• Published 1st Apr 2015
  • 516 Views, 10 Comments

Rise of Pinkamena: Book 2 - Raven Star



Solar contains to find a to fix his seal so his darkness won't cusome him

  • ...
27
 10
 516

Nova Star

“Greetings, Solar. Our sister has told us about your troubles. We are here to help you find Nova Star.” Princess Luna said, having just teleported into the library.

“Princess Luna!” Solar said, bowing before the Princess of the Night. “I appreciate your help, but may I ask why you decided to help me find him”.

Princess Luna closed her eyes. "I'm aware that he is your younger brother. So we see so much of ourself in thou, fair Solar. Long ago, I went through something similar, and I fell into its grasp. I don't want you to as well. That is why we are here. And we like you as our friend.” The alicorn opened her turquoise eyes and gazed upon the wolf. She walked over to him and hugged him.

Solar nodded. “I understand. Thank you, Princess Luna.”

Luna smiled. “Please, call us Luna.”

Solar nodded again. “So, uh, shall we start, Prin- uh, Luna?”

“We can leave as soon as you like, after we have collected the necessities for traveling.”

“Oh, I'll start working on that, Princess!” Twilight Sparkle said, dashing off to start packing for the two travelers.

“Thank you, dear Twilight.” Luna turned her gaze back to Solar. “Now, do you think you can handle the journey to Tartarus? You will face many challenges along the way. Are you up to it?”

Solar looked back up at Luna with a look of determination on his face. “I'll do anything to save my friends, and to help control what resides inside me.”

"Aright then if you two are ready I'll teleport you two." Luna said

"We're ready Luna." Solar said and with that a dark blue flash and Twilight Solar were gone.

"Do becareful you two." Luna said as she closed her eyes.,

Solar and Twilight arrived at the gates of Tartarus. "Twilight if I start to lose contrel when I see Nova. I want to stop me before it gets to far." Solar asked

Twilight nodded.

Solar and Twilight entered, moments later they saw a black shadow shaped like an alicorn asleep.

"Twilight, let me do the talking."

Twilight just nodded.

Meanwhile back at Pony Ville , Rarity Fluttershy and Applejack were with Rainbow helping get the babies room ready.

"Rainbow are you aright sugar cube." Applejack asked.

"I can't stop thinking about Solar." Rainbow said

"I'm sure Twilight will fix him some how". Fluttershy said in a soft.

"What are you gonna name her Rainbow." Applejack Asked.

"Solar and I decided on Tornado Dash."

"That's a good name darling.” Rarity said “When are you due?”

“About four months” Rainbow replied. glancing down at her stomach.

“Nova Star! It's me, Solar Eclipse. I need to talk to you.” Solar yelled to alert the creature in front of them. The dark shape shifted, and Solar could see one of its eyes open. The creature then stood up to its full height, which was about the size of Princess Luna. Black wings extended, blocking the back wall from view of Solar and Twilight.

“Solar.” the alicorn responded in a deep baritone voice. “Why have you come to see me? I murdered our family, remember?” Nova Star's wings and ears folded down. “Alas, I must say that after all these years locked away in Tartarus, I have regretted what I have done. Can you ever forgive me?” He looked up at Solar.

Solar met his glance. “Yes, I do. Your my brother” Nova Star smiled. “But that's not why I'm here. I came because I need your help.”

Nova Star 's expression changed to one of curiosity. “Help with what? What can I help you with?”

“I have a problem. There is a monster that resides inside me, and I need your help to learn how to control it.”

The black alicorn chuckled.

“An inner demon, huh? Well, I'll help you. Maybe it will make up for what I've done. I can't leave this place, but maybe I'll move to someplace less...hot. Come here Solar.” Nova Star glanced at Twilight. “And you, unicorn...you can just...uh, wait here.”

Twilight nodded. “Alright, good thing I brought some books!” she said, before pulling a few books from her saddlebags. She moved over to a nearby corner and began to read.

This time it was Solar who chuckled. “Oh Twilight. Always packing the important things.” Twilight rolled her eyes. He turned to look at Nova Star. “Alright, where do I begin?”

“Patience, brother. Let me ask some questions first. Question number one – when does this monster reveal itself?”

“When I get angry.” Solar replied.

"Aright. Next question, what makes angry."

Solar looked down at the ground and Nova nocited. Nova walked over to him and put a hoof on his shoulder and smile and Solar looked up at him..

"I have nightmares of Pinkamena tourtureing my wife Rainbow Dash who is pregent with my daughter."

Nova coughed for a moment.

"Question three, when did it start".

Solar toke a moment then spoke.

"When I died."

Nova Star looked confused. “When you died? But you can't be here if you died.”

“It's a long story. But to shorten it up, I was murdered, but then I was brought back to life.”

Nova Star shrugged.

