• Published 6th Mar 2015
  • 691 Views, 0 Comments

A House is Not a Home - Yosh-E-O



Pint and Bucky head off to visit Fall when they discover the house in which she is staying in is actually a haven for cruelty and misunderstanding

  • ...
1
 0
 691

Chapter 1 - The Really Big House

It was a warm autumn afternoon as Pint the Unicorn and Bucky the Pegasus made their way up to the very large house in which their friend, Fall, lived at.

“Wow,” awed Bucky. “I wish my house was that big.”

“A lot of fillies and colts live there,” stated Pint. “Though I don’t see many grown-ups when I last passed by.”

“Do you think that is why all of Fall’s brothers and sisters were able to bully her as much as they did?” asked Bucky.

“I suppose so,” replied Pint. “Though let’s not bring that up when we see her, okay?”

“Good point,” agreed Bucky. “I don’t like being reminded of times when I was hurt or felt bad.”

“Then why do you always bring up that scrape you got when we got into mischief in my neighbor’s yard?” asked Pint with a smile.

“That’s different,” grinned Bucky. “That’s a ‘battle scar’.”

“If you say so,” chuckled Pint.

***

“This is it,” stated Pint after climbing the stairs towards what he believed to be the front door.

KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK

The sound of trotting could be heard from inside until the top part of the door opened to reveal a middle-aged mare.

“Hello?” she asked looking outward.

“Down here!” cried Pint. “We were wondering if we could play with Fall today?”

The sea-foam-green coated mare put her hoof to her muzzle.

“Fall?” she asked. “I’m afraid I’m new here and don’t know many of the foals and colts here yet.”

“Is that the Families for Foals representative?” asked a female voice from inside the house.

The greenish mare looked at the colts, smiled, and faced into the house.

“We have two colts here who want to visit with Fall,” she stated.

“Colts?” the mare inside asked with a hint of irritation. “We’re already at capacity.”

The greenish mare looked down at the two boys and frowned.

“I’m sorry,” she said. “But you two should run along back to your families.”

“But-” Pint tried to say as the mare closed the top part of the door.

“Something’s weird about this place,” stated Bucky. “I say we figure it out.”

Pint thought about the fence he had magically transported over before and how he went unnoticed when he did.

“I’m up for some mischief,” he said with a smile. “Especially if it will allow us to play with Fall.”

***

Upon reaching the fenced in yard, Pint tried to use his Unicorn magic to teleport himself and Bucky inside. However it just wasn’t happening.

“Up for a challenge?” he asked his friend.

Bucky grinned as he reared back, scraped his hoof against the ground, dashed towards the fence, and leapt into the air with the aid of his wings.

“Oh, yeah!” he cried until his back hooves clipped the top of the fence and sent him crashing haphazardly to the ground.

“Show off,” stated Pint as he watched his friend recover from his near face-plant.

“I made it over at least,” he boasted.

“How about putting those wings of yours to use by helping me over the fence?” asked Pint.

Bucky put a lot of effort into picking up his chubby yellow body into the air enough so that he was hovering over the fence with his front hooves dangling down in preparation to bring his friend over.

“Get a move on, Pint!” he grunted. “I don’t know how long I can keep this up!”

Pint reared back, dashed towards the fence, and leapt with his front hooves outreached towards Bucky’s.

CLASP

“Got…” said the amber haired Pegasus as the additional weight caused him to plummet to the ground. He fell on his bottom and was forced flat against the ground as Pint came crashing down upon him.

“Ow,” moaned Bucky.

“At least we made it over,” stated Pint as he picked himself up. “Now let’s go find Fall.”

Author's Note:

This is the follow-up story to "The Rise of Fall". Some details have changed since the inception of the story so please don't mind any slight variances between what the characters know and don't know. Particularly on Pint's part.

The characters are continually getting updates to improve upon the telling of their story. Though these are minor changes in which do not impact the story's whole. We hope you enjoy it.