• Published 6th Mar 2015
  • 722 Views, 5 Comments

Deeper than friendship? - TheDiscontent



Discord was once again defeated by the Elements of harmony after he couldn't destroy the friendship between the main 6. But, as he watches their lives progress, he notices none of them had made a bond deeper than that with anypony. giving him an idea

  • ...
4
 5
 722

The "Stallions" of Harmony

As Discord appeared at the cave close to the top of the mountain he glanced down at the chest still grasped withing his eagles claw. It was a rather nice chest over all, keenly decorated with gems and shaped to give it a rather royal quality. However, Discord wasn't interested in this at all, no he was after what the chest contained. Or trying to be rid of what it contained in a way. Not wanting to touch the accursed objects discord placed the chest down on a slab of stone that could have passed as a table with its height and summoned up a clone of himself.

"Hello handsome!" he joked, causing the other Discord to glare at him, "what? can't I greet an amazing duplicate of myself in all my glory?" he asked.

"Oh for Celestia's sake drop the act, as handsome as we are i'm in no mood, especcially when you bring me here so that I have to handle those cursed Elements so they don't harm you!" The clone spat, causing the real Discord to put a paw to his chest in fake offence.

"Why I would never put such a pretty face in harms way! I'm insulted that you would even consider the thought!" The clone raised an eyebrow with an 'are-you-done?' face. "Alright alright fine! But its not like i'm asking you to move the sun, just open the chest and toss the Elements somewhere on the ground large enough to manifest a stallion, it'll be about as bad as an oven burn!" he argued getting impatient now that he was certain Celestia had discovered he had gone missing.

"If its as bad as something so small then why did you bother wasting magic to bring me to do it? Honestly Its almost as if you're lying to me! I invented lying!"

"No you didn't! I did! besides, you're here now, don't want me to waste the valuable magic that I've already used now do we? And I won't be quite through with you once your done anyway."

"And why is that? Are you gonna send me after Celestia now?"

"Something like that. Once the Elements are out of their chest, I'm going to manifest some new fake ones and send you on your merry way with the copies to good old appleloosa with some of my magic."

"Ooh! I Smell a plan, do continue!"

"Well, once I begin to transfigure these Elements Celestia would be able to detect my precious chaos magic from all the way across Equestria! So, I plan to send you to Appleloosa with the some of my magic so you could give them a little taste of chaos! Then, while they're "enjoying" you're generous gift, Celestia will almost certainly become aware of your presence and rush to their rescue!" This caused the clone to cringe.

"You plan to use me as bait!?" he yelled in a half panic at the thought.

"well, yes and no, but mainly yes. It's simple, cause some trouble, Celestia come's running and sees the decoy Elements, avoid her and keep her busy as long as you can while I use my magic here when she's distracted to manipulate the elements into stallions! Worse case cenerio, she discovers what we're doing before i'm finished and you're forced to engage in light combat." Discord stated flatly as if it were nothing to it.

"Worst case cenerio, I get killed by a rage-driven allicorn!" The clone yelled, as the real Discord shoved him towards the chest. This caused it to fall open and the Elements it contained slid across the cavern floor.

"Excellent! Now you don't even have to touch the real ones!" Discord cheered as he set the chest upright and made new Elements appear in place of the others, only the shapes in which the gems were embedded on these were changed to give form to a different pose of himself. "Now, be on your way, I'm sure its only a small matter of time before Celestia finds the magic I've been using to create you and these elements!" Discord said placing the chest into the hands of the clone and ushering him to the mouth of the cave.

"And what am I supposed to do once you've finished? Explain to Celestia that I've been helping play keep away all day?"

"No, you drop the chest and teleport away after declaring your defeat! I would love to have a picture of her face when she sees the beauty's I've put in there!" Discord chuckled earning a half smile from the clone.

"Alright, But after all this is over and we've gained control I get to perform some more chaos in Appleloosa. After all, what I'll be giving them is just a distraction, and I want to give them a little something for helping in our glorious plans to thank them!"

"But of course! Now, off you go!" Discord said, waving his clone off before re-entering the cave and facing the Elements that were now Strewn about the floor. "Now, I'll give my copy time to get a good distraction going before we see just what chaos can do!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Twilight rushed through the castle searching for her friends who had left a small while before to join the after party that had started in the courtyard while she had been helping Celestia ensure that things in the throne room were returned to their respective places. She knew where the party was being held, but the crowd would be huge, and she had to find all five of her friends.

