• Published 4th Apr 2015
  • 502 Views, 1 Comments

Portals: No More Cupcakes (Book Three In The Portals Series) - The Derpy Doctor



Kevin must go back in time to stop a psychotic character from dismantling Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
3
 1
 502

Why?

Kevin was at a picnic with his most recent friends. Twilight brought Blizzard Blast and a platter of Spike’s homemade nachos (hoof-licking good), Fluttershy brought sandwiches, Applejack brought tarts and Rarity brought an odd assortment of edible gemstones. They were about to start without Pinkie as she was quite late, when she finally showed up with a tray of cupcakes.

“Hi, guys!” said Pinkie upon arrival.

The group stared at Pinkie blankly and gave their mildly confused looks. It seemed very odd that Pinkie would show up so late. It seemed even weirder that the Element of Loyalty was not showing up at a date that she was promised to come to.
Kevin in particular looked at the mare with a cautious eyebrow look. None of this seemed to make sense. The earth pony stood with a concerned emotion on her face.

Kevin started remembering various parts of an animation he had seen a month and a half ago. The look on Rainbow Dash’s face echoed every thought in Kevin’s mind. The thought of her crying in pain and screaming as she was torn apart… How much he wanted to be in her place. It seemed a terrible fate for even the person watching.

Kevin’s thoughts increased as he started seeing the whole thing happening only moments before. Kevin saw it as a vision that Rainbow Dash had already been mutilated.

He finally tried to stop the thoughts and eventually found himself looking into the very worried eyes of Pinkie Pie.

“What’s the matter?” she asked with her nervous expression curling itself into a weak smile.

Kevin gave a blank expression: coming to the conclusion that one of his greatest role models had been tortured until death, and another one was a serial killer.

After staring blankly at Pinkie Pie and concluding his final thoughts, he knelt down. He wanted to scream at Pinkie. He wanted to run into her basement and tear the rainbow pegasus off of the operating table and revive her. It was too late, though. Kevin wanted to scream in pain, but he didn’t. He cried into his hooves.

Fluttershy looked confused at the pegasus on the ground as he wept.

“What’s wrong?” she asked patting him on the back.

Kevin continued to cry for several minutes. The rest of the group gathered around him.

Finally, Kevin got to his hooves and walked off to Fluttershy’s cottage where he was staying. He ignored all of their remarks to try to help him.

“Kevin?” Twilight asked as he walked away ignorantly.

Kevin arrived at the cottage and made up a bag of his closest possessions.

Fluttershy opened the door a near minute after he had already entered the small house himself.

“Kevin?” she yelled, her voice echoing the home.

A tear dropped from Kevin’s cheek. as he stared at the bag, he added a few more items to it as he talked to the mare that he admired for so long.

“I have to go,” stated the unsure stallion as he finished packing his bags.

“Where?” Fluttershy asked confused and on the verge of tears.

Kevin turned away from what he was doing towards the upset mare. Watching the animation, Kevin had told himself over and over that if it had come to something like this, that he would throw himself in Rainbow’s place. It was different, now. He actually had somepony that loved him. He had friends. He had everything he had ever wanted, and the thought of looking into his closest of friend’s eyes as she tore him apart.
Kevin brought the bag over to Fluttershy and put it on the ground in front of her. He put his arms around her for several minutes, concluding it by kissing her on her forehead.

A tear drove its way from his eye and fell to the floor. He went over to the table and started scribbling on a piece of paper. He turned and put it in the bag.

“What’s happening?” Fluttershy asked staring at him with tears in her eyes.

“I can’t tell you that,” Kevin said staring at her on the verge of tears.

Fluttershy burst into tears. It was too much for her. It seemed so weird to love someone as much as she loved him and then find him to act so weird and so upset. It was especially bad with how shy she was.

Kevin raised her head and gave his instructions.

“I need you to open this bag and complete the instructions, but only after I go through the portal.”

“Portal?” Fluttershy asked, “Why?”

“That will be in the instructions,” Kevin told, barely being able to hold his own tears.

He gave the mare one last hug before he backed out the front of her cottage and ran into another pony.

“Sorry…” Kevin said trying to identify the face silhouetted by the sun. He bent his neck over to see who it was.

“…Blast. I need you to come with me.”

“What’s the problem?” the Blizzard asked as the two of them started trotting away, Fluttershy following.

