chuckle a little.“Allow me to explain. My name is Sakuya here… But back on earth it was Selene Harben, Detective in… I guess I can’t say training. I was put on the biggest case yet. I can’t go into details, but I assume you know. It was about over a hundred different cosplayers suddenly going missing.”

“...... Miss, I think you honestly gone head over heals with this. Besides, it’s not like you can find all the Displaced in the world and send them back home.” He says. “Besides, this sounds more like a personal investigation then one that would be assigned to you.”

Shit he’s good.

“You know kid, You’re pretty good.” I mutter to him.

“Umm, thanks?”

He pauses for a second.

“Quick question, do you know anyone here that goes by the name ‘Orpheus’?”

“Yeah. He’s the one I’ve been personally involving myself in this case with.” I reply, Toneless.

“Let me guess… He’s important to you?” Nicko asked, holding something that looked closely like an evoker.

“Spot on.”

Nicko grinned a little. “Okay, why don’t you catch me up to speed on everything because it seems like there’s a lot of information that I don’t know-.”

There’s a huge bang and a small piece of something pink falls from the sky. Shit.

“That’s not a good sign, is it?”

“Nnnope.”

“M-miss… Sakuya, I’m s-scared…” Derpy adds, hiding behind one of my legs. Nicko himself drew his sword as he saw something swarm onto the streets.

Changelings… And I still have no idea how to shoot fire.

"Changelings… Damn it. The LAST thing I expected… Although… This will give me a chance to break loose a little.” Nicko mutters

“Oh... This is bad! Why did this happen now?!” I shout, panicking. I try everything to focus my energy to do something. But that’s when I see this Nicko kid jump at the Changelings and attack them with some kind of magic. Which was unfamiliar to me… Looks like some kind of magic that would be in a card game.

Is that all you got you bug eyed freaks?” He asked them as he took a few more of them on with his sword. A few of them got towards me and Derpy and like on instinct, I shouted a single word.

"Maragi!” Flying my arms forward three spheres of fire were sent at the changelings.

“I can fight too you know!” I shout at him, smirking. I cast the spell again once more as more bug freaks hit the deck and the Sword Kid was looking at me now.

"Nice job. But something tells me that we got more incoming.” He said, looking around.

I see a few run away. Most likely to get cover. COWARDS!

“Any idea where the head honcho in charge might be?” I heard him continue off of his previous statement

“The castle most likely. If we’re where I think we are…” I reply.

He remains quiet for a second before starting to talk again.

“Great…… Well, this is going to be interesting. Sakuya, I got a plan.”

“Who the hell were you talking to?” I asked him.

“Eris… I’ll tell you later after were in a situation where we won’t get ourselves killed. Now, help me crank the catapult over here.” He says, walking over to said catapult. Just what the hell was this kid thinking though?

"Fine.” I mumble. Something made me think that whatever he was going to do was Batshit insane, but nevertheless, I went along with it. Once we had it all the way cranked, I told Derpy one thing.

“Should I be the one to shout it?” She looked at me with confusion.

“What? Whatev- Oh wait you mean like what ponies shout… Ummm.. Fire one or something like that?”

I nod.

“You can do it.. no wait, I wanna do it! No wait-”

“I’ll just do it.” I finish and watch the boy climb in.

“Alright, got it ready?” He asked us.

“Yep. FIRE ONE!” Derpy shouts.

… Can I just take this moment to face palm?

“Derpy! I told you that was my job to shout that!”

“Sorry…”

Before I could scold her any more, her hoof accidentally hit the release lever.

“Oops… I just don’t know what went wrong…”

“Crap.” I mutter as the boy sailed out of sight. For a moment, I thought I heard him shout “This is the best day of my life!!”

But things came around full circle once he made contact with the glass. “SAIL!!!”

“Looks like it our cue.” I mutter.

“Time to fly~!” She shouts, taking into the air.

“... NOOOOO!”

"Come on…”

"NOOOO!"

“Pleease!”

I whimper as she lifts me into the air.

“You’re not as heavy as I thought.” She mutters.

“Are you calling me FAT?!”

“N-no! Just…… pleasly plump or something like that?” A bright crimson decorates her face.

We soon entered the room and Derpy took up cover behind a fallen stone pillar as I land on the ground.

“Never letting myself get talked into flying lessons by Derpy…” I cough.

“WHO DARES TO STRIKE ME!!?! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!?”

“Miss,” I heard Nicko say. “I got 99 problems, but a bitch like you ain’t one of them.”

Damn, Chrysalis just got told!!! Do you need some aloe vera for that burn?!

Chrysalis’ eye twitches a bit. “You’re serious, right? You’re going to try to fight me?! I already won!”

