• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 226 Views, 3 Comments

The Night Mare: Risen - InkCrescent



When a terrible danger threatens Ink Crescent's existence and the beautiful city of Cantelot, the alicorn may have to face a new challenge on her own.

  • ...
 3
 226

12: Decisions, Decisions

Sky knocked Cristall back with a blast of dark magic.

"Don't you know that dark magic never defeats dark magic?" Cristall sneered.

Sky narrowed her eyes. "I know. This is just round one." She glanced over her shoulder where Crescent was, watching her with narrowed her eyes, one hoof on the crystal.

"Your friend there is being drained of all her magic," Cristall said, triumph in her voice. "Soon, her magic -- alicorn and Siren -- will be mine."

Sky blinked. Didn't this unicorn know anything? She looked back at Cristall, looking over her shoulder to see Rarity, Pinkie, Rainbow, Applejack, and Fluttershy helping Twilight onto her hooves.

They got her! Sky thought. She can use her Element now!

"Hey, Cristall!" Rainbow called, as Twilight shook off the affects of the crystal. "Haven't you learned anything?"

"What?" Cristall looked shocked, and she narrowed her eyes. "How did you -- "

"Now, Sky!" Crescent called. "Hit her with a spell of dark magic. It'll weaken her!"

Sky did as she was told, just as Cristall turned to face her. Cristall slid back in shock, staring at Sky. Crescent tapped the crystal encasement with one hoof, and it shattered.

"Never underestimate the power of dark magic," Crescent snapped.

Across the room, Twilight and her friends were in formation, and they blasted Cristall.

"That is the brightest rainbow I have ever seen," Crescent commented. "Actually, possibly the only bright rainbow I've ever seen."

Twilight and her friends dropped to their hooves. Cristall lay on the floor, unconscious. Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Princess Cadance appeared.

"Selene." Cadance rushed forward, giving Crescent a hug. "You're all safe." She turned to Twilight. "Thank you again, girls."

"Wait." Twilight stepped forward. "You said Selene was your cousin. And I thought you were a unicorn."

"I'm not. I had to lie, because I had to keep my identity a secret," Crescent replied, dipping her head.

"This certainly was a very interesting experience," Winter pointed out. "We'd better head back to Ponyville though." She glanced at Sky and Crescent, sadness in her eyes. "I guess you'll be staying in Canterlot."

"Are you kidding?" Sky asked. "Other than where my parents live, I like Ponyville. I'll be staying. But . . . " She looked at Crescent. Please stay, she pleaded silently.

"Well . . . " Crescent glanced at Luna.

"It is your decision, not ours, Selene," Luna murmured.

"Right. Of course." Crescent took a deep breath, closing her eyes. Sky knew she could feel everypony's eyes on her. "I don't know. I've always lived in Canterlot with Luna, and . . . " Her voice trailed off. "But the last few months . . . " Her voice trailed away again, looking at Spirit and Sky. She took another deep breath. "I know my decision."

"Well?" Sky leaned forward.

Crescent walked forward, to the center of the room. "I'm staying in Ponyville, but I will stay in touch, Luna." She walked toward Luna, bowing, before giving her a hug.

"We will miss you, Selene," Luna murmured. "But now it is time for you all to return. Cristall is no longer a threat."

"She was a powerful unicorn," Cadance said, as guards entered, taking away Cristall.

"But that's in the past." Sky sighed. "Now," she said, "we look forward."