• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 381 Views, 2 Comments

Melody of Nightmares - NightStream



Alicorns were treated much differently than they are now. Here is a story of one such tale.

  • ...
 2
 381

Chapter 5: Truth from a friend

Then all three of them were moving and Nightmare and Melody were becoming good friends fast. Though at first Melody was uneasy with Nightmare because of her appearance, she found out that Nightmare was actually really kind to her. Days later they came to some woods and found a cabin at the entrance of it. Nightstream knocked on the door, but it swung open on its own after the first knock. Nightstream cautiously went in and found a heavy layer of dust all over the place. He came back and the two of them that is was abandoned. Eventually night came and Melody was the first to fall asleep. After the door was shut and she was sleeping Nightmare and Nightstream were having a conversation.

“Nightmare, you know we will have to tell her the truth about us eventually.”

Nightmare looked sad “I know, and I fear for the day it will come. I mean you could tell the loneliness in her eyes couldn’t you?"

“I could and” Nightstream sighed “I don’t like constantly lying to her that we are pegasus like her.”

As they were talking Melody got up because she had trouble falling asleep. Then she heard Nightmare and Nightstream talking and went to open the door. She only opened it a little and saw something very off with her friends. They both had a horn as well as wings, then she fully opened the door. Both of them noticed the door opening and the look of horror on Melody’s face was very clear.

“What is going on?” Melody asked.

“Melody we wanted to tell you the truth, but we didn’t know how you would react to this.”

“You hide the fact that you were alicorns from me, for what. So you take me away and kill me, or was being friends with me a front so you could get close to me and then make me a slave to you.” Melody said as the anger in her voice was getting ever clearer.

Nightmare looked at Melody with tears in her eyes. “Not once was us being your friends a front or a farce. We truly wanted to be your friend, you wouldn’t believe how often we get treated like this because of how different we are to the other ponies.” Nightmare then looked down in shame. “Go if you want, it wouldn’t be the first time somepony left us like this. I had hoped you would be different, Melody, but I guess not.” Melody Looked between the two of them and neither would meet her gaze. Then it dawned on her.

“How long have you too been like this?”

“A hundred years now.”

“And not another pony stayed with you?”

“No they all left after seeing us.

Melody then looked at Nightmare and saw that she was off in a corner, and at first she saw how evil Nightmare looked then she began to remember how kind and caring she was. Melody then went over and tapped her on the shoulder. When Nightmare turned around she embraced her.

“I’m sorry for acting like that, I truly am. It will take some time to get used to the fact that you two are alicorns, but can we still be friends.”

Nightmare was shocked at this then finally hugged her back and said “Yes, and thank you Melody.”

Nightstream then cleared his throat. “I think we can begin telling you about ourselves in the morning, because we should all get some sleep after what just happened.”

“Agreed.”

Soon enough all three of them went to bed. They then spent most of the next day at the cabin telling each other all what they went through. Melody was shocked to hear how Nightmare was treated when she was younger, but she could get nothing from Nightstream about his past yet. Nightstream and Nightmare soon found out that though she could not fly very well, she was an amazing singer. Eventually it was dark again and they slept in again. Morning came and Nightmare and Nightstream heard singing coming from Melody’s room, and they could feel the happiness coming from her. They smiled at each other and went to go get Melody to continue their journey.