• Published 6th Mar 2015
  • 722 Views, 5 Comments

Deeper than friendship? - TheDiscontent



Discord was once again defeated by the Elements of harmony after he couldn't destroy the friendship between the main 6. But, as he watches their lives progress, he notices none of them had made a bond deeper than that with anypony. giving him an idea

  • ...
4
 5
 722

The Wedding

Queen Chrysalis couldn't help but snicker to herself as she walked down the aisle towards the alter and her Sweet Victory! It had all worked so well, so perfectly well, even with that little pest Twilight Sparkle having seen through her rouse. But now She was trapped in the crystal Caverns and Chrysalis was quite sure that her bridesmaids would keep her from going anywhere soon. She allowed herself a Smug Grin as she Sung her tune to herself as she approached, "Finally the moment has arrived, for me, to be one lucky Bride!" She sung happily as she stepped onto the alter and Celestia Began the Ceremony. "Princess Cadence and Shining Armor! It is my Great Pleasure to announce you-" Celestia proclaimed only to be interrupted.
"STOP!" Everypony turned their heads towards the Doors of the Room and Gasped when Twilight Burst through.

"Ugh! Why does she have to be so possessive of her brother?" Chrysalis Demanded only to earn a confused glance from Celestia, "Er..Why does she have to ruin my special day?" she wailed trying to play the part once more.

"Because it's not your special day!" another voice added when what appeared to be a second Cadence stepped in front of Twilight. "Its Mine!"
More Gasps and whispers began to fill the room as ponies tried to figure out why there were two cadences in front of them.

"What? But how did you get past my Bridesmaids?" Chrysalis stammered. Cadence and Twilight only shared a moments glance at one another before Giving a short version of what happened to The Crowd. "Hmmph! Clever, But you're still to late!" Chrysalis mocked.

"I-I don't understand, How can there be two of them?" applejack managed to say.

"She's a Changeling!" Cadence Explained, "She takes your form and place near your loved ones and gains power by feeding of your love for them!"

Having been discovered, Chrysalis Chose that time to retake her own form. Everypony Gasped once more as what appeared to be a green flame engulfed the Cadence on the alter Changing her into a Tall Bug-like Creature with Slanted eyes like those of a dragon. "Right you are Princess! And as Queen of the Changelings, it is up to me to find food for my subjects!" Chrysalis Mocked once more, "And Equestria has more love than anyplace I have ever encountered! My fellow changelings will be able to devour so much of it, that we will gain more power than we ever dreamed of!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As all of this took place, Discord was still in his stone prison, watching and waiting for the right time. Once all the changelings entered canterlot after bypassing the protection spell, he would be set free by the chaos they created for the little ponies and would as well be able to gain access to the elements of harmony with ease once all the guards had left their post guarding them to aid with the attack.

'Ah hahahahaha! This is just too perfect!' Discord thought to himself, 'once i'm free from this accursed prison, I'll have been rid of the Elements long before Those infernal ponies even realize I've escaped!' he mused. And not a moment too soon, the changelings broke through the shield that Shining Armor had put in place and began to wreak havoc among the ponies that were inside. Discord could feel the balance shift and the barrier that kept himself trapped in stone weaken just enough, he put forth as much chaotic magic as he could into the stone and would have broken a sweat with the amount he was forced to use.

After a few tense moments, the stone around discords chest began to crack and soon the crack began to split and web all around the statue, and then a few pieces began to chip off revealing small portions of his true self to the world once again. Once enough had fallen away discord threw his strength into the stone shattering whatever was left keeping him in place and was free once again.

"Excellent! Now I'll wait but a few moments for the guards to sound the alarm of the invasion and then I shall make my way to the Elements!
Discord allowed himself a smirk as he snapped his talon, teleporting into the chamber that held the Elements. "This is going to be so much fun!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


As the changelings began their frenzy and stopped Twilight and her friends from reaching the Elements of Harmony. The queen could only enjoy herself at her newfound victory. She scanned the city as the other changelings did their part in the invasion and became a bit overconfident, she ignored the ramblings behind her even as Shining armor was freed from Her spell, he was still to week to perform the barrier while her changelings roamed free within the city.

As Shining Struggled to bring his barrier back to the city he quickly realized it was a useless action, "M-My power is useless now! I-I don't have the strength to repel them!" he said.

"My love will give you strength!" cadence said embracing shining in any attempt to help.