Kevin bent over and whispered, “I need you to open the portal on the other side.”

“Why are we whispering?” Blast asked back over.

“I can’t have anyone else knowing,” Kevin responded with his voice cracking.

“Is everything okay?” he came again.

“That’s why I need helping,” Kevin responded.

Finally arriving at the site of the portal (now lined with police tape to avoid accidental use), Kevin turned to meet him and explained his plans.

Blast gawked in amazement as he explained.

It was extremely hard to grasp that Pinkie was doing such things and even harder to afterwards understand that Kevin was doing what he was.

Blast pulled away and asked, “It’s not that I’m questioning this, but you do realize you are asking more of me than just opening the portal?”

“I do, but it will be worth it,” Kevin obliged.

Blast rolled his eyes to the back of his head in thought trying to plan what he was going to do before smiling and turning back to Kevin.

“I’ll do it,” he said.

Kevin gave a weak smile and turned to look at his own mare.

It hurt to look, and he found himself turning right back around: trying to clear his thoughts of all of his regrets.

Kevin put his hoof on Blast’s shoulder and guided him through the blackness.

Fluttershy opened the bag to find the note that Kevin had wrote and read it, gasping seconds after she began.

Blast’s horn began to glow the minute they went through the portal. He lifted a great shield over them: a force field. The attackers came from several sides shooting at the pegasus and the unicorn. The attacker from several weeks ago had certainly hired some help, and would succeed at finally getting rid of at least one pony.

Blast waited until they had all ran out of ammo and had to draw their knives.

“Now, now,” spoke he, “let’s be reasonable. You have been waiting here, for days at least, just waiting like a lioness in a bush for one gissel like us to part from our group. And since you’ve been so… patient... to stay here for us, I am prepared to offer you a deal.”

Kevin gasped. It seemed that Blast was honestly going to trade Kevin for his own life. He was almost instantly reassured when Blast winked at him over his shoulder.

“Take me,” said the blue unicorn. “But he goes where he needs to.”

This was more stunning than Kevin’s own first impressions. Kevin gazed wide-eyed as Blast dropped a small portion of the shield and reached out his hoof.

“Deal?” Blast said, putting his hoof in the form of a shaking position.

One of the people in the group stepped forward rubbing the back of his head before reaching out the same ugly hand and shaking Blast’s.

As they did so, The shield dropped completely and Kevin ran back for the portal.

He turned and found Blast being taken away in a great mob. Fortunately, his face was free enough to give Kevin a second wink, before his horn glowed, changing the portal a slightly different color.

Kevin broke the air between the edges of the slick frame and looked back to see the mob growing a lot more faint as it shrunk into the distance.

Kevin was in the day before this day.

Fluttershy’s hooves hit the ground hard as she moved relentlessly towards her friends. Tears fell from her streaked cheeks.

Twilight dropped her sandwich and looked around at Fluttershy.

“What’s wrong?!” she shouted in surprise.

Fluttershy held up the note that shook Twilight and brought her to tears in front of all of her friends.

The note read:

Dear Fluttershy,
I regret to tell you that today, I will die. It appears that due to specific events, I will have to suffer a terrible fate to save a friend of yours. Do not fear for me, live your life. Never stop smiling. And always remember how much I loved you.

Fluttershy looked over the paper before continuing reading

I was saving this for your birthday, but your parting present is in the gold box in the bag you probably hold in your hooves.

Fluttershy went to pick the untold treasure up from the remaining nonsense in the bag.
She opened it to find a necklace that shined with the brightness of polished mythril. It was carved in the shape of Fluttershy’s cutie mark. The back of it was inscribed with the words: “Somepony I love”

Twilight had to read the rest. Fluttershy started getting hysterical.

Please assort these according to which pony you think is most appropriate.
However, the uniform is what I would like to buried in.
I love every one of you,
Kevin.

Twilight gave various items to each of the few mare’s left. Twilight drew a diamond for Rarity, a Rainbow Dash fan club tee shirt for a Rainbow Dash that had not yet shown up. Twilight stopped when she drew out a jacket and white shirt with a bowtie from the bag. Each of them was built for a moderately large filly. Twilight looked over to Fluttershy in questioning: wondering who it should go to. She looked up from her hooves and looked shortly at the small pile of cloth before looking down and crying into her hooves. It was Kevin’s suit from the night he had spent with her. It was his outfit from the dance that they had both spent together.

