• Published 30th Mar 2015
  • 1,028 Views, 7 Comments

Schoolhouse Library - Twilee Tales - The1Ryu



A collection of one-shot stories about the uncommon shipping of Twilight Sparkle and Cheerilee. Each one will be written around a randomly generated prompt.

  • ...
6
 7
 1,028

Shutter Tea

Shutter Tea
By The1Ryu

Cheerilee shivered noticeably as she and Twilight slowly made their way through the palace. Twilight gave her a sympathetic look and a quick nuzzle which caused her to jump a little at the sudden contact, before she steadied herself with a deep breath and nuzzle her marefriend back.

“You don’t need to be nervous Cheerilee,” Twilight assured her, “Princess Celestia really down to earth.” Twilight paused then snickered at her unintentional joke. “And she really excited to meet you.”

Cheerilee managed a little glare at Twilight for the joke, but it quickly gave way to her nervousness. “I know love, I know. But this isn’t just one of your friends or an old acquaintance, Princess Celestia has to be one of the most important ponies in your life.”

“You weren’t this nervous when you met my parents,” Twilight countered gently, then put a hoof to her muzzle. “Actually I don’t think you were nervous at all.”

“I met lots of parents in my life,” Cheerilee thought back to all the student related and non-student related parental meetings she had attended. “And they weren’t the immortal ruler of all of pony-kind.”

“Well not all of pony-kind,” A gentle and softly mischievous voice spoke up from behind them. The pair turned to see the tall regal form for Princess Celestia standing behind them, a soft smile on her lips. “There are some pony communities in the lands beyond Equestria’s boarders, the least of which not being the Crystal Empire.”

“Princess!” A smile spread over Twilight’s face as she quickly moved to give her mentor a hug, which Celestia happily returned gazing down at her student. “I thought you were meeting us in the tea room?”

“Well I was running a little late,” Celestia admitted softly, “I’m just glad to know you didn’t find it empty and think I had forgotten. Now are you going to introduce me to your lovely mare friend.”

Their eyes fell upon Cherrilee, the color of the schoolteacher’s cheeks turned a deep purple and she quickly bowed her head nearly to the ground. “I-it’s a pleasure to meet you Your Highness!”

Celestia gave the mare a sympathetic look, as Twilight gave a quiet exasperated sigh at this not unexpected reaction. She started towards her marefriend but Celestia’s long steps carried her to Cheerilee first, “No need to be so formal my little pony not when you are my guest and, more importantly, my dear Twilight’s special somepony.”

Cheerilee stood up at that and with a much slighter bow of her head said, “Yes Y- Princess Celestia.”

“Good,” Celestia gave her a pleased nod and the trio made their way to the tea room. There a hot pot of tea and a small assortment of snacks awaited them.

Twilight and Celestia fell easily into conversation on a number of topics, new and old, having enjoyed many such teatime conversations. Cheerilee soon found that she felt more like a third wheel then the reason for their visit. Several moments of silent envy passed and soon she was even too embarrassed to pick up her cup watching the two unicorns manipulate theirs with magic.

Noticing Cheerilee’s quiet and slightly dejected expression Celestia silently chastised herself for getting carried away with Twilight. It had been a while since she and Twilight had last gotten together and they had easily forgotten about their guest in their attempt to catch-up with one another.

“So Cheerilee, Twilight tells me you’re the Ponyville school teacher.” Celestia began hoping to draw the mare into the conversation, but the nervous earth pony simply nodded in the affirmative; Celestia was not deterred. “Twilight was always and is such a keen student it’s no wonder she’d end up finding a pretty teacher to settle down with. Thought it makes me wonder what kind of… un-studently thoughts she had about her teachers,” Celestia chuckled.

Twilight nearly spit out her tea at the princess’ suggestion and went into a coughing fit for a moment before croaking out a shocked, “Princess!”

Celestia made little attempt to hide her giggle behind her hoof, Cheerilee did a much better job when Celestia’s comment suddenly reminded her of some of the more… playful things Twilight had said when they were together, especially after a bit of wine to relax her.

“Oh Twilight, I’m just teasing,” Celestia said doing little to reassure her student, but turned the conversation back to Cheerilee. “Come now Cheerilee tell me about your students.”

“Oh well they’re a good lot of fillies and colts. Not that can’t be a hoofful at times,” Cheerilee paused to let out a giggle. “Just the other day two colts in my class, Snips and Snails, painted their faces green and pretend to be sick to get an extension on an essay I assigned them.”

Celestia joined Cheerilee’s giggling, “Oh my, that is funny, but actually you know Twilight did something just like that, except she used a color changing spell and it took weeks for it to wear off.”

Twilight choked on another mouthful of tea and again went into a coughing fit at that comment, the two other mares cooed sympathetically at her plight until she was able to breathe again. “Princess… I… That…” Her face became even more flushed then it had when she had been choking on her tea as she tried desperately to find something to say.

“I’m surprised that Twilight of all ponies would let a school project be left unfinished.” Cheerilee commented partly to save her marefriend from more rambling and partly to watch her squirm a little more.

“Oh it was finished, she just didn’t know how to get the twenty-five hundred word essay she had written, down to the requested thousand words. Twilight can take things a little too seriously.”

Both Celestia and Cheerilee giggled at that and Twilight silently decided not to sip any more tea while they were talking. By then end of the visit Twilight’s mane stuck every direction it shouldn’t and she had developed a chronic shutter.

“I’m sorry love, we were just teasing,” Cheerilee said giving her marefriend a reassuring nuzzle which caused the jittery mare to jump back.

“You two are never allowed in the same room ever again.” Twilight swore with exasperation.

“Oh,” Cheerilee gave her a curious look, “That might be difficult since Celestia invited us back again next month.”

Twilight just shuttered at that thought.

Author's Note:

After long break I should start regular updates, no promises though.
This story's prompt: Cringe. Started back before the pause and not very happy with it.