• Published 6th Apr 2015
  • 1,081 Views, 9 Comments

Rarity and Applejack Stuck in Manehattan - InkieMarblePieIsLife



While on a fashion trip to Manehattan, a busted train leaves Rarity and Applejack with nowhere to go. Friendships shall be tested, plumbing shall be tampered with, and intense FRIENDshipping shall take place!

  • ...
0
 9
 1,081

Toilet Troubles

Rarity collapsed into the plush comfort of her hotel bed after a long day of searching the city for new fabrics. Applejack had not woken up from her chair since the day before, when she was herding parasprites, and snored with a kind of force that made the floor vibrate. Rarity snuggled into her pillow and closed her eyes, just about ready to slip off into dreams of endless bowls of ice cream and silk, when Applejack jerked herself upright and galloped like a buffalo into the bathroom. Rarity shrugged it off and tried to get back into her relaxed mindset. Stallions, desserts, dresses...and then a flush. This flush wasn't just your ordinary, run of the mill everyday toilet flush. This flush was accompanied by a symphony of flushes. One after the other they sounded, and Rarity wondered what kind of business Applejack was getting done that she needed to push down that lever so many times.

Rarity slowly lowered herself out of bed and trotted to the bathroom. Carefully opening the door, she spotted Applejack sitting on the toilet bowl.

"Oh, Applejack, pardon me, I didn't know the toilet was still...occupied."

"Rarity, wait! I need yer help."

And with that Applejack stood up and got off the seat. slowly, she lifted the cover and, like a tornado of hydraulic power, water shot out of the toilet and spewed all over the bathroom. The power of it propelled both ponies straight against the wall, their entire bodies soaking wet. In a moment, the entire bathroom was completely filled with water, which reached up about 10 meters below the ceiling. Rarity, not being too well-trained in the art of moving in the midst of any liquid, flailed around like a helpless worm while Applejack tried to open the door, which for some reason had found the perfect time to lock itself. She pushed and tried to buck as well as she could, but the door wouldn't move so much as a millimeter. Out of panic, she developed the sheer adrenaline to pull the curtain rod out of the bathtub and use it to beat down the door.

Water flooded into the room and seeped into the carpet. It drained out soon after, and Rarity,looking like a wet mop, trotted out and took some well-needed breaths.

"APPLEJACK!WHAT KIND OF COLOSSAL SH-"

"Rarity, it's 6 in the mornin'. Ponies are sleepin', and I just saved yer life. I think you better watch yerself before you say something stupid."

"Applejack, that was absolutely horrifying. There would have been no need for anypony's life to be saved if you hadn't broken the toilet."

"Well excuse me for having a very active digestive system."

The ponies were so busy arguing that they couldn't hear the sound of a knock at the door. Applejack opened it.

The same mare from the lobby was standing in front of her, with her eyes producing an expression that can only be described as a mixture of surprise and annoyance. Applejack and Rarity were unaware that in the time that they had gotten in and out of the bathroom she had received 8 calls to complain about loud banging and yelling noises coming from their room, 5 ponies who have addressed her about the same affairs face to face, 2 who have been so appalled that they left, and 3 that have needed medical attention from falling in a puddle of water in the hall. Apparently the crack in the bottom of the door was a lot wider than Applejack had presumed when she first arrived.
She explained all of this to the two of them followed by a "It is with the utmost urgency that I request your vacation of the building. Thank you.", and a closing of the door.

Rarity paused for a moment and then fell into a pit of utter despair. Tears flooded her eyes and rolled down her cheeks. She almost had the same effect as the toilet. Luckily, Applejack was in stable enough condition to pack their bags and push her tearful friend out of the room. After much difficulty, she was able to check out and drag Rarity out of the hotel.

"Now what are we going to do?! This is an absolute travesty! I spent everything on the new fabrics!" Rarity choked as she tried to stand up.

"Don't worry sugarcube, we'll find a way. We always do!" Applejack wondered at her own optimism.

"You can't expect us to sleep on the street, Applejack! I refuse to dirty my mane."

"You mean yer soaking wet mane?"

"Touché."

And then, the miracle they needed arrived in the form of a taxi carriage. Coco smiled sympathetically as she whistled for the stallion to stop.

"In a bit of trouble, girls? Don't worry, I'll give you a hoof."

"Coco? W-what are you doing here? How did you know?" Rarity wiped her tears and ascended into the carriage.

"Here in Manehattan, the press is very...quick." She showed a magazine article titled 'Ponyville Fashion Designer Kicked Out of Grand Hoofington' with a picture of Applejack dragging a messy Rarity out of the hotel door. Rarity gasped at the horrible picture while Applejack beamed from being shown in a magazine article.

"Never mind that, I've got a place in my apartment just for you two!"

"That's mighty kind of ya." Applejack smiled at the cream earth pony, who smiled right back.

And so, the ponies were driven to a small gray building and led up to the 2nd floor and into Coco Pommel's home. The interior was not a very large space, just enough for one pony and perhaps a roommate. The walls were cracked and the paint was peeling off. The furniture was old and dusty, and seemed to come from the Victorian era.

"Sorry, it's a bit of a downgrade from your hotel but I hope it's okay for you two."

"Coco, your generosity makes up for any...design boo boo's this apartment may have. It's more than we could ask for." Rarity avoided the gaze of the vermilion and chartreuse striped chair that was clearly clashing with the chestnut wall color.

***

A raven colored pony trotted through the streets of Manehattan, cloaked in a red cape. She spotted a magazine showing an interested article and took one. Her horn glittered as she flipped through the pages.

"What's this?" She stopped, staring at the picture of Rarity and Applejack.

She broke into a sudden gallop, leaving the magazine on the street, with a single page missing.

Author's Note:

Yay! New Chapter! Thanks to those who have waited. That whole bathroom part was so much fun to write! Also, the first glimpse of the antagonist has been revealed! Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I loved writing it! Also, the formatting has been altered to make it easier on the eyes to read.