• Published 14th May 2012
  • 534 Views, 0 Comments

The Road Left Alone. - Reggie



Adventures of the one eyed griffon and hhis friends in dark times of Equestria.

  • ...
 0
 534

Unwanted Troubles

'Who is this?"
"I have never seen him before..."
"Another griffon? I bet he is rude as Gilda."
"Gilda? Oh, yes, i remember. That 'cool' griffon..."


Reggie ignored the voices of ponies around. He finally reached his destination and complaints about some other griffon who made not a good impression on the locals couldn't stop him now. Not after everything he made to be here.


There was many ponies on the streets. They were walking, playing, talking and having fun in this gorgeous day. "No fights... No lies... A Dream, I'm sure." Reggie thought.


He turned around the corner and found himself standing on the village square. Big house was in the middle of it. It looked like this house was sweet itself. Candies on the roof and walls, caramel sticks as the columns, a little tower that was made as a big pink muffin.


"I found it..." Reggie sighed.


"Found what?" Wait a second! O-o-o-o-o!" voice from nowhere sounded very funny and happy.


"A..." he tried to find the source of it, but it seemed that all ponies around were just walking or talking to each other.


"Hello!" the pink head appeared right before his eyes. "My name is Pinkie Pie! Who are you? O-o-o... What is this? Why do you have a bandage on your eye? Are you a pirate? Oh! Do you have treasure? Or maybe even ship! Do you have ship?" question after question she confused him as no one did before.


"Me..I...Well...The..." Reggie tried to answer on every question, but he had no chance.


"How could I forget that? What's your name?" Pinkie finally stopped asking.


"..." he didn't belive that she is not going to ask something else.


"Ha! Maybe you're shy? I have a friend, Fluttershy. She is shy too!" Pinkie Pie said.


"My name is Reggie, I'm from griffon lands..." he started.


"Oh! Have you met Gilda?" Pinkie seemed to be surprised.


"No, i actually..." the answer was interrupted by another random bunch of questions.


"Hm... She was upset when she left Ponyville. Have you ever visited Cloudsdale? Why are you not flying? I heard that griffons are very fast. Or you are not flynig because you are a pirate..." last words brought his memories back again...


------


"Quick! We gotta move!" Reggie shouted as they reached the edge of the forest.


"I... c-can't...Too... tired... Leave me! Why are you doing this?" green earth pony was in a very bad condition. He was injured, but the wounds were almost healed. Only the long way from town took his stregth. Once known as the strongest pony in the Arena, he was weak now.


"Arh, I won't leave you! You are my friend and I don't care what they say. I'm not the royal griffon anymore! Now..." voices from behind became louder. He turned back. "Run! I will hold 'em! Remember, go to the Foalga river, then turn to the left and find an Ironclaw village. There should be a griffon called Dawn, tell him that I've sent you. He will hel..."


Three griffons with a signs of the Red Feather clan landed before him.


"Here you are, traitors! You thought you can escape?" said the griffon in a red armor and golden helmet. "After your betrayal? You will be punished, ha-ha!"




Arh nodded to Reggie and ran away.


"He is so pathetic. He can't even fight! You never kept yourself from troubles, didn't you, pony lover?" another griffon in red armor said.


"Ponies have nothing to do with this." Reggie slowly took his sword from the sheath. "And I am not a traitor. Rik, you wanted punishment? Now come and get some!" he felt the anger inside him.


"Look, our little 'royal' son is trying to be badass! Such a shame... You succeeded on the Arena only because your father wanted this. Now he is not here, what will you do? Ha-ha-ha!" all three griffons laughed at him.


"You... You! How can you say something about my father?! You will pay for what you've done!" Reggie charged towards them rising his sword and preparing his claws to unleash the anger that was kept in his soul.


"What the..." Rik shouted, but it was his last words.


The sword fell right on his neck. Blood spreaded around him. Two other griffons tried to hit brown one, but his rage was just too strong. His sword was like a lightning and they could see the fire in his eye. The black bandage covered his second eye, but that doesn't stopped him from fighting.


Second griffon fell before him.


"Wait! We didn't want to hurt you! They ordered to keep you alive, nobody meant to be killed! Please, i wont tell anyone!" screamed last griffon.


Reggie swinged his sword and finished griffon's life with one move. "You wont."


"Keep yourself form troubles she said... Maybe I'm not so good at this..."


-------


"Why are you so quiet?" Pinkie Pie asked looking at the brown griffon.