“I think you haven’t realized that my kick broke your concentration. Which means your control over Mr. Armor is broken.”

“WHAT?!”

Oh crap, Now’s my chance! ROUNDHOUSE KICK, CHUCK NORRIS STYLE!!

“Oooh… That’s going to leave a mark.”

"They assaulted the queen!! Get ‘em!!”

“Aw… Fuck.” I mutter, trying to figure out a ready position.

Nicko, However, did something else entirely. He broke the green… goo? Holding Twilight, her friends and… Of course HE would get stuck!

"Hope you can fight because we might need backup.”

“W-who are you?” Twilight asked Faintly. God, did she sound weak. Must’ve taken a lot of magic out of her.

“Names Nicko Nocte. At your service.” The boy swung his sword at a few changelings before he bowed. Pfft… Showoff.

I manage to swat a few away with my wing as Twilight strikes up a conversation.

“Are.. You somehow related to…” Twilight was cut off as a changeling missed her by a mile. WEAK!

"Less talking, more fighting. We’re trying to buy Cadence time!! Not Socialize!!!”

Ok, Mother! Geez. Pushy.

"Sorry!” Twilight shouts as she shot a few with her magic. She then began to cast a shield spell. But all of a sudden, showoff kid slid under before it hit.

“What are you doing!?”

“What am I doing? I’m just getting started!!” Showoff retorted, Casting a spell and running to face the horde.

“YOU’RE STUPID!!”

“Am I?!” He cocks back at me, aquamarine magic forming in his fingertips as he executed another powerful spell that removed most of the horde in front of him. “LUNA… BLADE!!!”

Holy Shit, was that powerful. Maybe’s he’s not such a showoff.

The Mystical sword crashed into the ground, sending many foes flying into the wall. Twilight lowered the shield and now was my chance to scold him.

“Just… You could have gotten killed!”

“I took my brothers place to get encased in stone so he could defeat a madman. I’ve dealt with worse.”

“Wait, You were stuck in stone?!” Twilight shouts, slapping a hoof to her forehead.

“Uh yeah. Seven years. I got freed by my niece about a few days ago."

“So you’re his brother…” She mutters.

Wait, Ugh… I hate fatigue… It was plainly obvious! Wait… what was that about his brother? You know what? I honestly don’t give two shits about it right now. I’ve got too much on my plate as it is… Oh wait, Now’s the time Cadence and Shining make the love explosion. Wait, what the fuck is happening to Crysalis?!

The minute the shockwave hit her, She fell to the ground in a violent seizure. Her body was sent flying with her brethren all the way out of Canterlot into the unknown beyond.


I think.. She’s dead.. Oh...Well that got morbid really fast! I don’t think anyone else noticed… Damn my multitasking!

“Are you okay, miss?”

“Yes… Thank you.. Er.." Celestia says, standing up.

“Nicko. My name is Nicko.”

Celestia smiled warmly. “Thank you, Nicko.”

Now Nicko, or should I call him Nick? Anyways, Nicko, was now looking back at Twilight, who had a puzzling expression on her face. Don’t hurt yourself jerklight.

“Hunh? Is something wrong?”

“W-well.. It’s just that… Do you know anyone by the name of.. Anson?”

“You know my brother?” Wait… BROTHER!?!

“Well, Yeah… He did kinda save us from a crazy.. What did he call them…?”

“Esper? I thought it would be something along those lines.” Nicko said. “After all, we were both originally facing him until a jerk move by that guy had me jump in front of my brother as a human shield in order for him to survive. From then on was when my brother called upon Orpheus with this.”

“I see now… It makes a lot more sense that way...” Twilight says.

“For the record, when I woke up seven years later, I find out that he’s a father because his daughter was the one who freed me… and apparently is the reason why I’m here. But let’s worry about that later. I think a round two is in order for this Royal Wedding.”

A second later a rainbow burst zooms through the broken window.

“I heard that everypony was in Canterlot so- why are you all looking at me like that?!”

I facepalm. Something told me that I knew exactly where this was going.

“Where the buck have you been?” Adrian asks, an angry tone in his voice.

“Lookin’ for Dinks of course!”

“Dinks?” Nicko asks.

“Yeah. Dinky, Ya know?”

“Dinky?” Came a faint voice. Derpy steps out from where she was hiding. Everypony now looking at her with shocked expressions.

“Oh yeah… Bombshell time, Derpy is alive.”

“Oh my Gosh…”

“Dear Sweet Celestia…”

“I’m RIGHT HERE, you know!!” The Sun alicorn responded at her name being used for a curse word.

“H-has… She been found yet?” Derpy asked meekly.

Rainbow sadly shakes her head. The room falls silent once again. “No, but we’ll find her soon Derpy. I promise.”