She entered the heart of the party and luckily found all of her friends were in the same group mingling, she trotted up to find they were chatting with her brother and Cadence. "Thank goodness I found you all, we need to leave immediately!" she gasped regretting the run she had put into coming down from the castle.

"Whats the hurry Twily?" Shining asked with a look of concern, "Is something the matter?"

"Yea, the party like just started!" Dash groaned, "where are we going in such a hurry?"

"It's important, I would never leave on such short notice if I didn't have good reason. But this one I can make an exception."

"Well its sad that you have to leave so soon, but we understand, it certainly sounds important, the way you sprinted over here in a full gallop without even stopping for a breath when you were closer."

"Its cool Twily, Cadence and I are headed to the Dance floor, I'll talk to ya later when we get the chance!" Shining said as he and Cadence trotted to the circle in the path to share a dance.

"Aw, c'mon Twilight, can't we at least stay for one song?" Twilight glanced over at Cadence and Shining seeing them start to move into a slow dance before turning back and nodding to Pinkie. Pinkie Beamed and zipped over to the DJ stand and pulled Vinyl out of nowhere, "Then lets get this party started!" she exclaimed tossing a mic in Twilight's direction. Deciding to go along with it, Twilight caught the mic in her magic and began to sing the lyrics she had been preparing on the train ride to Canterlot before the Invasion.

"Love is in bloom!" she sang as the music began to pick up, "A beautiful bride! A handsome groom!" As Twilight began singing Celestia could once again Sense a magical disturbance, although rather than an alarm, this was an act in progress. As she was about to begin a scrying spell to see where the magic was originating from she was interrupted as a yellow-tan coated stallion was thrown into an apple cart whilst wearing what appeared to be a giant apple costume. Applejack being the first to arrive to help the pony immediately recognized him.

"BraeBurn!? What in tarnation are ya doing here? And why are ya dressed as a giant apple?" BraeBurn however couldn't bring together a complete sentence at the moment.

"Apples, Chaos, Discord, Bulls, Nap." And with that, he lost consciousness, Celestia However had heard all she needed to know before Teleporting from the party, much to the dismay of the guards now that they knew not where the princess had gone. One shouted for another to perform a scrying spell for the princess while another began to question princess Luna for her orders. However Applejack was giving Twilight a concerned glance, having been the first of her friends to figure out why Twilight had wanted to leave so urgently. As Twilight and the others broke away from the party near the entrance to the castle, Rainbow was the first to break the silence that had ensued.

"Alright spill the beans Twilight, how in the hay did Discord get to Appleloosa?"

"Yea! I mean wasn't he turned into a statue with a super silly pose?" Pinke asked.

"When the Changelings attacked, Discord was able to free himself early and use the commotion to get to the Elements without anypony noticing before it was too late." Twilight explained, "But thats not important, what is important is that he's foolishly revealed where he is and now we can stop him!" She said Broadly giving off what she hoped was an array of confidence.

"Ya mean Celestia can stop him, what with how she done teleported there I'd bet she's already taking care of the problem while it'll take us a couple hours to get there ourselves!"

"That may be true, but we should still go, in case Celestia needs our help, so lets go!" And with a final cheer from her friends, they were off to the trainstation to head to appleloosa to deal with Discord. While Braeburn, whom had just recently come to stumbled after them.

"Wait fer me! Ah need a ride back home!" He shouted trying to keep up in his apple costume that he discovered earlier had been glued to his fur.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celestia had arrived in Appleloosa a few moments after she had cast her teleportation spell to find exactly what she had expected. Appleloosa was in total Chaos, Cotton candy clouds were rare being in the desert with one or two here and there however a giant magnifying glass had been placed under the sun to funnel the sunlight into a beam as it constantly chased ponies around as if they were ants under its scorching beam. Meanwhile Cacti and tumbleweed were tapdancing around the buildings some of which had been turned upside down or were bouncing back and forth as they would in an old cartoon, The local Buffalo including chief thunderhooves were dancing in tutu's while most of the females including little strongheart were stalking through the streets causing even the toughest ponies to cower in fear. And as Celestia expected in the center of all this was a throne upon which sat a very familiar Draconequus with a chest sitting to his right.

