• Published 23rd Mar 2015
  • 1,419 Views, 12 Comments

The Knights of Tambelon - Catrina37



Twilight is caught in a storm and rescued by four beings known as the Knights of Tambelon. Their leader is none other than Tirek's brother Scorpan. Secrets will be revealed as well as an evil greater than Ahuizotl.

  • ...
3
 12
 1,419

Story of Scorpan

Chapter 5: Story of Scorpan

That night, Twilight and the others were seated at a round table, having dinner in the old castle’s kitchen, which is made up of berries, vegetables, and apple slices.

“It’s my special Veggie-Eater Supreme,” Thorne says while handing everyone their meals, “It’s not as fancy, but it should be to your liking, Princess Twilight.”

“Thanks,” Twilight thanks them, “And just call me Twilight.”

With Thorne finishing giving everyone their plates, as well as him sitting down next to Scorpan to not keep everyone waiting, Twilight takes the first bite of her Veggie-Eater Supreme. Her hunger making her first bite a really big one, and the moment she tasted her food, she felt like she was having one of the best meals of her life.

“Mmmmm. This is really good,” Twilight says, before swallowing her food, “Where did you get these anyway?”

“We’ve grown our own garden not far from here,” Scorpan explains, “That’s why it’s important we make sure our food routes are clear.”

“Yay. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to make anyone more Veggie-Eater Supremes.” Thorne points out.

“You got that right, Thorne. Only we’d also lose more than just the one dish.” Rep says to Thorne.

“At least Grogar hasn’t found us, yet. Then we would have been in real trouble.” Catrina points out.

“That reminds me. You mentioned your king is named Grogar. That name sounds familiar.” Twilight says.

“It should. My old friend Star Swirl banished him from Equestria along with the Princesses.” Scorpan points out.

Twilight suddenly becomes wide-eyed and gasps before she can bite her apple, “You mean...Grogar the Malevolent?! He’s your king?!”

“You know him?” Catrina asks.

“Through history! Grogar and Clover the Clever competed with each other to be Star Swirl’s magic apprentice. But when Star Swirl chose Clover to be his apprentice, Grogar turned to Dark Magic to get revenge on her. Star Swirl, however, stopped him before he had the chance to enact his revenge, and he, along with Celestia and Luna, casted an exile spell that prevented him from coming back to Equestria.”

Scorpan sighs, “And unfortunately, Grogar came to Tambelon and took over.”

“What is Tambelon?” Twilight inquires.

“It used to be our home. I should start from the beginning...”

Before he started to tell Twilight about Tambelon, Scorpan by then gets up and walks over to fire igniting in the fireplace. It fascinated Twilight that Scorpan decided to go over to the fire before telling the story.

“Once, I, along with my brother Tirek, were knights under the rightful King of Tambelon. Tambelon was known as the city of musical harmony. Different creatures lived there as they created special bells to bring music to our home. It was peaceful until Grogar arrived and used his dark magic to overthrow our king and take over as new ruler.”

As he told the story, he stared at the flames, like he was reliving the very times Grogar came into power.

“Tambelon soon became a city of ruins, most of our people resisted Grogar and went underground, but others prefer to follow his path of power. They became corrupted by his magic and the promise of power over Equestria, including Ahuizotl, an arrogant ex-student we used to know.”

“Ahuizotl?”

“Yay. And somehow, Grogar corrupted my brother after Ahuizotl captured him for causing a rebel rousing. We were ordered to go to Equestria and steal their magic, so he would prepare for his arrival. When I was sent to spy on the ponies, they become friends with me despite how scary I looked. Even Star Swirl became my friend. I had to tell him about Grogar and his plans. Instead of judging me as evil, he taught me some spells that should only be used for emergencies. I urged my brother to leave the ponies alone, but he would not listen.”

“So you went to Celestia and Luna and warned them of your brother’s intentions. They told me. What happened after you returned home?”

“After I went back to Tambelon, I tried to convince Grogar to leave Equestria in peace, but instead, he declared me a traitor and had me arrested. I thought I was gonna be executed for treason.”

“Until we came to Scorpan’s rescue. And we couldn’t have done it at a better time,” Thorne says, “Grogar was about to break the banishment spell and use Tambelon’s army to invade Equestria using three artifacts he created through his dark power: The Alicorn Amulet, The Manifestation Book, and the very weapon he used to corrupt our people…The Rainbow of Darkness. We stole the items and snuck out of the city before he can catch us.”

“What happened after that?” Twilight asked.

“We took the items to the Princesses and they scattered them to the farthest corners of Equestria. We feared he would send his forces to track us, so Scorpan used the time travel spell Star Swirl taught him to take us to the future,” Thorne told her, “We found this abandoned castle and settled here, hiding from Grogar and his minions until we can come up with a plan to save our home and Equestria from Grogar’s evil.”

At the last word Scorpan says, Twilight completely takes everything that she was told in like she just read a book. Saddened by what her new friends went through, she looks down at the table.

“I feel terrible,” Twilight says with pity, “Scorpan, you got branded a traitor. And, four of you risked your lives just to save us ponies.”

“We were glad to do it, Twilight,” Rep says, “Your kind reminded Scorpan of the very harmony the citizens of Tambelon once had, and inspired him to fight for it once again. To us, you ponies are our heroes.”

Twilight just smiled at them for what they said about her people. Thorne finished his meal up, got up, and walked outside.

“I better go,” he said, “It’s my turn to patrol for travelers and play as the monster.”

Immediately, Twilight felt surprised about what Thorne just said, and came to a sudden realization about what he was talking about.

“You mean you guys are the Monster of Shadow Pass?” Twilight asks.

“We take turns playing the monster so that no one could go into town screaming about us and raising suspicion of our presence to Ahuizotl.” Catrina explains.

“Oh. Well, that makes a lot of sense.”

As everyone else finished their meals, Thorne went outside and put on bigger fangs and huge bat wings. He then flew off into the sunset as the others watched him go from a window.