This made Chrysalis laugh, "What a lovely and ridiculous sentiment!" she mused once again watching her changelings feed. Shining glared at her before once again attempting to Replace the Barrier and repel the changelings. Seeing him continue, Cadence turned her head and brought her own horn to Shining's and powering her magic inter-fusing it with his. Suddenly, a small flash of light erupted from their combined power and they began to levitate into the air as they gave each other strength. Seeing the flash in the window she was peering out of, Chrysalis turned around to see what the deal was now only to become mortified with what she saw. Shining and Cadence continued to levitate into the air and soon, magic engulfed them completely unleashing a spell beyond expectation. Chrysalis only had time to shriek as the wave of magic hurled itself from the couple driving her and the rest of the changelings out of the city and flying back into a barren wasteland they called home. Things hadn't gone as planned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discord watched from the ceiling of the Chamber that held the Elements of Harmony as the changelings that were inside were thrown against and through the walls by the wave of magic that was emitted by The royal Couple. He would have likely been thrown away as well, however, he was causing no trouble and the barrier had been meant to target changelings directly, therefore although he was clearly a creature that wasn't supposed to be there, he was unaffected by the spell. Leaving him alone in the unguarded chamber with the Elements behind just one simple door.

While the door was sealed with Celestia's magic, it couldn't stop him from retrieving the Elements, so with a simple snap of his talons, the Chest that contained the artifacts were within his hands.

"Finally!" Discord exclaimed with joy, "I'm almost certain that Celestia has upgraded her spell since I last took these so I can't stay here, but where do I go that I can Perform My plan in peace?" Discord pondered this for a moment before deciding upon a small cave on top of the Equestrian mountain he knew of. Since his arms were full Discords tail snapped its feathers like fingers and he vanished from the sight, only his maniacal laughter remaining as it echoed across the walls for a few moments.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Celestia winced after a small jolt of magic had surged at the tip of her horn. The Ceremony had just finished and Rainbowdash had performed her famous Sonic Rainboom, much to the enjoyment of the crowd below. While normally, Celestia may have concluded this to be a small effect from the sound barrier being broken, Celestia was a bit on edge with the invasion that had just took place. She Closed her eyes and began searching with her magic for what may have caused the sensation. Twilight took notice of Her mentors concentration and began to look in worry.

"Princess Celestia is something wrong?" Twilight questioned before Celestia lost her concentration with a panicked expression on her face. This Caused Twilights concern to leap forward, "Princess what's wrong? Is Chrysalis Coming back?" she asked.

"No Twilight, she is going to be much to weak before she could try to invade again" Celestia stated causing Twilight to allow a relieved expression cross her face, "However, I believe she was not the last of our problems, I want you and your friends to meet me in the chamber of Harmony in Fifteen Minutes" She said turning and strolling out of the Throne room.

"Of course princess, but couldn't we go now? why wait?"

"Because, There is something I must check on, I believe we may hav-" Celestia was interrupted by one of the smaller doors in the side of the room being thrown open and a Guard rushed into the room before quickly bowing before his princess.

"Princess Celestia, I come bearing dire news" the guard panted.

"News that could be worse than the invasion from a half an hour ago?" Celestia asked, not happy about being held up.

"Yes your highness" the guard stuttered before glancing up, "Discord's statue has become missing from the royal Gardens, and an alarm was set off in the Chamber of Harmony as chaos magic was detected" the guard said deepening his bow.

Celestia simply froze, she had suspected Discords escape was the cause of her magical warning, yet under the invasion, he had already gotten to their means of Defeating him. Twilight, having heard what the guard said, trotted up next to celestia with an alarmed look on her face.

"Discord? b-but we turned him to stone! Shouldn't he stay that way until the Elements receive new Bearers?" She asked unable to mask the skeptical tone that was working its way into her voice.

"I'm afraid the Changelings had caused a big enough shift in the balance of Harmony that Discord was able to escape early." Celestia sighed, "I can only imagine the alarm tripped means he has taken the Elements again, you and your friends will have to locate him and find the Elements again Twilight."

Twilight nodded her head in confidence, she and her friends had stopped Discord with their Friendship once, they could just as easily do it again! She trotted off to find the others to begin their new quest, unaware of just what it would have in store for them.

Author's Note:

And here we have it! The First Official Chapter of Deeper than Friendship! (applause :yay:) Still looking for an editor for future stories/chapters to make them at least 20% cooler :rainbowdetermined2: i'm not sure how often chapters will be coming out but I think i can set a goal of at least 2-3 chapters a week, if not more. I guess it will all Be determined by how long the chapters take. Next chapter we will see just what Discord has in plan for the Elements themselves. Critisism is welcome as always and any pointers or advice is greatly appreciated as well! :raritywink: Until next time!
-Bronydash860