"Nevermind... So, do you have any place where I can stay for at least few nights?" Reggie asked.


"Of course we have! We have Sugarcube Corner! You can stay there!" said Pinkie. The wide smile appeared on her face.


"Oh, that's how it called... Fair enough. But, Sugarcube Corner? Really? I thought it's some kind of candy shop, isn't it?" he asked. An imagination of him living in candy shop was funny, he smiled too.


"O-o-o! You are smiling! Let's go! I'll introduce you to Ms. and Mr. Cake." she grabbed his claw and pulled him towards the Sugarcube Corner.


"Ahm... Em... Alright." really confused, he stopped resisting.


As they entered the house, Reggie saw a blue pegasus with a black mane standing at the counter and two earth ponies before him: mare and stallion with cutiemarks of different sweets. "I guess that's Cakes." he thought.


"Thank you Mr. and Ms. Cake! I'll come later this week to take my order." the blue pegasus said.


"Alrighty Lightning Reel, your muffins will be ready soon. Goodbye!" Ms. Cake said.


"See you!" Mr. Cake waved.


Reggie was standing at the enterance and he has to move letting Lightning to leave the Sugarcube Corner. As Lightning Reel moved to the exit, he saw Reggie and stopped for a moment. There was something strange in his glance. Something familiar...


------


The pain was so hard that he couldn't even rise his head and see what happened to his wing.


Weeks in the Diamond Marshes taught him how to fight сockatrice, but it's not so easy to use sword when your last eye is closed.


He heard voices coming from the left, but the headache made it hard to understand.


"...Dangit! Is it him? One eye, yellow claw on armor... Yes, it's him! What happened here?" asked the first voice.


"Cockatrice, I assume. Look, there is bodies. One...Two... Three? Three at once? He should be happy that he is still alive..." the sound of second voice faded as Reggie fell in a deep painful sleep. The last thing he saw was the view of the pegasus and unicorn looking at him from above.


------




The blue pegasus called Lightning Reel turned his head away and left the house.


"Ms. Cake, Mr. Cake! Look! It's my new friend Reggie, he came from griffon lands and he is a pirate!" cheered Pinkie.


"Wha...No!" Reggie laughed. "I'm not a pirate, I'm a...Traveler. Yes. I hope you don't mind me being here, i was just looking for some place to stay."


"Oh Pinkie, darling, don't you remember what happened with Gilda last time? What if he..." Ms. Cake wanted to say something else but pinkie jumped right to her.


"No no no! He is different! I know it. Also Gustave le Grand was not such a bad person. Trust me he wont do anything bad!" Pinkie said.


Reggie felt uncomfortable in this situation. "Ms. Cake, i can pay for a room. I promise not to bring any troubles here."


"Oh, no way mister! If Pinkie trust you, so do I!" Mr. Cake looked at Ms. Cake. "What? Look at him, I can even feel how tired he is."


"Okay, what is h..." Mr. Cake was suddenly interrupted by Pinkie.


"Reggie! He is Reggie!" she smiled.


"Well, let me show your room. Let's go." Ms. Cake went upstairs and Reggie followed her with a long sigh.


------


"What am I doing here?" he said.


It was a bright morning outside the hospital. His wing still hurt, but not so much as it was last night. "Wait, last night?" he thought.


"Who brought me here? How long I've been asleep?" Reggie asked.


"Calm down. You're in the Lunar Lake's hospital and you were here since last week. Eight days in general." the female donkey with a medic hat answered.


"Wait... Eight days... I'm terribly late!" he jumped out of the bed and felt a pain in his wing.


"Get back into bed! Your wing is wounded badly. You won't be able to fly for at least a few weeks. And of course you need a rest!" medic donkey yelled.


"I... Argh, should go! Can I even walk?" he couldn't spend any minute. He was already four days late.


"Yes you can, but I think you better stay here until your wing gets better." donkey said.


"Screw this." Reggie said and walked through the door.


-------


"Nightmares again?" Mr. Cake asked standing at the door.


Reggie opened his eye and shook his head. "Uh... Yes. I hope i didn't woke up babies?" he asked.


'No, you didn't" Mr. Cake smiled. "But I'm worried about that, maybe you'll tell me what happened and I will be able to help?"


"Hm... I don't think so. But thanks." Reggie said. He put his bandage on and walked out. It was sunny afternoon and most of ponies were on lunches or picnics.


"What to do...? Oh, I think it will be a long day."