• Published 3rd Apr 2015
  • 2,018 Views, 57 Comments

A Legacy of War - Revan



An ancient war machine is awakened after the events of EG 2: Rainbow Rocks.

  • ...
3
 57
 2,018

Chapter 1: Awakened

Bolo Reboot Sequence Commencing...
Cold-Fusion Reactor Alpha optimal, operational at 125% capacity...
Cold-Fusion Reactor Beta operational at 97% power capacity...
Battlescreens at 98% capacity...
Checking inner circuts...
Circuts intact...
Bringing Personality Gesalt online...


I awaken rapidly, my personality gesalt reactivated in 0.00047 second from the beginning of the reboot sequence. I immediately conduct a survey of all my systems, and as I spend 0.075 second checking my systems, I wonder why I have been inactive.

I know the agreement that was made; I can quote it perfectly. However, I was to be placed into standby mode, not deactivated entirely.

I wonder if this is the work of the enemy, but after 0.298 second of analyzation, I reject that probability as 0.00678% - what my human creators would define as nearly impossible. We made it safely to the system, with no sign of detection.

I consult my seven internal chronometers, and discover that 16,576.8439142 standard Concordiat years have passed. I calculate a probability of 98.7654230987345267% that I have been forgotten.

But I am a Bolo Mark XXXIII, Unit of the Line 33/E-967-THR, and despair is not one of my programmed emotions.

I reach out with my sensors, and discover that my armocrete container is 57.63121359 meters beneath the surface. I continue my scan, discovering that a city appears to have been built over my current position. However, the construction is remarkably primitive, with no trace of armocrete, durachrome, endurachrome, or other Concordiat building materials.

I must get free, otherwise I will be of no use to anyone. I consider using my primary Hellbores, but reject the possibility after 0.00475 second, as three simultaneous 5 megaton explosions would majorly destabilize the area, and also cause an unacceptable level of radiation to the sentient beings that live in the city above. This also rules out using my secondary Hellbores.

I consider using my other weapons systems, but after 0.00576 second I decide against it, as it would cause unacceptable reductions in my ammunition loadout.

I apply power to my drive treads, rumbling forward. I encounter the armocrete wall of the container, and plow through it. I then begin to tunnel into the dirt beyond.

I will escape.

I am Bolo.


The students of CHS were talking and chatting. It was lunch hour on a Tuesday, and that meant...TACOS.

Sunset Shimmer had a problem with tacos - she was, by nature, a vegitarian, and tacos contained MEAT.

But as she chatted with her friends, she felt nothing besides happiness.

"So, Fluttershy, have you written any AMAZING new songs yet?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Fluttershy cleared her throat. "Um, I'm not finished yet, but I'm working on one now, yes", she said quietly.

Before anyone responded to that statement, Sunset Shimmer felt a rumble. She thought in surprise, I guess I must be more hungry than I thought.

Then, as Pinkie Pie jumped up and screamed, "NEW SONG PARTY!!!!!!!!!!" in a voice so loud that everyone instinctively dove to the ground, a second rumble revertebrated through the entire building. This was followed by the disturbing realization that the ground felt like it was moving under their feet, and a series of vibrations followed, increasing in intensity by the instant.

Rarity yelled, "PINKIE, WHAT DID YOU DO???!!!" as the vibrations began to shake the building on its foundations.

Applejack hollered back, "AH DON'T THINK THAT PINKIE DID ANTHING!!!!"

Sunset Shimmer was about to ask them to shut up so that she could figure out what was going on when the building began to rise up. The floor tilted alarmingly, and students began to scream in panic.

"THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS!!!" Trixie declared - right before Flash Sentry's guitar nailed her in the back of the head, putting her down for the count.

As Sunset and her friends clung to each other, Sunset wondered, What in Equestria is going on?