"Celestia! So good of you to join us!" Discord mused as Celestia approached his thrown with a generous glare towards him. "What? aren't you happy to see me? Didn't you miss me? Because I missed you." he said with a puppy dog look before bursting with laughter.

"Discord! Stop this at once and return the Elements to their Rightful place!" Celestia Demanded not at all in the mood for Discords games after the changeling incedent.

"Oh stop? Now that wouldn't be any fun now would it? After all I'm helping! I mean, honestly have you ever seen little stronghooves so in control over the populace? I'm training her to become the next chief of the buffalo tribe!" He claimed trying to pull an innocent face.

"I am in no mood Discord!" Celestia yelled.

"Oh I'm sure, what with chrissy coming to say hello during your little wedding. Oh and do send my regards to Cadence and Shining armor they are a Lovely couple!" saying this discord put emphasis by having small hearts appear and pop around his head giving a dreamy expression to a cotton candy cloud that had floated nearby, "much like me and my beautiful chaos!" he mused.

"Enough!" Celestia said stamping a hoof, "Return the Elements or I will come over there and take them myself!"

"Oh alright" Discord said standing up and grabbing the chest, he then began to float over to Celestia and presented the chest to her. Celestia reached out with her magic to grab the chest only to have it pop open at her touch and a small banner saying "Gotcha" Popped out.
"Ahahaha! Did you honestly think I'd just give you the Elements? No, in fact you'll have to play a little game with me if you want them!" Discord chuckled.

"Oh? And what game would that be?" Celestia asked cautiously. Discord however only drew close and touched the tip of her horn with his lions paw.

"Tag! You're it!" he laughed before vanishing back up onto the hill near his thrown waving the chest in his arms.

This only infuriated Celestia as she teleported next to him, or so she thought. Once she had finished her spell Discord was on top of the saloon a few buildings in town wearing a cowboy vest and a 10-gallon hat. "Yer gonna have to do better than that Pardner!" he joked doing the best cowboy accent he could. Celestia ground her teeth together as a headache made itself known near the base of her horn but she ignored it. She didn't have time to worry about such a thing, after all, this was going to get annoying very quickly.

After about an hour of chasing Discord around Appleloosa, Celestia had finaly pinned Discord while he was stating another horrible western pun and retrieved the Elements. "Finally, now all I'll have to do is find Twilight and her friends so that they may-" Celestia stopped mid-sentance as she opened the chest and saw what it contained. What she saw were the Elements although these were five tiara's and a necklace the colors seemed to be swapped, although one couldn't tell when the shapes of each gem had been altered so rather than the cutie mark of a bearer, each now resembled a differen't pose of Discord.

Celestia gazed upon these Elements for a total of about 5 seconds before she threw the chest through one of the saloon doors much to the enjoyment of the pony inside once he saw the jewels and turned back to Discord, who greeted her with the flash of a camera he had manifested.

"I promised the other me I would capture a Picture of your face when you saw the fake Elements, and he was right! Priceless! Discord Declared.

"I am through with your games Discord! Do not waste my time any longer! Give me the Elements!" Celestia Demanded.

"Oh I would but you see I don't have them" Discord said with a sheepish smile before teleporting behind her on a stage. "Allow me to introduce you to Me! Discord 2.0!" he said when Discords that had appeared where she had been facing a moment ago began to cheer and applaud and a smaller one appeared on her shoulder. "That means he's a clone!"

"WHAT!? Where is the REAL Discord then?"

"Oh him, he's within a cave atop the mountain near Canterlot, although I'm sure he's finished his deed by now. Surely you've noticed the magical balance?" It was only then that Celestia's mind returned to the ache she had felt near the base of her horn. The unmistakeable sensation of great amounts of chaos magic being focused into one Item, although She had the feeling this was the sixth of five others she had felt. Celestia had been so caught up she had failed to see through the distraction Discord had set up, and his plan had worked, and she only now realizes it.

