• Published 10th May 2012
  • 718 Views, 5 Comments

Fate's Labyrinth - ThatFatBrony



If you could change fate, would you? For Fate, it isn't an option.

  • ...
 5
 718

Prologue

My name is Fate. An ironic name my parents gave me, considering fate has left me with a cruel destiny.

I seem like your average filly. I have a white coat with cobalt mane. I go to school with other fillies and colts and play with my friends every day. I see the Hearth’s Warming Eve Pageant every year and I help out in the Winter Wrap Up.

However, there is one thing that makes me very different from the rest of the ponies.

I have lived several lifetimes, albeit I’ve only ever lived to the age of 11 each time. I have the curious ability to be reborn every time I die. I do not understand why I have this curse, and I do not understand how. I suppose fate wants me to change something about the strange events that happen in each life.

I am born repeatedly into the Ponyville of October, 1987, experiencing the same timeline. Each time the world changes, as shown by its inhabitants’ actions, and the cause of my death. These worlds have several rules they must obey. In one world, Magnum was crazed by his bizarre persecution complex. In another, Jade committed atrocious murder after murder when Magnum didn’t give her a doll. And in alternative world Apple Crisp believed Pearl and Jade’s family were involved in a conspiracy to revive Nightmare Moon.

Everypony, each and every one of them, are genuinely good friends. Magnum, who is never dishonest, will always be fair and sincere with you. The generous Pearl, who would give you the dress off her back if you needed it. Jade, who is the most loyal and would never leave you hanging. The kind Apple Crisp, who is never cruel to pony or creature. And Airheart, who is always fun and can make any grim situation lighter with her laughter.

But even so, when the gears of fate turn, they become controlled by their delusional thoughts, and begin to engage in violent actions. However, the perpetrator of such actions changes each time, depending on coincidental circumstances.
Another rule.

There are three deaths that are always connected to the strange chain of deaths in Ponyville. On the night of Nightmare Night, Pastel and Whiteheart are killed by somepony. And then not too long after, I will also be killed. These are not accidental, as they inevitably occur in every world. In other words, a powerful will wants this to occur. I have experienced countless worlds that no one else could. Yet, I still do not know who kills me, nor for what reason.

I will recollect my lives, in hope that I may see something I may have missed. I want to protect everpony precious to me. To break through Fate’s Labyrinth and reach the future I long for. Will I discover what I need to live on? Or will I be doomed to live through this hell for eternity…?