“Okay, seems legit, I guess. Now, back to the questions. Question four! How often do you get angry?”

Solar thought for a moment.

“Depends. I get angry at Pinkamena a lot, but that's only in dreams. I got angry at the hospital once, when I demanded to see Rainbow Dash when I was told see was pregnant....That's all I remember, to be honest.”

“Okay, that's enough information for now. Now, let's work on your training. It will take three months”. Nova said

"What do you want to do first." Solar asked.

"Well! first I want you to close your eyes clean your mind. When you fight Pinkamena you must not think of you wife during battle. That's what she wants you to do."

Solar closed his eyes and cleaned his mind of everything that Pinkamena has done to him.

“Now, think of the happy times you have had with Rainbow Dash and your friends.”

Solar concentrated more. He remembered how he and Rainbow Dash first met, their wedding, them eating dinner together, there first kiss and lots of fun times. He remembered meeting Fluttershy for the first time, she was alittie nervous, helping Applejack harvest apples, meeting Big Mac, Apple Bloom and Granny Smith, Helping Rarity with some of her work and meeting Sweetie Bell, Rarity saying that that symbol on his eye made him look sexy, throwing parties for Rainbow Dash with Pinkie P-

Solar growled.

"That mare didn't deserve to be in my memories anymore. She could go die in a hole for all I care. But something is telling me it's not really her."

All the while, the symbols on his body were beginning to glow faintly.

“Solar, calm down! You're letting your anger get the better of you!” Nova Star said, trying to get the wolf to calm down.

Solar quickly realized his mistake and began to relax. “Sorry. It's just that she appeared in my memories.”

Nova Star sighed. “That's okay. You'll come across those memories from time to time. You must learn to embrace them and remember how fun they were.”

Solar nodded. “Alright, let me try again.”

He closed his eyes and cleared his mind Just then he felt a hug as he looked up and saw his father.'

"Now, your shouldn't be crying like that son".

"Father I'm":.

Solar was stopped by a paw on his lip.

"You need to forgive Nova Star." Solar gasped at what his dad told him.

"So what's new with you son?"

"Well, Solar stopped for a moment. I'm married and gonna be a father soon. Solar replied

Super Nova was silent for a moment.

Then he hugged his son and a tear fell from his eye.

"Now look who's crying." Solar joked.

Super Nova Chuckled.

"What's her name."

"Rainbow Dash, she's a Pegasus that lives Ponyville."

"How long have been married."

"Two months." Solar replied.

"Well, I have to go but you have to forgive Nova okay. You can't hater for the change that lays ahead of you."

"I will, dad thank you."

"We are proud of you son, good bye."

Solar opened his eyes and hugged Nova Star.

"I forgive you Nova."

Twilight shed a tear of happiness as she watched the two brother forgive each other.

Nova felt his eyes water and returned the hug.

"Thank you Solar. Nova said.

"We should get some rest you two." Nova said. "We'll countie tomorrow"

Meanwhile back at Ponyville Rainbow enter the house alone. the house was quite.

She sighed as she enter the house and walked the bed room and crawled into bed.

"It feels different without him here holding me." She thought to her self as a tear fell from here eye.

"I miss him so much. It's been 3 months. You better come home soon Solar I want to be held in your arms." Rainbow whisper

It has been three months since Solar strated his training.

“Wake up, Solar! Up and at 'em! We've still have a one thing before you complete your training!”

Solar woke up to Nova Star, who was practically yelling in his ear. The wolf yawned, stood up slowly, and stretched his muscles.

“Okay, I heard you, I'm up!” he said in tried voice. Twilight was sleeping, cuddled against him as she awoke as well.

Nova Star grinned. “That's more like it. Ready to start your training for today?”

Solar shrugged. “Sure, I guess. Are we continuing where we left off?”

The alicorn nodded. “ Now, come over here and close your eyes, I'm going to use a meomerie spell to see what Pinkamena did to you.”

Solar did as he was told. He shut his eyes, The aliacorn light his horn a placed it on the wolves head..

It's didn't take long for the alicorn to find what he was looking for.

"Can you get that, dear?" Rainbow asked

Solar went to answer the door. He didn't even see who it was until WACK. Solar was hit on the head with a baseball bat and was knocked out by a cloaked figure. Rainbow gasped.

"Solar"! Rainbow yelled.

"Who the hell are you and what do you want?!" Rainbow asked in a tough voice.

The cloaked figure walked towards Rainbow as she was backed to the wall.

She lunged at cloaked figure, but Rainbow was hit over the head with the bat and passed out.

Solar started to get angry as a another memory went though his head.

Solar Twilight and Sirocco were walking down the cave as Solar lead the group. All of a sudden, Solar stepped on a bear trap and let out a blood curling scream of pain.

“Oh my god, Solar!” Twilight gasped, rushing over to the injured wolf.

