• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 280 Views, 4 Comments

The Troll who had the Moon. - softland



The life of a troll is longer that you can imagine.

  • ...
 4
 280

Softer Than Stone

Author's Note:

I wrote this while I wasn't felling sleepy.
I was also listening the music Tranquility from Kevin_MacLeod Calming album
(It's royalty free music, no charges)

This is a story about a Troll named Troldemousse and like any other troll is mother and father where always pushing themselves, nothing extraordinary for him it was a routine that only lasted for the last 2 million years, he's a young troll.

Troldemousse doesn't complain too much, well except for is older brother who is constantly blocking the sun.
Trolls don't mind bathing in the suns light even if it restrains them from moving but for Troldemousse he didn't have enough sun for is plants to grow.
Most troll like to let plants grow on them but because of is brother, Troldemousse had too much moss that prevented other plants to grow.

Worst of all Troldemousse's disturbing brother was old enough to move himself and go far away if he wanted.
Troldemousse tried to convince him, he tried and tried again but he never listened.

Until one day after a long, very long nap Troldemousse awoken with something that he almost forgot that it existed, light, he was so happy at last he could grow something else but moss but only when he could move in a few million years and get ride of the moss himself, but now that he had light something was missing, he looked on is left no one was to be seen he looked on is right no one either.

"That's strange" he thought.
He tried to call for is mum and dad but no response.

"Where is everybody" is mind began to fear, oh yes he feared that is family abandoned him.

"HEY WHERE ARE YOU ?" he shouted

"PLEASE SOMEONE IF THIS IS A JOKE IT'S NOT FUNNY ANYMORE" and still there was no response.
Troldemousse began crying, to young to walk and not old enough to be alone.
He cried and cried lakes began to form he cried for so long that a sea was created then a ocean.
When is tears stopped he was there alone in the middle of a ocean of is own tears.

He opened is eyes and was stupefied of the what he saw in the water, a big white disc was on it and going in is direction.
Has beautiful has it looked he worried what will happen when it will touch him.
He began asking it to stay away but the disc didn't respond.

When the disc was almost at him he began to panic no one ever touched him before except the plants, he tried to move shaking himself but is feet were not old enough to break from the ground.

"This is the end" he thought "mum, dad even you big brother I hope that you are ok and..." he prayed.

He closed is eyes when the moment arrived trying to not feel the horrible pain that will consume him.
But when he thought the moment had come a new sensation enveloped him, it was warm and cold a bit like the sun but not on the surface of is rock skin it was more of a inside feeling.
He was warm inside and all is problem began to be forgotten.
He opened is eyes to thanks the white disk but it was gone.

"It can't be gone I can still feel it" he thought.
And again he looked right and left, but now one, then an idea came, he looked up and there it was is saviour it was big, very big and so white it could have been milk.

"Thank you" he polite said, but still no response.

"You don't talk much hum... well I don't mind, if you stay here we have each other company won't you say ?" he smilled.

"You feel so warm do you mind if I take nape" and again the troll napped for a very long time.

When he awake something had changed again he looked a round him and was amazed the ocean was gone and trees and plant had grow everywhere that had so much growth that they where as tall as him.

"It must have been the big white disc who had done that" he thought.

But that wasn't the only surprise he looked down and to his surprise he saw feet, finally he was old enough to walk now he could go seek his family and put away his moss, a small tear ran is rock-cheek, he looked up to see the moon but something was different he wasn't sure the moon used to go from one side of the horizon from another not straight up .

After nights and nights of walking he found something again new to his eyes, small cubical colored pointy rocks aligned.

"So this is the world" he thought "So much to discover".
Curious he began walking next one of the cube.
Each foot step make everything tremble near him, the cubes where shaking like coconuts and it didn't take long for the inhabitants of the cubes to get out of their home.
Scream began to be heard, he turned himself to see a small group of four legged creature.
Some of them screamed in terror "The horror The horror".
Some fainted and others fled.

Troldemousse knew he wouldn't do anything to harm those creatures but he sensed something was going wrong.
A large boom was heard in the distant a black cloud was coming fast.
Afraid Troldemousse began to run but slipped on something and smashed in one of the house.

The inhabitant saw the cloud and began to cheer.
"Luna is going to save us, Luna, Luna, Luna".

The troll what just beginning to get up before something began lifting him up
"This is familiar" he thought.
He was then thrown to the ground a great windy voice shouted.

"Who is thy fool who tries to seek the lives of those who I protect !?" the voice was loud and powerful, to loud and powerful for him, afraid he curved on himself now he looked like a giant boulder.

"The princess has defeated the monster" someone yelled, cheers and flatteries began to rain on Luna.

The princess approached of the boulder she looked at it.

"The beast is merely tamed please all of you stay back while I go with this creature" Luna approached her horn and began lifting him then fly away.
To be continued.