• Published 14th May 2012
  • 777 Views, 5 Comments

Stallion X - Lost Brony



Friendships will be tested. Secrets will be revealed

  • ...
 5
 777

Chapter 1

He took a deep breath. It was strange, almost like waking up for the first time in years, decades, maybe even centuries. As he breathed in and smelled the sharp chill and dust in the air, refilling his lungs, he also had the feeling of being unfrozen. The rough movements of his joints moved through his body. He felt heavy and weak, like a statue coming to life. A statue gaining movement and thought. Not just thought, but memories as well. Although, they were blurred and faded with time, he could remember two fillies of white and blue, and a bright flash of yellow light. There were other things he can somewhat remember, but those memories were scattered like the broken pieces of a mirror.

He opened his eyes. There he stood, in the middle of a dark, wet place. A cave? Maybe. Underground? Possibly. The only source of light was towards his right; a small fire lit up the whole place with its dancing light reflecting upon the wet rocks and puddles.

But one question was still bothering him, “What‘s going on?”

“Oh, you’re awake.” He couldn’t help himself from getting a little startled by the second voice. It was a kind of sinister, yet happy-go-lucky voice.

“Who’s there?” He turned to see who it was and became quite surprised at what he saw. The creature had the head of a horse, with the antler of a deer and the horn of a goat, as well as its beard. After noticing the one sharp fang in its mouth, he looked down and noticed its arms: a lion’s paw and an eagle’s claw. Then, its legs of a reptile and a goat. Finally, its tail of a snake and its wings of a bat and a Pegasus. Despite this bizarre appearance of an animal, it all still seemed familiar.

“You don’t remember me, do you?” the creature chuckled. A snake-like tongue moved in its mouth as it speaks.

He took a moment to look into those red and yellow and saw something. He saw something he could just look up to in times of doubt, something he could believe in and rely on for support, someone he had learned from for a long time. “Discord.”

“Yes?” he answered quite proudly.

“I remember. I remember you helped me.” He turned his head towards his dark gray flank only to have found no cutie mark. “You helped me find purpose.”

“Just like how you’ve helped me rise to the top.” Discord stood taller and the tone of his voice changed with anger. “Until your friends had set me to stone.”

He remembered. Remembered how his two best filly friends had betrayed him by stopping his master. Could that have been the yellow light that had cast the spell? “Discord, Master,” he began to plead, “it was not my fault. If I had known-”

“Calm down, I don’t blame you,” Discord’s tone returned to normal, “Especially, after seeing that you were also set to stone.”

A loud, popping crack came out of his neck as he tilted his head, “OW!” It was a huge relief for him. “Well, now I know why my neck feels so stiff,” he said with a small laugh of pain. “How did this happen?”

After a pause to think, Discord explained, “I believe it was Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Perhaps they knew you’d rise to power after me. So, out of pure fear, they stopped you. And everypony lived happily ever after.” Then, he started to laugh. The thought of a happy ending for all seemed to be a very funny joke to him. “They’re going to be so surprised to hear that we’ve returned.”

Although he smiled along on the outside, inside, pieces of his memories came together. He remembered Luna, how she and her sister betrayed him, and what he had done to her. “That’s not the way I remember.” He closed his eyes as if he tried to dig deep within, “I put a curse upon Luna, and so Celestia turned me into stone. She knew I wanted to rule Equestria.”

Discord had stopped laughing to speak once again, “And I promise you will, but until then, you must restore your strength. You are still weak.”

“But won’t you need my help?”

“Well, I found someone else to help me while you recover.” he calls out, “Trixie, can you come in here please?” After a moment, the sound of echoing hoof steps came into the cave from outside a large opening, followed by small green light. A blue unicorn came in following her lit horn. She wore a star-spangled, purple cape with an emerald holding the cape together. Her cutie mark was of a wand surrounded by a light blue cloud of pixie dust. “This is Trixie. She will be your student, and you will be her master.”

“Is she any good?” he asked with doubt in his voice.

Trixie walked over to him, “The Great and Powerful Trixie has received new magical powers from Discord for as long as I am loyal to him.” Then, she shot a green lightning bolt towards a large boulder. It exploded into dust.

Unimpressed, he sarcastically smirked, “Do one of those powers involve speaking in the first-person? Because I think you should start doing that.”

“Now, calm yourself,” Discord suddenly said, though with a smile. Noticing how frustrated his stallion looked, Discord said, “She won’t be replacing you. Again, she’s your student, so as soon as you regain you strength and if anything should happen to me, it shall be your responsibility to rule Equestria. Do you understand?”

“Yes, Discord.” He calmed down.

“Good. Now, Trixie,” he turns to face her, “I want you to break into Celestia’s castle, take the Elements of Harmony, and hide them in any place unexpected. And, remember to tell me where you’ve hidden them.” Before she had the chance to even ask the question, he added, “Trust me, with those powers I’ve given, you’ll know where she keeps them.”

“Yes, Discord.” She seemed confident and reassured.

“In the mean time,” he returned to his older student, “You must be hungry after all those years.”

“Actually, yes, I am.” He had barely noticed how empty his stomach was.

“I’ll get you something to eat. After that, I shall prepare for my return.” As he turned and left through the same opening that Trixie had entered through, his voice continued to bounce off the cave walls. He was mumbling to himself, “Perhaps I should make it rain chocolate milk from cotton candy clouds…”

After a few moments of silence, “You know,” Trixie spoke, “Discord has said you were his greatest student, and you would soon be the greatest ruler.” Then she said. “I’m sorry, but Discord hasn’t told Trixie your name.”

He smirked again, this time out of pride, and answered, “Stallion X.”

“Twilight, wake up! You’re having another bad dream.”