• Published 3rd Apr 2015
  • 2,021 Views, 57 Comments

A Legacy of War - Revan



An ancient war machine is awakened after the events of EG 2: Rainbow Rocks.

  • ...
3
 57
 2,021

Chapter 4: Hidden Answers

Sunset Shimmer walked through the narrow passage warily, wondering what, precisely, this tank wanted with her.

She eventually came to a small room. It had a central couch, and was surrounded by virtual screens. She glanced around, then sat in the chair. That was when she saw it.

A pin of a golden tank, turrets bristling, dropped on the floor.

She suddenly hunched over, as something started playing in her head.


She was happy.

Oh, she'd had a large breakfast, but that wasn't the primary reason she was grinning to herself this morning.

No, she was happy because it was a beautiful day. She was strolling through the city park, enjoying the brisk feeling of early autumn.

She'd been in cryo until about thirty years ago, when she'd been awakened to discover that the political situation of Refuge had changed since she'd entered cryosleep.

What had been a single, unified colony had now split into multiple factions. The government of New Montreal had received disturbing reports that the other governments were building nuclear weapons.

So they had awakened her, as a trump card up their sleeve.

For who would want to piss off a Bolo commander?


My commander kneels over suddenly. My sensors detect that she is having something akin to a seizure.

After 1.978364 seconds of analyzing the situation, I decide to encourage the native to engage the neural link.

It is not a good solution, but it is the only one left to me. My deployed reconnaissance drones report military forces are already mobilizing nearby, and it will take time to convince the natives that I am not a threat.

I may very well be overwhelmed by the seizure, but I calculate a 37.98312% probability that I will be able to help her push through it.

I engage the internal speakers.


"Grab the helm."

Sunset, fighting through disorientation as the memory that was not hers played through her head, instinctively reacted to the voice of command. With groping fingers, she clutched at the neural-lace helmet, placing it on her head.

And suddenly two minds became one.


We reel, our minds connected, flesh joined to metal, neurons paired with computing circuits. The tide of agony rolls from the biological portion of us, and the machine portion of I/We attempts to assist that portion in its struggle.

There is a mental block, deeply ingrained. The seizure appears to have resulted from that portion of the brain.

I/We direct considerable force at that block, and it shatters.

A tide of emotion rolls in, as we experience a surge of a lifetime of memories.


Rainbow Dash muttered angrily as she flew towards the city limits. The thing that had taken Sunset Shimmer had shaken her, and her fingers were beginning to ache from the strain of playing the guitar.

Whoever took Sunset is going to pay for this! No one kidnaps any of my friends! NO ONE!!

Suddenly, a large thing came out of the sky, swooping under her. Her guitar was knocked away, and her wings, ears, and tail vanished. She held on for dear life as it flew back up into the sky.


The Bolo moved onwards, accelerating as it headed away from the city suburbs.

A Wyvern came in, landing inside the hold in the Bolo that it was stored in when not in use. A girl with rainbow-colored hair tumbled off, looking around inside the hold. It flew back out, along with its three brethren.

Less than a minute later, they returned, each one of them carrying a girl.

The doors rolled shut, leaving them in darkness.

Author's Note:

Updates will come more slowly then they have, but hey, that's life. Sometimes you just have to roll with it.

I hope that this chapter does not disappoint. :pinkiehappy: