• Published 14th May 2012
  • 504 Views, 3 Comments

Dear Princess - Scribbley Wibbley



A story of love and reconciliation for ones past contains an oc

  • ...
 3
 504

Chapter 1

Dear Princess…
Chapter 1

“The Nightmare has come and gone,

The cold winter has all been wrapped up,

All the autumn leaves have all fallen from the trees,

The Grand Galloping Gala has already passed,

Peace and harmony have flourished in Equestria.”

“It has been many moons since last this one has laid eyes upon this village has is not?” one Unicorn questioned himself as he trotted around a small town admiring the structures around him “it seems thy land has changed since last this one saw, but that was more than a thousand years ago.” His black coat, mane, and tail almost completely shrouded him in the shadowy moonlight, but the prominent red stripe down the center of his mane and tail were very unmistakable; the stallion’s name was Erebus. He continued his walk through the darkly lit town the lights in all the houses had been turned off and it had seemed that everypony was asleep… well, it seemed like it. Out of the darkness a voice was heard, “I’ve never seen you before, who are you?” the voice made Erebus jump and then he then ran off behind a house that was off the path he was walking. Erebus had concealed himself using his magic to escape the scary candy scented noise. After catching his breath he wondered off to find a hiding spot to fall asleep. Erebus wasn’t exactly known for being sociable but, what he was known for is the story that’s about to unfold.

It was now morning the sun was high and the birds were chirping, Erebus had continued wondering around the town now with the townsfolk trotting about, but he used his magic to render himself intangible. He soon felt hungry and remembered he hadn’t eaten last night because he got scared off. He wondered around till he found and apple stand an interesting mare had been working at this stall she was an orange pony with a long yellow mane and tail which was tied off at the end. Her cutie mark seemed to be appropriate three red apples. Erebus approached the stall still unable to be seen he then took an apple from a barrel. It’s not every day you see an apple start to float by itself and then get eaten, “hey” the orange pony called out to the now core of an apple but like before the yell had made Erebus tense as the core fell and he bolted off to hide again. Ponies gathered around the core and poked it with a stick to make sure is wasn’t going to fly off again; “it’s cursed”, “haunted”, “bewitched” words fluttered back and forth between ponies, but in the end no one had known Erebus had been behind it.

Erebus had now found himself over by a large tree that upon closer inspection was a library. He found a sign on the front lawn that read Twilight’s library having a fancy for books he welcomed himself in. it seemed empty, the librarian must have stepped out for a moment just what Erebus liked, solitude he began searching the shelves and picked out several books to read and then took his leave with the books in tow. After finding a nice shady spot to sit he began reading while completely invisible to everypony around him. It had gotten dark out and Erebus had completely lost track of time meanwhile other ponies have found traces of his doings, it has seemed that the librarian was not too pleased that her books were borrowed and word spread of a thieving ghost, a search party was then formed and had begun to search for this so called ghost. It had seemed one of them was a competent Unicorn for she had tracked him with a magic tracking spell. Erebus was hard to pull away from a book so he didn’t notice when three ponies had snuck up behind him.
“The magic I’m picking up from over by that tree definitely matches that of the residual energy from the apple core” the Unicorn had said
“Beg your pardon” her earth pony friend had asked
“Ughh the culprit is over by the tree” the Unicorn replied
“Where I don’t see him” a third Pegasus looked around as she spoke, then together the three ponies slowly made their way to Erebus… it was in vein though for Erebus himself could also trace magic and picked up upon his assailants. He then proceeded to disperse his magic all over the town so it would seem to those trying to track him that he was everywhere at the same time.
“What was that, what just happened” the Unicorn was startled
“What’s the matter Twi?” the earth pony asked
“He… he’s everywhere now”
“So it really is a ghost” the rainbow Pegasus joined
“No… its Unicorn magic, but I’ve never seen this spell used to such a magnitude though” if the Unicorn was puzzled before now she has reached complete confusion
“Come out whoever you are, I am Twilight Sparkle student of Celestia and I wish to talk to you.” Celestia, now there was a name Erebus hasn’t heard in a while and this mare claimed to be her student, Erebus need time to think so for now he made his escape into the night masking not only his appearance but now his magical energy.

Day had now broke out and Erebus had at one time contemplated leaving Ponyville, but now since he has found the student of Celestia his curiosity is getting the better of him. He returned to the library to return the books he had borrowed and to hopefully acquire some new ones, to his surprise he found that the librarian was none other than Celestia’s student Ms. Sparkle. As he slowly entered he saw her still asleep as Erebus returns the books he wonders if she had stayed up all night pondering about his whereabouts. Upon closer inspection of the books around the library he noticed that there were higher level magic books “so it seems that she is skilled as well” he muttered to himself then it got eerily quiet… “Now!” a loud shout then boom the next thing Erebus can remember is he got tied up and a ring had been placed around his horn. He soon realized his magic had been nullified and was confronted by the ponies from the night before plus a few extra.
“Who are you” a rainbow Pegasus shouted
“Why did ya take my apple” an orange earth pony glared as she asked
“That’s a funny face you’re making” a pink earth pony interrupted
“Where did you learn such powerful magic” Twilight the librarian spoke but with the bombardment of questions and the shock of being captured Erebus had passed out. Upon awakening he found he was still tied up and unable to use magic.
“Girls he’s awake come here, come here!” the pink one had shouted
“Now don’t startle the dear again” a white Unicorn said
“I’m sorry” Twilight had stepped forward
“I didn’t mean to startle you I was just intrigued by who you are, could you tell me your name?” she had asked, but Erebus was still in a state of shock and was a bit socially awkward so he shied away from her
“Ok plan b” Twilight had said.
“Fluttershy you’re up” she continued and a yellow Pegasus approached
“Um hi” she squeaked out then it got silent and it seemed that they both were too shy to talk but then
“Hi” Erebus had spoke softly.
“M… my names Fluttershy” she whispered
“E… e…Erebus” he said softer then her
“Nice to meet you” she responded and then they both had begun to open up to each other
“Tis gracious to be in your presence as well my lady” he responded and soon all the other ponies had been assaulting Fluttershy with questions for Erebus but she said
“Shhhhh, please you’ll startle him again” and turned back to Erebus
“Oh please Let me introduce my friends; that’s twilight,” she pointed to the magenta Unicorn librarian “that’s Applejack,” she said pointing to the orange earth pony “this is rainbow dash,” she was the rainbow maned Pegasus “that’s rarity,” a white Unicorn “and lastly that’s pinkie pie” she was a pink earth pony.
“May I ask you some questions Mr. Erebus?” she asked to which he just nodded his head
“Ask him why he ate my apples?” Applejack asked
“This one is terribly sorry madam but he was hungry and even left a bit of coin on your stall”
“Oh well in that case alright” she responded
“Now that that is clear, I want to ask you where you learned such powerful magic.” Twilight asked
“Well” he started “at one time this one had been the princess’ student and personal assistant. Every one gasped had he been Celestia's student before Twilight.
“But… but Celestia never said anything about having another student before me.”
“That’s because this one was not the student of Celestia but of the princess of the night Luna.”