• Published 30th Mar 2015
  • 1,027 Views, 7 Comments

Schoolhouse Library - Twilee Tales - The1Ryu



A collection of one-shot stories about the uncommon shipping of Twilight Sparkle and Cheerilee. Each one will be written around a randomly generated prompt.

  • ...
6
 7
 1,027

A Lonely Pair of Souls

A lonely Pair of Hearts


The buzzer rang and the blue unicorn stallion sitting across from Cheerilee shakily got to his hooves and swayed uncoordinatedly as he made his way to the next table. Cheerilee sighed at that, resting her face against her hoof and leaned against it, the foreleg held erect by her elbow resting on the table.

Her lamenting thoughts of coming to the Sugarcube Corner’s speed dating night pausing as another pony sat down in the chair across from her. Looking up her head jumped back and her eyes shot wide, “Twilight Sparkle?”

“Cheerilee?”

“W-what are you doing here?” Cheerilee face flushed with embarrassment and she sat up a little straighter.

“Oh well…” Twilight broke eye contact with Cheerilee at that question, not even convincingly becoming distracted by something on the table. “Rarity! Ya, Rarity been bugging me to get out more, so here I am.”

Twilight sounded like Apple Bloom claiming Wenona had eaten her homework, but she pushed that thought aside and clarified. “No I mean, why did you move tables? The fil… the other speed date nights are on different… well nights. Tonight the mares are supposed to stay at their tables and the stallions are supposed to move around.”

“Really?” Twilight looked confused, “But well, the stallion kind of lost consciousness in the middle of his last sentence. I asked Pinkie Pie what we should do but she said it was my turn to switch tables anyway.”

Cheerilee frowned at that for a moment before a smile cracked the grim look and she gave a little giggle, “I think she’s playing a prank on you Twilight.”

“It would seem so,” Twilight gave a laughed as well, “What should we do?”

“Nothing,” Cheerilee waved a hoof at the question. “I need a break from these stallions away way.”

“Oh?” Twilight asked in a curious way that reminded Cheerilee of her students. “Have you been to one of these events before?”

Cheerlie nodded, “Yes and it’s always the same. The first couple of bucks are too nervous to talk straight and after that they’re all too drunk to talk straight.” Cheerilee face fell as she looked off to one side lost in memories, none of the good apparently.

Cheerilee gave her head a little sake, Twilight’s eyes fallowing her shifting mane, and cast away the memories. The she flashed her new ‘date’ a smile and asked, “So what bring you here Twilight?”

Confusion spread over Twilight’s face, “I-I already told you…”

“Mmhmm,” Cheerilee interrupted, nodding with a smile, then she gave her a knowing smile. “Now tell me the truth.”

Twilight face turned a deeper purple and her eyes dropped back down. That was the same look Princess Celestia gave her when she told a white lie, and the truth swiftly fallowed.

“Well I don’t know, I guess I’m just a bit lonely” Twilight began in a quiet voice. “I used to the fine with being by myself for days or even weeks on end, or well just Spike and I anyway. Then I met the girls and I was so happy, I hadn’t realized that the pain I felt sometimes was loneliness, I always just ignored it.

“But recently I started feeling lonely again, and this time I couldn’t ignore it.” Twilight gave a frustrated growl and, still looking down, didn’t see the concerned look spread across Cheerilee’s face. “Having friends is supposed to make you feel less lonely, and they did, but I just wanted something… more.”

Cheerilee reached across the table and placed her hoof on Twilight’s causing her to look up and meet Cheerilee’s eyes. “I know how you feel. I might have been,” Cheerilee paused to clear her throat, “Much more social then you when I was younger, but it’s the same for me now. I have friends and all my students but at the end of the day I want somepony to be there just for me.”

Cheerilee chuckled to herself, “It sounds kind of greedy of me huh?”

“Well statistically speaking it would be illogical for us not to try dating.” Twilight tried to assure Cheerilee

Hearing it worded in such a way Cheerilee couldn’t help but start giggling. Twilight gave her a confused look.

The buzzer rang again and Twilight rose to head back to her table, a curious look spreading across her face as she turned to see Cheerilee standing up as well.

“The stallions are just going to go downhill from here,” Cheerilee explained, then adding quietly. “They really should stop selling drinks at these events.”

“Why don’t we go find something else to do, or we could even just head back to the library and find a few good books to read.” Cheerilee suggested.

Twilight ears perked up at that and she trotted eagerly up to Cheerilee, “Well the Library is normally closed this late, but I think I can make an exception for you.”

“Glad to hear it, do you have a good romance section?” Cheerilee asked leading them out of Sugarcube Corner.

“Better then I’d ever admit to the girls,” Twilight admitted with a grim fallowing next to Cheerilee.

As they trotted out onto the street Pinkie Pie, dress in a winged toga, slowly lowered herself down into the entrance from the ceiling by a rope tied around her midsection. Bringing up a pink bow and an arrow with a heart shaped tip she aimed it at Twilight’s flank, spoke in a low voice, “Forever!” and let the arrow fly.

Twilight cried out in shock when the arrow stabbed into her rump with all the pain of a pin prick, “PINKIE!”

Author's Note:

This Story was written with the prompt: Alone. I sort of twisted the definition around, but I think it still works.
This wasn't the first story for this project I wrote, but I thought it was a good one to open with.