• Published 12th May 2012
  • 1,731 Views, 68 Comments

Immortality and Change - mines5



Scootaloo is turned into a vampire, and her struggles lead to her falling in love with a changeling.

  • ...
4
 68
 1,731

Chapter 1

A/N: It appears that I finally have a story to my name, a great many thanks goto Altoid, as he and I co-wrote this story as you see it now. I would appreciate it if you could give constructive criticism in the comments, and if you have any suggestions for a picture that would suit this that would also be appreciated.

The wind flowing through her mane was the favorite part of Scootaloo’s dream. Her mind could only guess at what it felt like, to soar through the air, but doing it in her sleep was close enough. For now at least. When she woke the joy of flying would disappear and the fact that she was tied to the ground by her own inability was starting to wear on her. But for now she immersing herself in what she could.

That was until there was a knock on the clubhouse door. She shot up so fast she almost managed to pull off a flip. It was at this moment that she panicked, wondering if she could cover up her reasons for being here. With a sort of practiced ease she ran around putting away anything that could give her away before the person at the door could walk in. It was with that the two other cutie mark crusaders walked in.

“Howdy Scootaloo,” Applebloom said surprised. “Didn’t expect ya to be here.”

“Oh, just thought I would get here early,” Scootaloo noticed one last object of hers that she forgot to put away. She kicked her diary under a blanket and hoped they hadn't noticed anything.

“What was that?” Sweetie Belle inquired.

Scootaloo bit her lip. “Just a book I’m reading.”

“I guess...” said Sweetie. “I didn’t know you even liked to read?”

“Can Ah see it!” Exclaimed Applebloom.

“NO! I mean, no.” Scoot scrambled for an explanation why. “It is, uh, fragile. The binding is breaking.”

“Then why did you kick it?”

“Er,” Scootaloo said slowly. There was no way the current conversation was going to end well so she decided to start a new one, “Is that a new bow Applebloom?”

“No, its the same one ah always wear. Are ya trying to change the subject?”

Scootaloo refused to acknowledge the truth, “your bow looks new.”

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle looked at each other and shrugged. Their friend didn’t want to talk about the book and they decided to leave it alone.

“Did ya hear that there is a new pony in town?” Applebloom asked.

“There’s a new pony in town?” Scootaloo exclaimed.

“He says he’s is from Manehattan!” Sweetie continued.

“Well then what are we waiting for, lets go meet this new pony!”

With that they prepared to head out from the clubhouse, there destination Ponyville, to meet this new pony. Scootaloo let the others exit first so she could hide her things better. On their way through town in search of their target they decided to stop at Sugarcube Corner, and see if anyone could tell them where he was.

“How can I help you?” a familiar pink pony asked excitedly.

“Hi Pinkie Pie,” they replied together. “Have you seen a new pony in town?”

Pinkie’s eyes went wide, “New pony, why didn’t anypony tell me, I’ve been so busy today that maybe my Pinkie Sense didn't warn me!” she exclaimed.

“I thought your sense was infallible,” Sweetie questioned.

Pinkie shrugged, her face turning more serious than usual, “I guess not.”

Just then another pony entered the bakery. Pinkie turned her attention to the new arrival and her mouth dropped. The three fillies turned just as pinkie had, their mouths also dropping.

“I was told I could find a pink party pony here at this establishment.” the mysterious stallion said.

“She’s pink,” Scootaloo pointed a hoof at Pinkie Pie, “And she likes parties.”

“I need to plan a momentous occasion for this town,” Pinkie stated.

“What’s the occasion?”

The stallion thought for a moment, then smiled, “Sompony’s birthday is today.”

“Nope, we have a new pony in town, can you guess who he is?”

The stallion looked at her quizzically.

“It’s you!” Pinkie threw up her hooves and confetti flew in different directions. “You’re gonna have two parties today! One for you and the other for your foal!”

“I only need one party.”

“That sounds like a great idea, we can put both parties together!”

“If you insist,” he groaned.

“Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a party to prepare!”

She trotted out of the room and the stallion turned his attention to the three fillies staring at him. They couldn’t get over how unhealthy he looked, his light brown coat appeared to have been a deep orange once and his blue mane was unkempt and thin.

“Will the party be free?”

“If you really want to pay somepony you could pay us,” Scootaloo tried to sound business like. “Oh, we could be Cutie Mark Crusader ticket holders!”

“What is your name anyway?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Just call me Elderfree.” He smiled twistedly.

Scootaloo noticed his cutie mark.

“Why is your cutie mark just a blotch of color?”

He gave no answer and only smiled as he turned and left. The three friends looked at each other and shrugged.

“Back to the clubhouse?” Scootaloo inquired.

“Sure,” the other two fillies responded.

They were heading back when Applebloom decided that they should stop by her orchard to pick up apple strudels that Granny Smith had cooked. After what seemed like hours to Scootaloo they finally headed to the clubhouse. They immediately noticed something was wrong when they entered.

“Somepony moved all our stuff around!” Sweetie Belle cried.

Scootaloo didn’t care that much of the items had been moved. Only one thing concerned her at the moment. If it was stolen, damaged or if somepony had read it then everything in her life would be turned upside down. She found her diary splayed on the table, opened to that day’s most recent entry. Under the words she had written she found another sentence in another pony’s writing.

Today is your lucky day, Scootaloo. My future daughter.