The silence reigns until Rainbow breaks it again. “He’s still looking for her, ya know?”

"Wait… He? Do you mean Orpheus?” Nicko asked.

“Yep. He actually hasn’t slept at all... Nor eaten…”

Huh. Well, This is interesting...

“He’s stupid… But that also kinda makes him cute.” I chirp up.

Rainbow raised an eyebrow as she looked at me. “Who’s the new girl?”

“Sakuya. Konohana Sakuya.”

“O...kay. Moving on… What did I miss?”


“Cool story bro.” Rainbow replied after explanations have been made.

“Where’d you hear that?” Adrian asks, obviously bored.

“Orpheus.” She simply shrugs.

"Right… Your Sarcasm is not helping, Skittles.” Nicko said. “Because now comes the hard part. Sakuya, remember when you asked me about who I was talking to earlier?”

I slowly nod.

“Well, that’s the thing. I had told you already about my story, the people I met and my Partner Eris. The Draconequus that’s Discord’s daughter… Well, Eris is actually with me.”

The ponies erupt into choruses of “WHAT!”’s and “EXCUSE ME?!”’s as they all looked at Nicko. He just sighed. “Ever heard of the Phrase Voices in my head? Well with her, she’s literally that. She’s a second pair of eyes and a trusted friend and comrade. She even was imprisoned in stone with me instead of fleeing to help my brother.”

"Huh. And here I was thinking you were like a certain marvel superhero... merc... thing...” I mutter.

Damnit, What was his name?! Dead… something.. Beat? I’ll figure it out later.

Nicko sighs. A little bit of mist began to take form as… Is that Genderbent Discord?! Eris?! emerged from Nicko. She looked at Nicko with her arms crossed. “Well, This is quite a crowd if you ask me. Seems like you’re good with making friends from other Equestria’s, Nicky.”

IT IS!!! HAHAHAHAHA!


“Well… uh…” Twilight was speechless. Eris soon appeared next to the Unicorn, poking her nose. Twilight herself blinked a little at the gesture.

“Geez, not as easy to tickle like the others.”

Nicko himself facepalmed at the comment. “Eris, now might not be the time for playing around."

Pinkie reaches over and hand-hoofs me a bag of popcorn. I then realize what Nicko said.

“That’s my job!”

I thought you were a detective… or is the term Private Investigator?” Eris questions.


“Ok one, I’m a woman. I can have fun sometimes. Two, Yes Private Investigator is what it was on my job title.”

“Yet, you say was. Is that suppose to be past tense?”

Ok, I hate her.

“Eris, that’s enough. We’re not here to irritate people.” Nicko told her, signalling with his hand. She soon turned back into mist and vanished.

“Sorry if she got on your nerves, Sakuya. She can be like that at times.”

“Nah. She’s just afraid that I’ll kick her-.”

“That’s ENOUGH!” Celestia cried out, catching everypony’s attention.

Celly you ruin everything...

“We will postpone the ceremony to this evening. As of right now though, everypony, including Nicko and Sakuya, should get some rest.”

I wonder if Luna has a secret moonshine vault.. I could use a drink as of now… I better warn everyone at least. I know how I can get when drunk. Or so I’ve been told...

I suddenly start coughing. “GOINGTORAIDLUNA’SMOONSHINE.”

“Huh?”

“Nothin’~!” I smile innocently.

I stand up and walk up. I’m soon flagged down by Rainbow.

“Uh.. Hey… May I join you?” She asks.

“The more the merrier. Just warnin’ ya, I’m a bit of a heavy drinker when I feel like it.” I tell her.

She glares at me.

“Think you can take me down?!” She shouts.

“Do I hear a challenge?”

“Bring. It. On.” She then rockets off to Lulu’s room. I wait in the hallway as she brings back a huge crate of black bottles. They even have skull and crossbones on them… Ok, that was a thing.

“You first.” Rainbow smirks.

“I’m not gettin’ out of this am I?”

She smiles devilishly and hoofs a bottle over.

Fuck me. I THOUGHT IT WAS FAKE! Bottoms up...I guess…

I tilt the bottle into my mouth and what hits me is… interesting to say the least… Sort of fruity and spicy at the same time. I don’t taste anything that makes it relatively taste like alcohol... Did Luna herself brew- OH GOD THERE IT IS! That’s actually really good!

“Betcha can’t drink another shot!” Rainbow coos. She starts to bounce a little in the air like a tennis ball. Heehee… Bouncy Bouncy…

"Oh hell yeah I can!! I bet you can’t drink two at the same time."

“Game on!!”

And the drinking contest begins! Fuck getting caught, it’s time for us to have a good time!! YOOOOLLLOOO!


