• Published 17th May 2012
  • 364 Views, 3 Comments

The Change of Tides - SpiralGate3



Esivra is a little filly. This is her story. And how she changed Equestria. As we know it.

  • ...
 3
 364

Chapter 1 The separating

Chapter 1 The separating

This story starts at the ocean.
It is about a little filly’s quest. A quest that would change Equestria as we know it.
This little filly’s name is Esivra. Her past lies in mist, her future unknown...

It was a stunning beautiful day at the Pegaseaocean. Nothing was to be seen. No clouds, no seagulls, not even a wave cruising the ocean surface. Not that this bothered the captain on the Ocean King, nor his crew. Everypony was just having a good time. Fishing, swimming and enjoying the sun. But among all the smiles there was one frown.

(teenage girl voice) -Dad, I am sooooo bored. I want to go ashore! There’s nothing to do here on the ship, Esivra whined.

(Choose a voice / father-like?) -I’m sorry Esivra, but we can’t move at all unless we get some wind.

-Daaad!

-No! Stop whining and go have some fun. Go swim or enjoy the sun. The rain have finally stopped so enjoy it. That is an order little filly. Aaron peered down at his daughter as she walked away.

-Stupid wind, why can’t it just keep blowing, at least just a bit so we can get to a shore.
I which we had oars like on those other big ships. then we could have row to shore.
Esivra trotted angrily down the hallway of the ship to her cabin.

She laid there in her bed and waited. When she opened her eyes she realized she had fallen asleep. She stood up and immediately notices the cabin had gotten several degrees hotter. After what seemed like an hour she could not take it. She ran up to the deck and took a deep breath of the cool evening air. There was still no wind, and since she was so hot she decided to take a dip.

She checked the water if there were any ponies down there she might be landing on. But all the others were a bit further away from the ship.

-INCOMING! she screamed as she shot forward from the reeling and into the blue water.





As she broke the water surface the it became silent. She could only hear faint laughter from the ponies further out in the water. She felt so calm. The sun making beams of light, that disappeared down into the black depths of the ocean. As she broke the surface and gasped for air. She got a nagging feeling that something was really wrong.

She climbed back on the ship and noticed she was the last to get aboard.
-What’s going on dad, she asked, with fear in her voice.

-There is a storm coming, he said, pointing his hoof north to the where the sun was setting.

And he was right. As the sun was setting, it shone it last beams of light to reveal dark storm clouds heading towards the ship.

-All ponies on deck! Raise the anchor! Secure the sails!

As Aaron yelled, ponies were diverting to group to complete their tasks. But the storm reached them first. But this was more than a storm. It was like the storm was controled. Smashing the boat like a child would smash a toyboat. The ship was sinking fast!

-DAD! Esivra screamed.

-Esivra! She heard her dad yell, but could not find him.

Then the worst thing that could ever happen, happened. As the ponies who had not already fallen into the water tried to get one of the reserve boats loose, IT appeared. There were no words to describe it. Not that Esivra could if she had wanted to. She had never gotten a good look at it.

As IT hurled a beam of water down on the ship, the ship splintered like a stick. All the ponies who were still on the ship were tossed into the water. Esivra who was on the front of the boat was tossed sky high. The last thing she saw was several water beams, dragging the ship down, Making a giant whirlpool. and sucking the crew down into the depths of the ocean. Then all went black.

When she opened her eyes, the salt had been ground into them. She closed them fast. The salt water stinging them and the sun burning. She tried to call for help, but her throat was all dried up. She dragged herself ashore. She was blind and mute. All she could do was to hear. Wait... was that? Yes, it was the sound of wind playing in the leaves. She struggled and made to stand up. As she walked the best she could towards the sound. As she got closer, she could hear more sounds. Birds, the sea shore, and a small stream! She turned against the stream. But at her first step she stumbled on a rock. She tripped forward and face-planted into the stream. Since the stream wasn’t veary deep she hit the bottom with her nose and started to bleed. She just uttered a sound. As some bubbles escaped, and made small blubs on beside her face.

After she had washed her eyes and satisfied her thirst, she took a look at her surroundings. She was in a forest. She turned and watched the sea. Were there more survivors? She ran back to the coast and dashed beside the ocean. What was that? She ran up to a limp body in the water.

-DAD! She screamed.

No response.




-DAD! WAKE UP, YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP DAD! Esivra started to cry. She began to drag him into the forest against the stream. When she was halfway there, she was exhausted, but she could not leave her father, not in this state.

-Hnnng! he grunted in pain. He was alive! Her father was alive!

She gained new strength, strength she did not even know she had. And after what seemed like an eternity, she had made it. She tore off her bandana and filled it with water. She tried to make most of it fall into her father’s mouth. Drink father. Please don’t die. Esivra started to cry again. He swallowed, but she got no reply. Anger took over her sadness, and she stepped into the water and splashed as much water as she could on him. He coughed.

-Dad?
-Esivra are you there?
-Yes dad, I am here.

she jumped out of the river, hugging him. Aaron groaned in pain.

-Esivra, there are things I have to tell you.
-Not now dad, you must rest.

-I will rest enough later, right now I have to tell you something very important.

First of all, I am not your real dad, but that does not mean that I don’t love you.
Shh! My time is short. So don’t interrupt.
When you were no older than a foal, you were set in a basket at sea. I do not know by who or where or when, but as we sailed, the basket was spotted by Mick, from up in the crow’s nest.
We sent out a boat to pick it up. This basket was empty except the most adorable foal ever. Which was you. We brought you back onto the ship, where we fed you, sang for you whenever you were crying. Talked to you, and we raised you as one of our own, but you never really fitted in. It was almost as if something that was stopping you. This might say why you still have not gotten your cutie mark.

-But remember this, no matter where you came from, or what you will be, know that I will always be with you in your heart.

With those words Aaron closed his eyes. His breathing became weaker and weaker. Then finally came to a stop.

-NOOOO!!!!!!! Esivra screamed. NOOOOO! DON’T LEAVE ME FATHER!

Tears streamed down her face as she felt it become harder to breath. As her throat tightened up.,she pulled herself together and stood up. She started to collect rocks to bury her ‘’father’’.
As the day was over, she left the pile of stones with her head high, tears streaming down her face, and moonlight made her tears glitter as it lit her path.

End of chapter 1