• Published 6th Mar 2015
  • 564 Views, 3 Comments

A New Student - BrokenUnicorn



A new student joins the school in Ponyville and the CMC attempt to make a new friend in this young colt.

  • ...
6
 3
 564

The library

After Battle Born left the school house he dissident to trade learning math and history, to learning battle tactics and how to kill anything that wasn't a pony. Ever since he got his cutie mark school seemed to by the least important thing to him, on his way to the library he couldn't help but think about that day. The day he got his cutie mark and lost his horn.

He remembered every gory detail of that day. It was almost six years ago.

"A true warrior never lets him self get knocked down, or he dose not eat!" His father yelled that day after knocking Battle to the ground for the third time that day. His father a noble crimson unicorn his cutie mark being a large blue shield, he had a long history of protecting Canterlot with his strength and to a lesser extent his magic, in fact his dad's entire family had a long history of defending Equestria from all sorts of danger, two of his uncles were killed during the changeling invasion.

"Perhaps a pony warrior doesn't but a zebra warrior always eats when his mother tells him to," said Battle's mother said, she was a truly rare sight in Equestria a zebra one of only two to make permanent reasidence in this land. His father tough him how to fight, his mother would always bandage him up after wards his father never taking it easy on him. His younger sister Kind Soul laughed she was barley out of diapers and recently learned to talk the little filly looked more like there mother with the black and white stripes at first glance most people thought that they were just friends instead of family. Him and his family were having a picnic in the Canterlot park.

When something was attacked it looked like an amalgamate of several different creatures, it had brown hair covering its serpent like body, the head of a pony, two different horns one a buffalo the other a ram's, one tooth, goats's feet, a bat's wing, a changeling's wing, a lion's claw and a falcon's claw for arms , but the eyes are the on thing that battle would never forget pitch black with crimson pupils. It rose from the ground a picked up Battles mother and ripped her in half. The blood splattering on Kind Soul has she cried, Battle's father ran and picked up his daughter.

Battle just stood their staring at the creature in shock. His face got hot, he felt an uncontrollable rage welling up inside him. He charged at the monster stabbing him in the side with his horn and releasing a blast of magical energy, something his grandmother tough him to use as a last resort for when he gets crowded on the battle field, because it was such an unpredictable spell, it could have very well killed him. But instead it blasted a hole in the side of the monster. It let out a scream, as it dropped Battle's mothers corps and picked him up

Lifting Battle up to his face the creature spoke in a deep demonic voice, "You dare attack the spirit of death and destruction! I'm not going to kill you, for three reasons one being you have potential, two I like that in a colt, and three you just got your cutie mark and I want to see ware that takes you," The creature lifted his other hand to his head and warped it around his horn, "But I still have to punish you," He said snapping his horn off, " I'm also going to keep this," That was the last thing he herd before he passed out for almost two months.

"Hey kid, are you alright?" asked a tall purple alicorn with a highlight in her hair. Her question snapping Battle out of his memory making him relies he was crying.

"Ya, I'm fine sorry just remembering a sad book I read," he said wiping away his tears. "I know you must think I'm a coward crying at a book."

"Not at all, I've done it a few times myself, I'm Twilight Sparkle ponyville librarian,"

"O well that's convenient, I'm actually on my way their, my name's Battle Born"

"Well you made it come on in, I'm just changing the sign so everypony else knows," Twilight said as she turned the sign from closed to open "is their anything in particular you were looking for?"

"Something on Equestrian monsters or...." he trailed off releasing that he was about to ask about book to help ask out girls, sincs he left the school house he could stop thinking about the orange pegasus.

"Or what?" she asked

"A book on zebra cultural," he made an excuse for the first subject that came to mind.

"Why zebras if you don't mind me asking?"

"My mom was a zebra,"

"Really, Id love to meet her we actually don't have any books on zebras, trust me I've looked, I'd like to meet you mom someday,"

"She's dead, sorry,"

"O no no no no, don't be I am so sorry for you lost," she said warping her hooves around him. "If you don't mind me asking what happened?"

"I don't like talking it, to many bad memories of that day,"

"Well that's fine if you need any thing let me know, now fallow me to the mythical section," she took him to another part of the library, and pulled out a bestiary on different mythical creatures it was an old thick book heavy enuf for both the princess and him to half to pic it up and carry it to the table, "now I'm going to half to ask you to be specially careful with this book because it is rare and written by, Celestia, Luna, and Starswirl the bearded so it also makes it one of the oldest books in her,"

"Thank you," He said opening the book. After a few hours of reading about manticore, hydra, cockatrice, and breezies he got to a page on chimera nothing he didn't read before but this time there was a note in the margins that said there was a sub-species of chimera called draconquus and a full section of them can be found on page 1,001. He turned to the page to see that it was gone ripped out. He quickly started to look for the princess. Instead he found a teenage dragon

"Excuse me, but have you seen Twilight Sparkle any ware?" He asked the dragon

"Ya, she went to Sweet Apple Acres to visit her friend Applejack," said the dragon, " you must be Battle Born I'm Spike," he extended his arm for a hoof shake. "What do you need?"

"One of the pages in that old bestiary is ripped out, I thought she should know,"

"You are absolutely right, could you go tell her I have to stay here and watch the library, school let out so the adults should not give you to much trouble,"

"Shit is it really that late, I gotta pick my sister up and take her home after that ya I'll got and tell her,"

"No problem just hurry,"