Fifteen minutes and Five shots later…


Man, did I feel great!! I feel like I can do anything! FUCK THE POLICE!!!

“WWOOOO!!! B-b...eat.. THAT RAINBOW!” I say as I take my...seventh? sixth? Shot.

She picks up the bottle and swigs down what’s left. The flying mint bunny to the right did the same.

“I… I can k-keep goiiing!”

I pick up the bottle and drink a little more. I slam it down, cracking it a tiny bit.

“T-twilight.. S-should join ush..” I slur.

Rainbow stands up and nods. Adrian starts to walk past… This is where everything goes downhill…

“NO…. IT’S SHENPAI!” I shout.

“What the fu-?”

I pounced at him, but he pushes me away.

“COME BACK!” I shout.

Rainbow then decides to follow, drinking whatever was left of the moonshine. Mr Flying Mint Bunny started to fly away then as well, clipping through the wall.

“No! Why… are you drunk?!”

“Be… because I can!”

“Fuck my life! Fuck it all!”

We rounded the corner and came to the courtyard. Rainbow zoomed ahead to where Twi-Twi and Nicky were standing. She tossed behind another bottle.

I temporarily lost interest in Adrian as I watched Rainbow interact. It seems that since I was turned into a persona, I have a slightly higher tolerance for alcohol. Atleast I’m still half sane… More like a quarter.. Ooooohhhh! SENPAII!!!

“HELP ME!”

“COME BACK SHENPAI!” I shout as I leap over passed out Rainbow.

“I.. I win..” I briefly whisper to her as I run past.

“NOOOO!” He yells as we round the corner.

And that’s when the Hangover begins. It starts with me gaining temporarily all my sanity back.

“The heck was I doing?” I mutter.

Then the side effects hit me like a brick wall. A sharp pain hits my head as I clutch it and fall over. God damn hangovers!

“My head! Gaah! SO THIS IS HOW I WAKE UP FROM A DRUNKEN STATE! GAAH!” I shout as my head pulses with pain.

NEVER GETTING DRUNK AGAIN! FUCK SEEING THE FLYING MINT BUNNY AGAIN!

“AAAAHH…”I moan.

It was then that all I could feel was metal arms picking me up.

“I knew you’d try something like this…”

To put it simply, I then passed out.


I wake up a few minutes later… on a train.

“Well, this place is quite peacefu- AHH!!”

GODDAMNIT NICKO!

“Keep it down! My head is still pounding!” I shout, holding a hand to my head.

My hearing fades in and out as I try to get rid of my hangover. I fall back asleep but am soon woken back up by someone speaking really loudly.

“She found me… Brother.”

What do people not know about hangovers!!! Wait… Who is this? I open my eyes to see two blurry red haired figures looking at each over. I pull a hand to my head.

"Uh sorry to interrupt a sweet moment... But who the heck are you?”

“Anson Nocte. Infinity Sword. Now, what business do you have with me and my daughters?”

Fuck he’s loud…

“Ngh.. Keep it down.”

“Don’t mind her. Hangover’s getting to her.” Twilight mutters.

“I-... What!?” Rainbow shouts.

How come she recovers faster?! Gaaha! My heaaad… Stupid… Flying mint bunny… I watched way too much Hetalia back on earth…

"… Maybe we should go to the library to talk about this?” Whats-his-name spoke.

I felt someone grab me and lift me up.

“M-mommy?”

Huh? I-is Dinky here?

“Dinky?!”


“MOMMY!!!” Dinky yells as she lept into her mother’s arms… GAAH KEEP IT DOWN!

"Holy shit! Derpy’s alive?!” That voice.. it’s not… It can’t be...

“Mommy!! I’ve missed you so much! You won’t believe the fun adventures I’ve had with Orpheus, Faith and Daddy!!” Dinky yells.

“UH… Huh? I’m co-… What?!” Derpy yelps.

I think my hangover is lifting a bit…

“Yeah… I think there are a lot of things that we need to talk about.” An… I need to remember his name.. Damn Hangover!

“Yeah… There is.” Eeyup. That’s Jake… Wait… JAKE!?! GAAH! LET ME PUNCH YOU!

How did I know who he was even though he was mute back on earth? I simply heard it in a dream. I'll explain later.

“Well, let’s get Sakuya to lay down and have everypony come to the library so we could explain everything.” Twilight says.

Wait, What?!

“Screw all of you! I’m fine!”

I’M NOT FUCKING HELPLESS, YOU ASSHOLES!!! STUPID STEREOTYPICAL REMARKS!




I hate hangovers...

Author's Note:

Go look at Frost's to see the full events. I'll address plot holes next chapter.

Linkies Links.