Fluttershy tried to answer Twilight this, but it came out in whimpers as she cried relentlessly into her arms.

Twilight stood over Fluttershy and attempted to make her feel better as she teared over her lost friend.

Kevin walked along the path through Ponyville looking painfully on the sites that he had once admired. He looked at the town hall and thought on how he had not yet visited it. He thought about the jewelry store across the street from the spa. He planned to take Fluttershy there on her birthday to get her fit for her necklace just a few days from now.

It didn’t matter, though. He would never be able to take her back. He had to give himself in order to help others be happy watching the show. The characters will all be happier with him gone than Rainbow. He was insignificant. He would take her fall.

He stopped clacking his hooves on the ground and turned his head reluctantly looking in the direction of Sugarcube corner.
It was his time.

A pink earth pony was busy at her job: baking cupcakes. She heard a knocking at the door seconds before she put the baked goods in the oven. It was awfully rude to her that someone would interrupt her at this time. She was soon to start her work on her secret ingredient. It was always so rude to disturb her at a time like this.

She went to answer it, but the intruder walked himself in and began towards the edge of the hallway.
The pink mare walked over to try to stop him, but he kept walking until he reached the end of the hall and started towards the edge of the stairs. She offered him cupcakes “in the oven,” if he wanted them.

The white stallion ignored all attempts with a blank expression on his face.

He held off the mare with surprising ease as he opened the door to the basement. It seemed weird that a pony like Pinkie Pie: that managed to out-race Rainbow Dash and to have done all the things that she had done would be so easy to hold away from a simple door. It seemed just as odd that ponies like Applejack and Rainbow Dash had no different body tones than the others. They all had the same shape no matter how much they worked out.

Kevin tried to think about this as he forced himself down the stairs. He almost immediately felt about a thousand times worse when he smelt the dank air and looked upon the moist, disgusting stairs. It was the only thing that he could look at, though. He knew about the horrendous decorations that were strewn about the ceiling. He stared at the floor as a pink mare tried to force him away from the floor below. He trudged onward until finally, he was there, still staring at the ground. He looked up slightly to see the stunned face of a mare that he had, and did still admire: staring at him in fear and worry.

“Kevin? What’s going on?” she said, frightened.

Kevin detached the bands connecting her hooves to the table.

“It’ll be okay,” Kevin said to the cyan mare.

He unbuckled the other bands, taking a momentary break after each one to glare behind him at the mare behind him.

Finally, Kevin unbuckled the last strap and let Rainbow Dash fall the few remaining inches to the ground before placing himself in the same position.

“Now, Pinkie,” said Kevin looking at the pink mare below. “I do understand that no matter what I do, you will have to tear me up and turn me into cupcakes, or you’d have to do that with Rainbow Dash. That’s why I’ve put you in this predicament. You will have to let one of us go and that one will be the reason you get caught. The other one will be your sacrifice to get better cupcakes. That one will be me.”

Pinkie straightened and found the logic in his argument before responding.

“And why don’t I just kill both of you?”

“Simple,” Kevin said, “You only have one of these operating tables and both Rainbow Dash and I are pegasi, so if you are unable to obtain another chair by the time a pegasus can get out of your basement, you will be caught either way and we might both escape. You will make your decision.”

After reading the fanfiction Cupcakes, Kevin realized that Pinkie would be very hard to convince to stop. With this setup, she would be forced to stop doing this one way or another.

Pinkie choked as she realized she was doomed to be found out, and that her rules towards her job were interfering with her decision.

Kevin stared at the ashamed earth pony. He had nothing else to look at, due to the array of colorful pony parts that surrounded him. It was terrible to consider what more than likely coated the area around him.

Rainbow Dash thought about how she could prevent this from happening: what was soon to come to her friend. A friend that had helped two of her friends beyond a measure of worth was now in a large predicament with another friend that meant Rainbow Dash’s life. To stop it, Rainbow Dash only knew of one thing to do.

Pinkie was about to open her mouth to speak when the cyan mare leapt onto her back and brought her to the ground.

Kevin, not having been tied to the table, started down to bring the pink mare to where he was.

It didn’t occur to Kevin that Rainbow would have it in her to so this act. In such a sense, the brought the ties around Pinkie’s wrists, so that she couldn’t use any weapons against them as they went for help.

There will be no more cupcakes.