"And whats more," the clone continued, "you're precious student and her friends are probably on their way here thinking this is where they should be since you left in such a big hurry that now, there will be no time to stop the real Me!" Discord shouted with a laugh. Celestia once again Teleported away not wanting to waste anymore time with the clone, praying that she still had a chance before the real Discord did something to the Elements.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discord laughed as his brilliant plan was finally put into action. The Elements were surrounded within spheres of color as his magic began to shape and mold them to his whim as each began to float to the height of a stallion about the same age as the main 6 and one was already forming the first leg of its new form. "Ahahaha! This is going splendidly!" Discord cheered for himself, "Soon the Elements will become completely changed into their newest form! And I'll be free to do as I please!" Discord laughed to himself once again bending down to examine the process of the Elements closer before a bolt of magic shot directly to where his head had been moments before.

Discord turned Expecting to see Celestia and maybe a platoon of guards waiting for him, yet found only five mares, along with one purple unicorn who had just tried to blow his head away with a magical bolt.

"Girls you're here!" Discord exclaimed cautiously, still unaware of weather the Elements could be used the same way before their transformation was complete. "What a lovely surprise! Especially since I wasn't quite expecting you to be the first to arrive, say, how did you find out about my little cave hmm?" He questioned, genuinely surprised that they had found him before Celestia.

"Well ya woulda been hard ta miss, We're all connected to our Elements so when ya started changing 'em with yer magic it shone so bright it was like a neon sign had been hung up sayin, "ELEMENTS OF HARMONY HERE!""

"Hmph! Clever, I suppose I'll have to make note of that next time I try to take over Equestria." Discord said with his claw to his chin.

"You won't get the chance Discord! Now hand over the Elements!" Twilight Demanded.

"You're about as stubborn as Celestia, but its too late! The Spell has been cast and I no longer need to feed my energy into it!" Discord said with a victorious smirk. "While I would have loved to see how these would turn out when finished I suppose I'll just have to check back on them another time." And with that, Discord snapped his talons together causing the unfinished transforming Elements to Vanish.

"What in Tarnation!?"

"Hey! Where'd you take our Elements!?" Pinkie cried, frantically beginning to search the cave.

"Why, I simply put them where they should go, after all I had to prepare homes in various locations for Equestrias newest residents! What kind of Spirit of chaos would I be if I didn't?" Discord asked while a halo appeared over his head.

"Homes?" Twilight muttered confused.

"Yes homes, You see, I've been watching all of you and I've noticed none of you had tried to gain an "intimate" relationship with a single stallion so, since the Elements are powered by Friendship and love, I altered them to become stallions that are also doing poorly with the ladies. This way, you can only activate them by gaining a romantic relationship and whatnot" Discord said trying to suppress a gag. Most of the mare's stood in shock while fluttershy looked ready to faint before Rainbow charged at Discord.

"Why I oughta pound you into jerk Cider!" Dash Yelled only for Discord to disappear and re-appear behind her while she ran smack into the cavern wall.

"Tut-tut RainbowDash, How do you expect to get a stallion acting like that?" Discord asked with a disapproving shake of his head. "No that won't do, however that's not my problem, the Elements will have finished changing by now and with the artificial memories I gave them, go about what they would consider a normal day. Now if you'll all excuse me I've got some Chaos to Create! Ahahaha!" Discord laughed as he disappeared his laugh echoing throughout the cave while the six mares stood in shock at what they had just heard. Just then, a white flash Enveloped the room and Celestia was standing within the cave, trying to take in her surroundings since she could have sworn she was just in a sitcom.

"Twilight, Where is Discord? Where are the Elements?" She asked frantically forgetting where she had come from and hoping she wasn't to late. Twilight just shook her head and hung it towards the ground giving her the answer she was hoping not to recieve.

She was too late.

Author's Note:

Hey All! Here's the Second Chapter of The Fic! I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far, I still haven't Decided on what i'm doing with the stallions yet so I used the interruption by our heroines to give me a bit more time while also progressing the Fic.

trying to take in her surroundings since she could have sworn she was just in a sitcom

Refers to Discord Chat
Criticism is welcome as always and I'm Still looking for an editor if anyone is interested. Don't forget to leave a thumbs up:pinkiesmile: (or down i need to know if this sucks:fluttercry:)! and I'll see you all Next Chapter!
-Bronydash860