Blood was pouring out of Solar front left leg, and tears fell from his eyes.

Twilight used her magic to open the trap and Sirocco picked up and lifted him out.

Sirocco laid Solar on the ground, as he was in heavy pain. Blood poured out of the wound as Solar cried in pain.

“What was that? That sounded like Solar.” Rainbow thought to herself. Rainbow started to struggling again.
Solar's symbols started to glow as Nova and Twilight noticed.

Another memory went though has head.

"Ah, it would seem my little 'surprise' worked like a charm". Pinkamena said with a smile.

"Pinkie! What have you done"? Rainbow screamed

"My name is Pinkamena, Dashie. I can't tell you what that was. It would ruin the surprise, silly.”

“You...you..” Rainbow sputtered.

“Monster?" "

Yes, I get that a lot.” Pinkamena finished. “They're close now. Only a matter of time."

The arua around Solar became stronger.

Solar your got to control your anger you are doing what she wants." Nova yelled.

"You know why I'm doing this, Dashie.” said Pinkamena.

“No, I don't know, Pinkie. Why are you doing this.” Rainbow asked.

“To kill Solar. You see, he has something I want.”

“What is that?” Rainbow asked angrily.

Pinkamena punched Rainbow in the gut. “ I need you to bring the beast out of Solar”

"Wh-what beast?" Rainbow asked

"You'll see Dashie." Pinkamena said with a grin.

The aura around Solar started to lighten as he was trying to gain contler it.

"Heh heh heh...” Rainbow chuckled weakly.

“What's so funny?” Pinkamena asked.

“This!” Rainbow kicked Pinkamena in the face, broke her restraints and flew into Pinkie as hard as she could sending her flying into the wall knocking the wind knocked out of her. Rainbow took this chance to escape and find her husband.

Pinkamena soon recovered, however, and then proceeded to jump and tackle Rainbow and tied her up again. Her screams echoed throughout the cave as Solar, Twilight ,and Sirocco heard her.

Rainbow Dash lay strapped to a table, her head hanging low. A certain pink earth pony stood in front of them, but instead of her normally frizzy mane, it lay flat. There was a grin across her face.

“So you found us. I knew you would. Now the fun can really begin!” Pinkamena giggled.

While her friend was speaking, Twilight was attempting to contact Rarity, but was making no progress. Pinkamena, however, noticed what Twilight was trying to do.

“Sorry, Twilight, but you can't do that here.”

That was the last thing the group heard before all seeing black. When Solar came too, the first thing he noticed was the texture of the floor. It felt... marshy. Jerking up, he came to realized that both himself and the two ponies were in a cage suspended off the floor. Looking over, he noticed that Sirocco and Twilight were already awake. He also noticed that Twilight and Rarity had a magic-restraining ring around her horn and Fluttershy and Sirocco's wings were tied to her sides with rope. He saw Applejack in the cage next to his.

“Oh goody, you're awake! Now the fun can begin!” Pinkamena said, a grin spreading across her face.

Pinkamena walked up to a lever and pulled Solar's cage lower. She open it and tackled Solar and stomped on his wounded paw as he screamed in pain.

Solar had one last memory go though his head

Solar was chained by his front and back paws as blood was dripping from his wound. Pinkamena walked up to Solar.

“Solar, you know you're the one I wanted.” Pinkamena grinned widely as she punched Solar in the gut and he coughed to try to get his breath.

“Get up pup, you're so weak!” Pinkamena growled as she stomped on his gut and kicked him as he was slammed against the cave wall screaming in pain.

“Stop this, Pinkie! Please! This isn't you!” Rainbow yelled as she struggled to get free but she couldn't move.

Twilight and the others can only watch helplessly as their friend get beaten.

A few minutes later, Solar was coughing up blood as he tried to get up, but couldn't cause of the pain.

“Get up, I dare you!” Pinkamena growled.

She stomped on his back as they all heard a crack.

AGHHHHH. Solar yelled as he looked up at Pinamena spit blood on her face.

“That's it, now your dead!” she yelled as the others had tears pouring out of their eyes.

Pinkamena took a knife from her mane as she walked up to Solar, picked him up and stab him in the chest as he laded his head over her shoulder and coughed more blood and fell to the floor. Rainbow screamed.

Pinkamena pulled the knife out and Solar fell to the floor.

The aura around Solar was almost gone as he was starting to clam down.

Twilight and nova walked up to solar who was panting hard from all the raw energy he released.

"Did I just do that on my own." asked Solar.

"I believe so your train is done." Nova said.

Luna appeared . "Are you two ready to come back to Ponyville." She asked twilight and solar.

Solar walked over to Nova and hugged him as he hugged back.

"Thank you uncle and I'll try to get Celestria to give you a second change to come back to Ponyville."

"Thank you Solar, I hope to see you again". Nova replied

With that Luna teleported the two back to Ponyville.